What's new

Pak woman loses legal fight to stay in India with family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm sitting judges do make mistakes hence the appeal procedures available. And yes, I do hold qualifications in the Indian legal fratenity for your information :D

They lost the case in high court also and hence were venting their anger on lawer.
They should have approached you for reference at least , only if they would have known about you.

They lost the case in high court also and hence were venting their anger on lawer.
They should have approached you for reference at least , only if they would have known about you.

Pity I couldn't help them. Being the filing clerk in my father's law firm in New Delhi whilst I was studying doesn't qualify me to practice law :D

Pity I couldn't help them. Being the filing clerk in my father's law firm in New Delhi whilst I was studying doesn't qualify me to practice law :D

At least you could have refered them to some capable
lawyer.:lol:

Thats one lame a s s statement of the day .. She gave birth to babies who were born in India..So they (kids) should be legally Indian.

what the fcuk you are saying? most ridiculous statement i have ever seen.

Have a iota of Shame . You are insulting your Upbringing by this moronic statement .

LOL ! Relax guys. It was a cheesy line in a weird way. I was actually taking a swipe at the country next door !

It came out completely wrong i suppose. My apologies !

she might have married out of love, I dont think she was going around seeking an Indian to marry. There are others who have succeeded but she might have abused her visa norms.

I didn't say that she went about marrying an Indian but rather simply that she should've thought it through - Now theres little point in crying over the conundrum she finds herself in !

No. There are 2 possible scenarios.
1. Her complete family moves to Pakistan and provided Pakistani citizenship.
2. She stays in India with family and granted Indian citizenship.
Gop and Goi should take up the case and settle it.
Noway they should be separated and if they are it'll be shameful for both of our govts.

Frankly I don't care ! No way would I advocate her entire family moving to Pakistan so if the Indian Government is having some moral pangs grant her Indian citizenship; if not....then not !

good step apna desh apna desh hota hai :)

I agree Imaran....Strange part is why the lady choose an Indian for a bride? She should understand that real life is different than Bollywood movies....When she has married, she should have taken an account of India and Pakistan civilian ususally do not get visa so easily to go to each other countries...I am not feeling sad for the lady as she must have aware about the risk before the marriage rather feeling sad for the kids....

Pakistan should welcome the couple instead..another rising and shining miracle of indian democracy...dividing families..destroying future.

Court will decide based on law and not emotions, however in this case government can intervene and help but they are least concerned about pain of common people. That is the problem, it is not Indians who take decision, but the government ministers and the IAS officers and this falls in their least priority. "Paise nahi milte na ismain".

Sad but true, hope someone help her.

I didn't say that she went about marrying an Indian but rather simply that she should've thought it through - Now theres little point in crying over the conundrum she finds herself in !

Frankly I don't care ! No way would I advocate her entire family moving to Pakistan so if the Indian Government is having some moral pangs grant her Indian citizenship; if not....then not !

See this............

Last edited by a moderator:
Why you guys all riled up at India?

Look I have New Zealand Citizenship as well, so I can live in NZ. I married my wife in India and was smart enough to sort out all her paper work in a few days (It took less then 2 weeks for her to get her correct visa to stay with me as a spouse in NZ) Normally it takes around 3 months. I used a trick to get it done in days(That another story)

Now we could have done it like this Idiot couple in this article.
Plan B:
We could have married and she could have entered NZ as a tourist. Then when her tourist visa expired she continued to stay with me. Then the NZ authorities came a knocking at our door we ignored until she became an over-stayer. Then one fine day we applied for her right to stay and the application was rejected because NZ's do not expect such disregard for their immigration laws. (mean while we popped out some kids (the kids would be auto citizins as one parent is a NZ citizen)
We took it to courts (*unlike India this process in NZ would have taken max 5 years) The courts rejected all our stories and excuses and my wife was yelling(emotional desi) at the NZ judge that she prefers to go back to India rather then spending a few weeks in Jail(light sentence considering most people would jump at the chance to spend some time in Jail in exchange for a citizenship, I would just deport her). Wish granted madam.

A wife cannot stay based on the status of the child as some suggest.
My child has a NZ citizenship and currently we live in Sydney (True my wife got NZ PR but stupidly left NZ to visit India before completing the Citizenship requirements) Now if she decides to divorce me in Australia and I return to NZ she will be staying with a kid that has a Full right to live in Aus as a NZ citizen. However Aus will kick her out despite the status of her Child BECAUSE she is granted a right to live in Aus based on her marriage to a NZ citizen not on the kid that she produced. Otherwise pregnant women would pop out kids all over the world on tourist visas!!!

Thank god I was not as stupid as this couple.

INDIAN LAW IS RIGHT and the COUPLE ARE FOOLS.

I agree Imaran....Strange part is why the lady choose an Indian for a bride? She should understand that real life is different than Bollywood movies....When she has married, she should have taken an account of India and Pakistan civilian ususally do not get visa so easily to go to each other countries...I am not feeling sad for the lady as she must have aware about the risk before the marriage rather feeling sad for the kids....

This issue is only present for poor people, rich aristocrat don't face any issues. 2 such examples.

Vivek Narain - Hindu Indian and Sonya Jehan Rizvi Muslim Pakistani.... no issues, she stays comfortably in Mumbai now for the last 10-15 years and probably an Indian citizen now.

sonya-jehan-may04.JPG

Sania Mirza stays in Lahore now and probably soon will get Pakistan citizenship if she wants.

sania-mirza-Shoaib-Malik-wedding-reception-7.jpg

Court will decide based on law and not emotions, however in this case government can intervene and help but they are least concerned about pain of common people. That is the problem, it is not Indians who take decision, but the government ministers and the IAS officers and this falls in their least priority. "Paise nahi milte na ismain".

Sad but true, hope someone help her.

Sadly only the poor people faces these laws, court issues and stuff.

I dont think she was illigal when she came, and she is married to an India, and got kids. We need to see humanitarian angle to it.
You are banned but a question to you ......................Hope you have heard about the present congress president.............then she too should be deported to Italy..........................

See this............

I'm too lazy to watch it & besides Youtube is banned in Pakistan; whats the point the video is trying to make ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom