What's new

Pakistan acquires capability to develop N-sub

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has acquired the capability of developing its own nuclear submarine. Pakistani scientists and the engineers have developed indigenous technology for building the nuclear submarines at the existing facilities. This capability will strengthen the naval defence of the country. President Gen Pervez Musharraf will discuss this matter with the Chinese President during his visit to Islamabad in November this year.

Pakistan started exploring alternative sources and strategies to bridge the wide gap with India in conventional and strategic weapons/forces to sustain its independence and sovereignty. The gap was widening due to the United State’s tilt towards India as compared to Pakistan. According to a military comparison, Indo-Pak conventional and strategic asymmetries until now are not primarily in favour of Pakistan:flag:
http://www.pakistaniforces.com/news/publish/article49.php

WOW Thats great, but havmt seen the relevent news on any other news website anyway All the best to Pakistan.

Pakistan Zindabaad

This is an excellent news and will surely give Pakistan a significant edge. Though i am just curious about ONE thing, why does Musharraf needs to talk to Chinese President about this development. Is it something that China is helping Pakistan with? Probably.

Iam willing to bet Chinese are involved in it probably like 50 %;)

If true this would be a major blow for US and Indian intelligence . :bunny:
Man, imagine PN becoming the first and only navy op operate nuclear subs! :flag:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Document 17: U.S. Embassy China Cable 14868 to State Department, "Ranking MFA Official on PRC Nuclear Matters: No Proliferation or Subs for Pakistan; Zip for Pyongyang," 30 May 1989, Secret, excised copy
Source: State Department FOIA release
[/FONT]
If Bush or Secretary of State Baker raised questions about China's stance on nuclear proliferation, they may have rankled Foreign Ministry officials. At a meeting held days before the Tiananmen Square events, an unidentified Chinese diplomat denied the rumors that China had helped Pakistan develop nuclear weapons and observed that since Beijing's accession to the IAEA, any country with which China was engaging in nuclear cooperation had to accept safeguards on fuels and technology. He also denied another rumor--Chinese cooperation with Pakistan on nuclear submarine technology--this was most unlikely, he claimed, because the "PRC is certainly the most backward in those technologies." (Note 19) The diplomat restated the Zhao declaration adding that "one could even say that China opposes nuclear proliferation," despite the PRC's opposition to the NPT.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB114/index.htm
In 1989, it was suggested that China is helping Pakistan with the technology of nuclear submarine, but China stated that she itself doesn't have enough technology to build a good nuclear submarine of its own, so China dismissed it as a baseless accusation. Now in 2006. After almost 15 years the same issue have resurfaced, but this time China has a technology to build nuclear submarines and it could very likely help Pakistan with it. I wouldn't consider this news a baseless argument but a very secret information.

As far as money goes for this issue. If Pakistan can spend billions of dollars on strategic nuclear ballistic missiles why not in nuclear subs program. Use some sense, will ya.

Ohhh .. That's really a NEWS !!
But I wonder on the authenticity of the news !!
If true then it is really a BIG THING for Pakistan !! :)
Kashif

I also doubt about the authenticity of this news. Pakistan has not yet designed and built any nuclear reactor on its own. All the reactors have been with outside help( Canada and China). A nuclear sub involves minitiarising a nuclear reactor and using the power generated from it to run the electric motors. Besides, a nuclear sub is much larger than a normal SSK because lead shileds needed to safeguard crew from radiation are very heavy and this results in larger size of the vessel to give sufficient bouyancy. We can rejoice but the truth is that we are still a very long way off designing and building an SSK. We have only learnt to assemble an SSK. Designing and building an SSN is probably nothing more than wishful thinking.

just think about it for sec..... if nuclear submarines are so easy to build then y there are only 5 countries in the world tat have it? and y the hell china and india pay billion of $ to get russian engineers over to help out? for 30 years china just barely managed to build a modern ssn on its own while india is struggling behind with their ATV(said to be awsome but they dont even have a ractor for it...)

i dont no about pakistan but lets put it this way: it would be a world greatest mircle plus 'nobel prize' for the outstanding job if pakistan managed to develope a modern ssn on its own.....

well Thank God pakistanies didnt listen to the people who belived we cant become a nuclear power guess what.:flag: Most have u belive we cant Build jet fighter Guess what :cheers: And here we go again doubting we cant build a nuclear sub....to all that belive there is no way

IF THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY

First you must learned to build a conventional Sub on your own before you head out to doing bigger task like thinking about such things as Nuclear Subs.

First you must learned to build a conventional Sub on your own before you head out to doing bigger task like thinking about such things as Nuclear Subs.
Okay, do yourself a favour and tell that to the people who make the statements to the media - as opposed to those discussing it on a discussion forum.

And u please first learn to read it completely before posting responce (Gen Pervez Musharraf will discuss this matter with the Chinese) learn to also read between the lines.

Pakistan is only trying to "acquire" some technology and help from China. It is only a start. Why is everyone starting to jump into a conclusion that Pakistan cannot build a nuclear submarine and and author is only bullshiting?. Indeed, it will take many years for Pakistan to build a nuclear submarine, seeing how hard it is to just build a conventional one.

As far as what i understand or what i believe is that the news only suggests that Pakistan is interested in it and trying to get its hands on it. Seeing that India has already leased some of the nuclear submarines from Russia it is a strategical threat to Pakistan, and like always Pakistan would like to have a great edge in submarine warfare versus India in order to be a defensive force.

Now i am not saying that Pakistan can't be an offensive force with the submarines either!

Pakistan is only trying to "acquire" some technology and help from China. It is only a start. Why is everyone starting to jump into a conclusion that Pakistan cannot build a nuclear submarine and and author is only bullshiting?. Indeed, it will take many years for Pakistan to build a nuclear submarine, seeing how hard it is to just build a conventional one.

As far as what i understand or what i believe is that the news only suggests that Pakistan is interested in it and trying to get its hands on it. Seeing that India has already leased some of the nuclear submarines from Russia it is a strategical threat to Pakistan, and like always Pakistan would like to have a great edge in submarine warfare versus India in order to be a defensive force.

Now i am not saying that Pakistan can't be an offensive force with the submarines either!

Webmaster.
Educate an old man. If we have MESMA, which allegedly allows us to remain submerged for a reasonably long period, and in the Indo-Pak scenario, that should be enough, why do we need Nuclear Subs, unless we have bigger designs? If we do have bigger designs, what/ who is the target to be?To me it seems we are in a tit for tat game which is not in Pakistans benefit. The only other logical explanation could be the technology itself and its possible commercial use.Any ideas / thoughts would be appreciated.
WaSalam
Araz

Back
Top Bottom