What's new

Pak woman loses legal fight to stay in India with family

Status
Not open for further replies.
What nonsense - if you marry an Indian citizen you automatically should receive some kind of documentation to reside in the country. She should ask Sonia Gandhi - she must definitely know the procedure.

The news said her husband claims they have all documents which show that they had applied for extention as well as citizenship but to no avail.

Application for extension of visa proves nothing, it must be granted.

there are many illegals staying in India and they also vote in Indian elections. This is funny that the Indian law is only for Pakistanis and that too Muslims.

Most illegal residents would probably be Muslims from BD but the wider point is that they operate clandestinely as Indian citizens. In this case, foreign antecedents of this person was clear, hence the legal situation.

Don't misconstrue my position, I would normally have been in favour of granting a residency permit/citizenship to people who have family here but this case wound up in the legal system & the result would be no different whatever the nationality of the person.

Vasantha says her daughter went to Pakistan to get married without informing her family because she feared reprisals by Hindu fundamentalists in India.

Good Lord, her parents sent her to Ukraine to study medicine, and the next thing they know is that she has embraced Islam, and is living in Mardan, NWFP, married to a Pakistani who abandoned his studies. All I can say is that may everybody involved be happy.

Good Lord, her parents sent her to Ukraine to study medicine, and the next thing they know is that she has embraced Islam, and is living in Mardan, NWFP, married to a Pakistani who abandoned his studies. All I can say is that may everybody involved be happy.

I have faint recollection of this incident. Her parents sent her to Ukraine by mortgaging their house in the hopes of seeing their daughter as a doctor. Love is blind but in this case its selfishly blind.

Hafsa (Divya Dayanandan from Kerala, India) gets Pakistani citizenship

By B. Muralidhar Reddy

ISLAMABAD, SEPT. 24. Pakistan today granted citizenship to an Indian woman doctor married to a Pakistani.

Amman Khan, a Pakistani national and Dr. Hafsa fell in love in 1995 while studying medicine in Ukraine. They got married on July 16, 2003 in Karachi, after she embraced Islam. On August 3 last, she gave birth to a baby boy.

Dr. Hafsa, earlier known as Divya Dayanandan from Kerala, was ordered to leave Pakistan after the Government refused to extend her visa.

Mr. Aman Khan moved the Peshawar High Court seeking a stay against the deportation of his wife. The court granted stay for two months until September 19. The Interior Ministry also extended the stay permit for two months.

The Hindu : International / India & World : Hafsa gets Pakistani citizenship

Here is a little history

'I fear for my daughter's life in Pakistan'

The hopes of an Indian doctor, who fell in love with a Pakistani and married him, now hinge on a little baby boy she delivered on August 3.

Dr Divya Dayanandan hopes the Pakistan government will grant her citizenship because she has given birth to her first child in Pakistan.

Divya, who hails from Kerala's Kayamkulam town, is the only daughter of Dayanandan and Vasantha. She fell in love with her classmate Aman Khan when they were studying medicine at the Lovo Medical School in Ukraine.

Khan abandoned his studies midway and returned to Pakistan, but their love grew over telephone calls.

Soon after getting her degree, Divya headed to Pakistan and married Khan in August 2003. She changed her name to Hafsa and converted to Islam and settled down with Khan in Mardan in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province.

But marital bliss didn't last too long. Divya's application for Pakistani citizenship was rejected by the interior ministry and she was ordered to leave the country.

Khan challenged the order in the high court in the northwestern city of Peshawar and secured a stay. The case is expected to come up for hearing in coming weeks.

But their troubles are not restricted to an insensitive interior ministry. The couple also fear attacks from religious extremists given the state of Indo-Pak relations.

NWFP is one the most conservative provinces in Pakistan.

'I am deeply concerned why the Pakistan government has not granted citizenship to my wife even though it was granted routinely in the past. The law says the spouse of a Pakistani citizen is entitled to citizenship. Now I am told that living in Pakistan is very dangerous since I married a Hindu girl,' newspapers have quoted Khan as saying.

Back in India, Divya's mother is worried.

"I pray every day so that my daughter and her child come to Kerala with her husband. This is a better place to settle down for my daughter and son-in-law," Vasantha Dayanandan told rediff.com

Vasantha says her daughter went to Pakistan to get married without informing her family because she feared reprisals by Hindu fundamentalists in India.

"I am now eager to see my grandson. I talk to my daughter over the telephone often. I am sure nobody here [in India] will have any problems because my daughter married a Pakistani. I fear for her life if she stays in Pakistan," Vasantha said.

Vasantha has sent a request to External Affairs Minister K Natwar Singh to take up her daughter's plight with the Pakistani government.

She has also approached local MP C S Sujatha, requesting her to meet Singh. "I wish my daughter returns and settles down here. I plead with her every day," says Vasantha.

And here are they happily married

newsbag_aman_hafsa_20040726.jpg

LOL ....she married a loser who did not even finish graduation to become a muslim pakistani ? ....she deserves the hell she's been sent too ..........:lol: I wold love to hear from her again in 15 years :angel: She would be begging and pleading for her kid to grow up in India :laughcry:

The news said her husband claims they have all documents which show that they had applied for extention as well as citizenship but to no avail.

there are many illegals staying in India and they also vote in Indian elections. This is funny that the Indian law is only for Pakistanis and that too Muslims.

I don't know what part of "there are literally hundreds of pakistani women married to Indian nationals across India, and that too Muslims" you did not understand. Please keep your religious insecurities to yourself.

nobody in Pakistan wants this ****** since she is been tainted by a HINDUstani! She should stay in Bharat for all we care

LOL ....she married a loser who did not even finish graduation to become a muslim pakistani ? ....she deserves the hell she's been sent too ..........:lol: I wold love to hear from her again in 15 years : She would be begging and pleading for her kid to grow up in India :laughcry:

i dont know how many losers are there BUT the Indian star plus is advocating educated women to marry uneducated losers.

as far as this boy, she has a good family well off and he is fine enough that an Indian lady married him and stood behind him and his family also cared for this lady and protected her all the way.

You can keep your bharati assumptions to yourself because its already been 10 years and she is happy there

nobody in Pakistan wants this ****** since she is been tainted by a HINDUstani! She should stay in Bharat for all we care

do u even know how u sound???? " Tainted by a HINDUSTANI" is this how u refer to other women in India??? Get a life bro..learn to respect women..oh wait i forgot, she is tainted by a hindustani so NO ONE CARES............RI8....

do u even know how u sound???? " Tainted by a HINDUSTANI" is this how u refer to other women in India??? Get a life bro..learn to respect women..oh wait i forgot, she is tainted by a hindustani so NO ONE CARES............RI8....

Same for Indian poster who said

LOL ....she married a loser who did not even finish graduation to become a muslim pakistani ? ....she deserves the hell she's been sent too ..........:lol: I wold love to hear from her again in 15 years : She would be begging and pleading for her kid to grow up in India :

Pakistan should welcome the couple instead..another rising and shining miracle of indian democracy...dividing families..destroying future.

respect the laws of the country you visit...she has broken the law by over staying her visa period...all countries in the world never allow any visa violators to be granted citizenship...this has nothing to do with democracy...pls refrain from criticizing everything and all things that are Indian...I guess this has been ingrained in you people's psyche and we cannot help it for that.....

Screw them to. Pakistan does not need these sluts in the country. they can happly live in Hindustan

Pakistani marrying an Indian becomes a slut for Pakistanis like you and Indian marrying a Pakistani becomes a slut for some Indians.

Indeed a sorry state of affairs.

Many people from both sides have relatives across the border on both sides. Blood and nuptual ties do not make them sluts or anything.

what does a male slut called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom