What's new

Pakhtuns convince Ghani to meet Nawaz

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beraderim @Sabawoon_Noorzai, it seem your "Lar brothers" during their consultations on issues of mutual interests accidentally convinced Aqa Ghani to meet Nawaz Sharif sab ;-) ... do enjoy

Article here, excerpts below:

KABUL - Pakistani Pakhtun leaders have succeeded in convincing Afghan President Ashraf Ghani to accept the invitation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to a meeting, an official revealed yesterday.

A source close to the Afghan government revealed Sharif was trying to meet Ghani during an upcoming international conference in Paris, the capital of France.

The official, wishing anonymity, disclosed Ghani had rejected the invitation from Sharif on the sidelines of the Paris conference.

Nawaz is believed to have urged British Prime Minister David Cameron to convince Ghani to meet him, but the Afghan leader had rejected the suggestion.
Consequently, Pakistan sent the Pakhtun leaders to Kabul to reconcile Ghani.

The nationalist leaders visiting Kabul include Awami National Party President Asfandyar Wali Khan, ANP central leader Afrasiab Khattak and some others.

Beraderim @Sabawoon_Noorzai, it seem your "Lar brothers" during their consultations on issues of mutual interests accidentally convinced Aqa Ghani to meet Nawaz Sharif sab ;-) ... do enjoy

Article here, excerpts below:

KABUL - Pakistani Pakhtun leaders have succeeded in convincing Afghan President Ashraf Ghani to accept the invitation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to a meeting, an official revealed yesterday.

A source close to the Afghan government revealed Sharif was trying to meet Ghani during an upcoming international conference in Paris, the capital of France.

The official, wishing anonymity, disclosed Ghani had rejected the invitation from Sharif on the sidelines of the Paris conference.

Nawaz is believed to have urged British Prime Minister David Cameron to convince Ghani to meet him, but the Afghan leader had rejected the suggestion.
Consequently, Pakistan sent the Pakhtun leaders to Kabul to reconcile Ghani.

The nationalist leaders visiting Kabul include Awami National Party President Asfandyar Wali Khan, ANP central leader Afrasiab Khattak and some others.

I thought they were in Kabul to take part in a ceremony which was held for the departed Pakhtoon heavy weight leader Afzal Khan Lala. But that being if Ashraf Ghani meets Nawaz Sharif I don't anything bad with it but the issue is that the real power when it comes to decision making is with Pakistan military and not PM. When the Pakistan military gets serious about destroying the Afghan Tali phenomena that will be the end of it.

/Peace

Atleast Nawaz Sharif seems to follow pragmatic policy by keepting communications open with Ashraf Ghani. While Men in Uniform follow the policies of encoraging Talibans even after 2001 and 2015 events. Some people never learn.

I thought they were in Kabul to take part in a ceremony which was held for the departed Pakhtoon heavy weight leader Afzal Khan Lala. But that being if Ashraf Ghani meets Nawaz Sharif I don't anything bad with it but the issue is that the real power when it comes to decision making is with Pakistan military and not PM. When the Pakistan military gets serious about destroying the Afghan Tali phenomena that will be the end of it.

/Peace

Specially when it comes to relationship with Afghans because our Politicians dont understand the Afghan Chalbazi but our Military is well aware of it.

Atleast Nawaz Sharif seems to follow pragmatic policy by keepting communications open with Ashraf Ghani. While Men in Uniform follow the policies of encoraging Talibans even after 2001 and 2015 events. Some people never learn.
@desertfighter

Agree at least the civilians are trying their bit but you're right the military is still stuck in the 70s, forgetting that the world has changed, the region has changed, Afghanistan changed. The Talis tried their best this year in the battlefield and all they can show is thousands of their soldier dead on the battlefield.

Specially when it comes to relationship with Afghans because our Politicians dont understand the Afghan Chalbazi but our Military is well aware of it.

How is life my friend :) you do realize that putting military in decision making, your practically turning Pakistan into a security state, which is brining yes more Nukes, buying F16s but how big of difference has it made in the life of a common Pakistan is something to think about.

Of course you live in Canada, the military bravado suits you, but the fact still remains that Pakistan is lagging behind in most of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals

Afghan government has no control 10 km outside Kabul and no point in meeting those useless sock puppets.
Pm nawaz can do something better with his time

Agree at least the civilians are trying their bit

While the current Afghan government still employs leaders like Dostum who fought along side the invading Soviets soldiers against the fellow Afghans. These traitors should also have been executed long ago.

Afghanistan changed.

You come across as a very bright, sensible and considered person. If your thinking was dominant on both sides this part of the world wouldf be making progress like Europe.

You are in better position then I so I wonder if you can explain how things have changed in Afghanistan post 2001. Has there been sea change? Is the underlying dynamic changed from the 1990s? Has there been a shift in thinking of the majority? In other words are is on the whole society in a post Taliban phase? Thanks.

Agree at least the civilians are trying their bit but you're right the military is still stuck in the 70s, forgetting that the world has changed, the region has changed, Afghanistan changed. The Talis tried their best this year in the battlefield and all they can show is thousands of their soldier dead on the battlefield.

Stuck in the 70s ? It was the army chief that handed out the olive branch to Ghani after the APS massacre. Nawaz was no where in the picture. It was the army that drove out the Haqqanis from Mir Ali. It was the army that involved the Chinese and American as guarantees and pushed the Taliban for peace talks.

If Afghanistan has really changed then what are the American boots still doing there? The truth is that the ANA is not strong enough to take them on its own. American knows this and that is why during the state visit they pushed us for initiating peace talks once again.

" This year alone, thousands of Afghan troops and police have lost their lives, as have many Afghan civilians. At the same time, Afghan forces are still not as strong as they need to be. They’re developing critical capabilities -- intelligence, logistics, aviation, command and control. And meanwhile, the Taliban has made gains, particularly in rural areas, and can still launch deadly attacks in cities, including Kabul." Obama's statement in November 2015

14 Years After U.S. Invasion, the Taliban Are Back in Control of Large Parts of Afghanistan
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/world/asia/kunduz-afghanistan-taliban.html

taliban-map-1015-720.png

Last edited:
You come across as a very bright, sensible and considered person. If your thinking was dominant on both sides this part of the world wouldf be making progress like Europe.

You are in better position then I so I wonder if you can explain how things have changed in Afghanistan post 2001. Has there been sea change? Is the underlying dynamic changed from the 1990s? Has there been a shift in thinking of the majority? In other words are is on the whole society in a post Taliban phase? Thanks.

Thank you!I have followed your posts and we mostly agree that a pan-region development is the need of the day, backstabbing and thriving alone won't work , we need to thrive as a region.

My point of view about the changed Afghanistan : In summary.

In my opinion most the most important change has been Education, Afghans are most educated now then their entire history, some estimates put literacy rate around 65 percent, up from around 30 a decade or so ago, those millions of kids who were enrolled into schools are now adults and have some sort of education, access to Television, Social media and they understand that there is more to life than killing each other. If you ask them do you want the return of the Taliban or do you want the current government with its all its flaws majority will opt for the later of course.

There is a strong civil society, that is very active and keeps the government accountable, and then of course there is a very vibrant media that criticizes the government for its ills and the government complies.

Furthermore thousands of young Afghans who went abroad and studied there and have returned, they brought not only new skills but also understanding of the dynamics of the world. For instance I studied abroad, with a bachelor from one European country and a Masters from another, I am back to Afghanistan because I see that there is future in this country, and I am as competitive as my peers from the neighboring countries.

These are fundamental changes that have happened in Afghanistan in the last so many years and those supporting the Talis fail to understand that Afghanistan has changed and their money is on the wrong horse.

PS : Of course there are lots of challenges, no doubt about it but I see more positives than negatives.

Stuck in the 70s ? It was the army chief that handed out the olive branch to Ghani after the APS massacre. Nawaz was no where in the picture. It was the army that drove out the Haqqanis from Mir Ali. It was the army that involved the Chinese and American as guarantees and pushed the Taliban for peace talks.

If Afghanistan has really changed then what are the American boots still doing there ? The truth is that the ANA is not strong enough to take them on its own. American knows this and that is why during the state visit they pushed us for initiating peace talks once again

Thank you for your post, I just put few lines on how Afghanistan changed above, hope this helps.

If Afghanistan has really changed then what are the American boots still doing there? The truth is that the ANA is not strong enough to take them on its own. American knows this and that is why during the state visit they pushed us for initiating peace talks once again.

" This year alone, thousands of Afghan troops and police have lost their lives, as have many Afghan civilians. At the same time, Afghan forces are still not as strong as they need to be. They’re developing critical capabilities -- intelligence, logistics, aviation, command and control. And meanwhile, the Taliban has made gains, particularly in rural areas, and can still launch deadly attacks in cities, including Kabul." Obama's statement in November 2015

14 Years After U.S. Invasion, the Taliban Are Back in Control of Large Parts of Afghanistan
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/world/asia/kunduz-afghanistan-taliban.html

taliban-map-1015-720.png

As I pointed out earlier of course there are challenges, no doubt about it. A year ago there were over 100 thousand American and Nato boots on the ground who were doing the main fighting. The ANSF took charge this year and kept the enemy at bay, the Talis, The Haqqanies and of course the ISIS, while most of the American boots are gone. Next year the ANSF will do much better when the Air Support gets better, they will learn from their mistakes.

Compare the ANSF with Iraqi army which had much better equipments and they literally run away from the fight, so considering all the caveats I say the ASNF and Afghanistan has done better, don't you agree ?

How is life my friend :) you do realize that putting military in decision making, your practically turning Pakistan into a security state, which is brining yes more Nukes, buying F16s but how big of difference has it made in the life of a common Pakistan is something to think about.

Of course you live in Canada, the military bravado suits you, but the fact still remains that Pakistan is lagging behind in most of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals

I think Afghanis know more about the life of Ordinary Pakistanis than I do since half of them have lived in Pakistan in some point in their life. In any polls you will see 99% Pakistanis support Military knowing what has happened to most muslim countries with weaker armies, yes they would support Pakistan as a security state.

While the current Afghan government still employs leaders like Dostum who fought along side the invading Soviets soldiers against the fellow Afghans. These traitors should also have been executed long ago.

I am afraid your right, but he is a reality of th
I think Afghanis know more about the life of Ordinary Pakistanis than I do since half of them have lived in Pakistan in some point in their life. In any polls you will see 99% Pakistanis support Military knowing what has happened to most muslim countries with weaker armies, yes they would support Pakistan as a security state.

I think we are not on the same page here, of course your countrymen support your security institutions but what I meant was that level of say they have in the governance and foreign policy. Armies are meant to defend the country, they shouldn't be in the business of formulating foreign policy. Anyways i don't want to troll you, it's your country and you have the right to run it the way you want it.

PS : Would be great if you will share the poll whereby 99 percent of Pakistanis want Pakistan to be a security state. I bet political parties like the PPP, Muslim league, ANP with millions of followers would think otherwise.

/Peace

Wrong move by NS, he should meet the real rulers of Afghanistan, not the ones who's control resides with them in the four boundaries of their palaces

Back
Top Bottom