What's new

Pak will hopefully avoid becoming next US military target: James Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not survival, its the damage that has been caused to Af in this war. And this war was never conventionally fought. You think Pakistani's F-16's can counter American F-16 let alone F-22.

and what about source code lol:rofl:

it may not reach their...

We are making missiles with ranges of about 4000-8500 km... this can strike any US base in Muslim World and also can Strike Israel, that will cause the same damage as if US is attacked..

so you want nuke saudi arabia, turkey, afghanistan, iraq, uae, uzbekistan, kyrgyzstan, oman, kuwait??? usa has missile defense there but what will you do if usa attacks?

Afghanistan survived after a 9 year war with America and Afghanistan doesnt even have an Air Force.

If Afghanistan can survive so can Pakistan.

afghanistan is almost destroyed. having an air force in front of usaf and usn does not make any chance.

I don't think the US will go for an all out war with Pakistan. But I do think a limited war in the tribal areas of Pakistan is possible.

I don't think the US will go for an all out war with Pakistan. But I do think a limited war in the tribal areas of Pakistan is possible.

nato is bombing pakistani tribal areas for years. :whistle: the number of attacks are increasing every year.

PAKISTAN :pakistan::pakistan:

xin_3211031707560211742074.jpg

Shaheen_II_missile_Pakistan_22112006_news_002.jpg

http://www.mda.mil/system/system.html

The Missile Defense Agency - U.S. Department of Defense

800px-Blue_Marlin_transporting_sea-based_X-band_radar.jpg

missile-defense-architecture.jpg

norad-control-center.jpg

Last edited:
nato is bombing pakistani tribal areas for years. :whistle: the number of attacks are increasing every year.

I meant US crossing the border and fighting them. Not the covert Drone attacks. Only fear is pushing those tribal fighters further inside. US could persuade the Pak military to participate in the operation too.

Actually truth is no matter what happens US and Pakistan are not gonna fight all these games are just for the mid-term elections.
Its Indian mentality who believe that someday world powers will attack Pakistan.:D Indians talked about Surgical strikes and we are still waiting for that opportunity to bomb Indians to stone age.:partay:

I see that alot of haters and trolls are calling this thread there resting place ... time to clean out the trash mods..

Actually truth is no matter what happens US and Pakistan are not gonna fight all these games are just for the mid-term elections.
Its Indian mentality who believe that someday world powers will attack Pakistan.:D Indians talked about Surgical strikes and we are still waiting for that opportunity to bomb Indians to stone age.:partay:

Not me! Don't just check my flag and come to conclusions. If the US is carrying out drone attacks against the tribal areas with Pakistani intelligence support, Why cannot there be a limited war with the militants with US and Pakistani co-op? I am sure it will end the WOT faster than this unending drama of covert war.

Again, I am not sitting here dreaming of destruction of Pakistan. I just reflected the news the media has been feeding us.

Pak will hopefully avoid becoming next US military target: James JonesSun, Oct 10 12:35 PM

Washington, Oct 10 (ANI): Pakistan will "hopefully avoid" the 'unfortunate eventuality' of becoming the next US military target, US National Security Adviser James Jones has stated.

In an interview to Spiegel Online, Jones said that the US had been "working very closely with the Pakistani government for a long time now. In some cases the Pakistanis have responded quite well," but they needed to do much more in fight against terrorism.

"...There has been a very steady message that Pakistan needs to do more to stem terrorism, especially when they know where it is and when officials have information about what the terrorists are doing," the outgoing advisor noted.

"If the Pakistanis are going to be a partner in the long term, they have to make a commitment that shows the watching world that they are serious about forms of terrorism," he added.

When asked whether there was a possibility that Pakistan could become the next military target of the US if its cooperation with the Pakistani army failed, Jones replied, "I am going to take the optimistic view that rational people do rational things and that- with the help of friends and allies and common goals- Pakistan will avoid, or hopefully avoid, that unfortunate eventuality. But hope is not a strategy, so we have to be cognizant of the fact that there are things, which could happen, that could alter the relationship if we are not careful."

Talking about the NATO forces, he said that contrary to the impression, NATO had not failed as an effective alliance in Afghanistan. "The soldiers are doing a lot and the final chapter hasn't been written yet. We should wait and see how the transition period works out," he added.

On giving up military bases in Afghanistan and pulling out, Jones said the US had "every intention" of honouring its long-term commitment in Afghanistan and Pakistan. "We want the Afghans to assume eventual responsibility, but it does include long-term economic programs, long-term stability programs and long-term governance programs," he added

Where is the reference link for this post any Newspapers or online site's reference.............please don't give reference of some Indian sites or news channels.

Where is the reference link for this post any Newspapers or online site's reference.............please don't give reference of some Indian sites or news channels.

dont see fish market source ANI :mod:

:no: not a possibility

If US accuses there are some rouge ISI agents supporting resistance against NATO forces in Afghanistan, while still keeping the supply lines rolling, allowing Blackwater to freely operate in Pakistan, allowing 3000+ CIA-trained Afghan assassins to operate in Pakistan, sharing intelligence with CIA for drone strikes & keeping their military bases in Afghanistan-Pakistan safe from harm, imagine the state of horror their 100,000? troops in Afghanistan and military bases in Pakistan will be if US decides to lead a full-out war on all of Pakistan...

1. All supply lines will be shut
2. No intelligence sharing (duh)
3. Active resistance & sabotage in both Afghanistan & Pakistan

Basically making all the troops sitting in Afghanistan sitting ducks. Of course they could pull them all out to save their lives, making a permanent exit from Afghanistan a direct necessity as a result of fighting a war with Pakistan. Of course, Pakistan will be forced to get closer to Russia which might be more than keen enough to covertly support & get its revenge for its past loss in Afghanistan. :D

The fact that James Jones was shown the door by Obama due to his ways of aggressively promoting his stance and not the American governments abroad hasnt factored into the minds of a few members. Posting cynical posts.. or illogical replies to those posts has.
For the United States to attack Pakistan is akin to the allies attacking Kuwait and Saudi Arabia during the Gulf war. Its not a smart move in case you want to keep your troops alive.
Something the recent blockade of supplies demonstrated... ISAF was on its knees in a week. Unless the US finds another more economical way to transport the huge volume of supplies it receives for its forces in Afghanistan. Pakistan is safe from any major action... Last I heard Iran hates them.. The link via Uzbekistan is not capable of supporting such a large volume.. and the supplies have to be dropped at a Russian controlled port...and the Russian will fleece them for tonnage.
The Drones fly in since you let them.. they are picked up by our AD network day in day out... and we let them do their deed.. since in the past they took out major leadership of the TTP for us as well.
And oh yeah.. did anyone not notice the American Choppers flying all over the place delivering aid for flood victims. You dont send hundreds of Men and machines for aid in a country you intend to attack openly...doesnt bode well for the health of your people inside.

The only reasonable response .. Thanks ..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom