What's new

Pakistan 6th Census -March 15 to May 25, 2017 l News, Update & Discussion

Too early to say anything the census is still on-going.The final figures might be totally different.

ISB population may pass 3 million which will be 4 times more then in 1998. Huge numbers of people with in Pakistan are migrating to cities. I hope rural population decreases proportionally because otherwise things don't look good.

CHAMAN: Census resumed in Killi Luqman and Killi Jahangir on Friday after a decision on the matter was taken at the flag meeting between Afghan and Pakistani authorities on Thursday.

According to security officials, the process shall be completed in three days.

The census teams reached the villages Friday morning.

The decision was taken at a flag meeting – part of a series of other such meetings on the issue that have taken place over the past few weeks.

It was made sure the head of each house was present in the area as most of the affected people were staying at the relief camps set up in Old Chaman.

Census process was halted in Killi Luqman and Killi Jahangir on May 5 when the Afghan Border Police force opened fire and started shelling on the area, affecting and claiming lives of locals. Most of them had moved out of the areas in search of safer spots.

However, Bab-e-Dosti remained closed on the 15th consecutive day.

The Afghan and Pakistani had agreed to maintain a ceasefire till a consensus is reached during one of the flag meetings, the Inter-Services Public Relations said on Wednesday

https://www.geo.tv/latest/142460-census-resumes-in-chaman-border-towns

CHAMAN: The bab-e-dosti on Pak-Afghan border in Chaman remains closed on the fifteenth consecutive day on Friday (today).

Bi-lateral trade and transportation activities including NATO supplies remain suspended after Afghan forces opened fire on Frontier Corps Balochistan soldiers on May 5 claiming at least 11 lives and injuring many others.

Pakistan and Afghanistan agreed to maintain a ceasefire till a consensus is reached during a one-star border flag meeting between representatives of both countries at the Friendship Gate Chaman, the Inter-Services Public Relations said on Wednesday.

During the meeting, Afghan delegation asked the Pakistani troops, deployed within its international border at Killi Jahangir and Killi Luqman, to move out from the area before conducting census survey.

However, the Pakistani delegation maintained that the troops were deployed along the international border on Pakistan side and shall remain there.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/05/19/bab-e-dosti-remains-closed-on-day-15/

This was torkham incident all over again. A cowardly attack. An answer and then their demand for ceasefire after which they say its not happening and we say it's happening and it turns out its happening. They said no gate was being built and we said gate and there is a gate built there. They said no census will happen and we said census will happen and there is a census happening over there. The villages are under our control and they are participating in the census.

Same old rubbish.

@Spring Onion @Icarus @Hell hound @Zibago @Oscar

Ye waqt agaya ha ab nakara afghan army say bhi meeting ho rahi hain :( .
Just bomb thm why dont we use burraq uav ? Khelney k liya bnaya tha?

CHAMAN: The bab-e-dosti on Pak-Afghan border in Chaman remains closed on the fifteenth consecutive day on Friday (today).

Bi-lateral trade and transportation activities including NATO supplies remain suspended after Afghan forces opened fire on Frontier Corps Balochistan soldiers on May 5 claiming at least 11 lives and injuring many others.
as much as i like to see these namak haram suffer and keep the boarder gate close.we can't because of the NATO supplies.they(NATO) will eventually have their way

So 15 days of border closure have finally knocked sense into the rag-tag army's brains.

Population, housing census completed across country: chief statistician
upload_2017-5-24_1-5-7.gif

ISLAMABAD: The process of population and housing census has been completed across the country, the chief statistician said here on Tuesday.

Asif Bajwa said that the census staff had visited around 35 millions houses during the campaign. He said the results of the census would be sent to the government in July.

Bajwa said that counting a population of 20 crore was not an easy task.

Six languages and nine religions were included in the census.

Some initial estimates after census put population at 210-220million, well above 200 million believed to be the case until now.

I expected it to be right around there (205-215).

It will be interesting to see how the populations of the provinces and cities have changed though. I expect major changes.

I expected it to be right around there (205-215).

It will be interesting to see how the populations of the provinces and cities have changed though. I expect major changes.

NFC award, quota system, seats etc Expect census to be very controversial, PPP likely already have made their mind. Because large chunk of Sindh population now will live in urban areas, likely 65%. It will be interesting to see how they demand increased share in NFC and parliament while not redistributing seats in Sindh based on population lol

Some initial estimates after census put population at 210-220million, well above 200 million believed to be the case until now.

its our islamic duty to produce as many kids as possible, here in india everything below 5 kids are not acceptable, pakistan brothers should follow/following same practices as we muslims has same culture and genetics in south asia. I congratulate our pakistani brethren if they already crossed 220 million my expectation was more though, in india we already crossed 300 million, we never let census officials to cross into our area they dont prefer that also.

its our islamic duty to produce as many kids as possible, here in india everything below 5 kids are not acceptable, pakistan brothers should follow/following same practices as we muslims has same culture and genetics in south asia. I congratulate our pakistani brethren if they already crossed 220 million my expectation was more though, in india we already crossed 300 million, we never let census officials to cross into our area they dont prefer that also.

Great going brother. Inshallah with hindus killing more and more girls even before birth.... Your rise is inevitable in few hundred years.

brother look around yourself all we muslims reproduce like rabits this is what our islam and allah demands more followers for our religion, please dont take it personally, but reuniting under flag of islamis only way forward for us south asian muslims, pakistani should forget about their fake pakistani identity pakistan never existed in history its just hindu congress ploy which created pakistan, you should unite with your brethren from south asia under islam.

our islamic brothers from current pakistan and india please decide how reunited india under islam should rule.

@Oscar @waz @Imran Khan @RiazHaq @pakistanipower @showstopper @ashok321 @BlackIndian @Joe Shearer @Dhara @showstopper
Hey I appreciate your enthusiasm. But I hate religion. And I certainly dont want to live under a hindu rashtra or an Islamic one. I am not a Muslim.

Back
Top Bottom