What's new

Pakistan achieves highest ever exports mark of $19.3 billion

why 1 or 2 billions increase per year only?

why nt little big increase like 10 billions or atleast 5

no electricity :cry:

after 2 years, it will jump like you mentioned above :P

While this is positive news, we all know in our hearts that we are underperforming and are way below what we should be exporting.

We need to actively encourage the development of more industries and diversify in Pakistan.

We need to improve our packaging methods and better promote our products to stay competitive and increase the value of our products

Pakistan needs to invest more in its education and infrastructure which have been proven to directly correlate to better and higher exports on a national basis.

We need to encourage the import of industrial machinery(example: fine polishing of marble and other gems/stones ) and other materials to help us develop specialized industries and expand on our export base.

We need to explore new horizons and expand our trade networks, we need to keep an open mind and think like true businessmen and trade explorers by tapping newer markets and deepening our relations with pre-existing trade markets. News of Pakistani export successes in Africa are very re-assuring. We should also be actively involved in South and Central America where I think a lot of potential exists.

As Pakistani people, both inside the country and outside (Middle East, Dubai, Europe, East Asia, North America etc..) we need to Actively purchase Pakistani products and encourage stores to carry products from Pakistan. This is an important component that I must emphasize to all Pakistani's :pakistan:

This is a collective effort on the part of the Government, workers in the various fields, producers, export promotion bureau and most important of all, the Pakistani people and Pakistani consumer.

Starting out as a nation with barely no infrastructure, no industry to speak of (maybe a mill or two in shabby condition) and a lack of a mercantile community(Muslims in this part of South Asia were traditionally not involved in this trade and as such had to learn it from scratch) we have come a long way. And we should be proud of our achievements, but as Pakistani's we know that we have lots more work to do as we are reaching for the stars.

We have just scratched the surface and need to be performing alot better which in due time, we will. Lets keep the ball rolling and expand! :flame:

Last edited:
While this is positive news, we all know in our hearts that we are underperforming and are way below what we should be exporting.
agreed! - we have potential increase our exports in multifolds
We need to actively encourage the development of more industries and diversify in Pakistan.
yes - but at the moment there is no electricity and many companies are shutting their business in Pakistan and move to other South Asian countries and China :frown: however after 2-3 years I am very optimistic we will have enough electricity and if security improves investors will start coming once again
We need to improve our packaging methods and better promote our products to stay competitive and increase the value of our products
yes i agree but it is also not a bad way to follow chinese method! - mass production, regardless of the quality hehe. At least people get jobs this way
Pakistan needs to invest more in its education and infrastructure which have been proven to directly correlate to better and higher exports on a national basis.
Agreed!
We need to encourage the import of industrial machinery(example: fine polishing of marble and other gems/stones ) and other materials to help us develop specialized industries and expand on our export base.
Well about machinery i don't know our government not investing much. I believe we should have heavy machinery factories in Pakistan where we can make heavy machineries ourself. I don't think it cost big money, only couple of hundreds of millions of dollars will do this job and in return i can assure you, all money will be back in your accounts very soon.

Yes for now, we need to import heavy machinery and utilize our resources and natural reserves that are still untapped.
We need to explore new horizons and expand our trade networks, we need to keep an open mind and think like true businessmen and trade explorers by tapping newer markets and deepening our relations with pre-existing trade markets. News of Pakistani export successes in Africa are very re-assuring. We should also be actively involved in South and Central America where I think a lot of potential exists.
No money :rolleyes:
As Pakistani people, both inside the country and outside (Middle East, Dubai, Europe, East Asia, North America etc..) we need to Actively purchase Pakistani products and encourage stores to carry products from Pakistan. This is an important component that I must emphasize to all Pakistani's :pakistan:
True! - but we must industrialize our country first, at the moment we are exporting closer to nothing. All we see is GFC Fans and Mangoes! and some sinks and washing tubs in Middle east! (my personal experience). Once we start exporting some meaningful products we must try to purchase them to promote export!
This is a collective effort on the part of the Government, workers in the various fields, producers, export promotion bureau and most important of all, the Pakistani people and Pakistani consumer.
true n agreed!
Starting out as a nation with barely no infrastructure, no industry to speak of (maybe a mill or two in shabby condition) and a lack of a mercantile community(Muslims in this part of South Asia were traditionally not involved in this trade and as such had to learn it from scratch) we have come a long way. And we should be proud of our achievements, but as Pakistani's we know that we have lots more work to do as we are reaching for the stars.
well said and agreed!
We have just scratched the surface and need to be performing alot better which in due time, we will. Lets keep the ball rolling and expand! :flame:
Aameen and agreed!

first thing first we need to DEVELOP our GAWADAR PORT and also decrease our handling charges at airports!!!

both these will help increase export & transit through our airports & sea ports!!!

secondly we need to remove red tapes and ensure that our exporters find easy access in order to export there goods!!!

& one more question our exports are 19 billion....ok but what is the figure of our imports??? and 19 billionis peanuts compared to 500 billion figures f other countries!!

Last edited:
Record exports help reduce trade deficit in fiscal year 2010

RECORDER REPORT
ISLAMABAD (July 15 2010): Pakistan exports grew by $19.382 billion during 2009-10, up by 10 percent over $17.688 billion for the same period of last year, according to Federal Bureau of Statistics (FBS). Official figures released by the FBS on Wednesday showed that the exports surpassed the target set for the last year by around one billion dollars. The trade deficit in 2009-10 was $15.32, 10.54 percent less as compared to $17.13 billion over the same period of last year.

A slight 0.32 percent decline was also witnessed in imports which declined to $34.70 billion in 2009-10 from $34.82 billion in 2008-09. Analysis of the data also revealed that for the month of June 2010 the country's exports recorded a 19.54 percent increase. The exports in June 2010 stood at $1.81 billion against $1.52 billion exports for June 2009.

The imports in June 2010 witnessed a decline of 3.45 percent to $3.22 billion as compared to $3.33 billion imports for the same month of last year, June 2009. As a result the trade deficit decreased by 22.69 percent in the month of June 2010 to $1.40 billion.

The analysis of the data of June 2010 over previous month showed an increase of 3.75 percent in exports in June 2010 over May 2010. Exports in June increased to $1.819 billion compared to $1.753 billion for May whereas imports declined by 4.14 percent during the period. The imports have decreased in June 2010 to $3.22 billion compared to $3.363 billion for the month of May 2010. As a result, the trade deficit of $1.404 billion in June was 12.73 percent less compared to $1.609 billion for May 2010.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom