What's new

Pak wants 50 Indian engines, Rlys says no

lilaspr

Reaction score
Its not related to Defence but just wanted opinion from members. Why India has hesitation in it?

Pak wants 50 Indian engines, Rlys says no

Rail diplomacy between India and Pakistan seems to be going offtrack. The Indian Railways remains cool to Pakistan’s proposal to take 50 train engines on lease from India. “Domestic demand remains high. Any commitment to Pakistan at this stage would mean a compromise on domestic
requirement,” said Rajeev Mehrotra, managing director of Rail India Technical and Economic Services, which supervises overseas operations.

According to news reports from Islamabad, Pakistan has decided to lease 50 railway engines from India to restart defunct services. The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by its railway minister, Ghulam Ahmed Bilour, last month, Urdu daily Jang reported. Bilour reportedly said Pakistan needs 200-300 locomotives.

Over 300 of Pakistan Railways’ 500 locomotives are out of order, leading to a loss of Rs 25 billion a year, authorities said.

In India, railway officials are not in favour of the deal with Pakistan, for the “corporate risk” it entails. “Relations with Pakistan being what they are, there will always remain the apprehension that India will not get its money back,” a railway ministry official said.

The officials also said they had received no official communication on the proposal while external affairs ministry officials said they had “no idea”.

The Indian Railways has 4,214 electric and 6,000 diesel engines. Two hundred engines roll out of each of its two public sector manufacturing units every year. It is massively short of its Vision 2020 target of 1,200 engines annually.

But despite this, tenders for the supply of engines to Bangladesh and Myanmar are currently being processed.

Madam Lila, you seem to be a cute lady :smitten:

Now tell me why would anyone want to cater milk to a snake, so that the snake comes back one day to bite the feeding hands? And this is answer to your query.

In an event of war, pakistan army cannot bring its logistics in the war zone due to its logistical inferiority viz-a-viz railways. Why would India lose out this startegic advantage? Besides you dont know pakistanis and their mentality and inflated ego.

They will happily travel 2000 miles on back of a camel rather than travelling by Kuffar evil Indian railway engine. Also some radical mullahs will issue fatwa against tarvelling on Indian trains. Some will see it as a conspiracy by RAW-Mossad-CIA nexus to humiliate pakitan and having other nefarious motives.

In commercial aspects, pakistan is a defaulter of all the loans it has taken. It takes more loan to pay old loans, who will give free stuffs to a unthanful and hostile neighbour, who is ready to use nuclear weapons at slightest of provocation.

Too many reasons, I tell you. :lol:

Don't think that is Lila.

Anyway maybe India prefer to sell the engines to Pakistan, rather then leasing it? Also as the article shows India is not meeting its capacity to produce rail engines, maybe they are holding it back for their own needs?

Captain Lila...Just for you....I am ready to donate my Car's engine if that can make any difference...you are so pretty if your profile pic depicts you :-)

Two hundred engines roll out of each of its two public sector manufacturing units every year. It is massively short of its Vision 2020 target of 1,200 engines annually.
Seriousy ? thats funny...

Now tell me why would anyone want to cater milk to a snake, so that the snake comes back one day to bite the feeding hands? And this is answer to your query.

In an event of war, pakistan army cannot bring its logistics in the war zone due to its logistical inferiority viz-a-viz railways. Why would India lose out this startegic advantage? Besides you dont know pakistanis and their mentality and inflated ego.
You are right to some extent as their is a flip side to this also. They always got China, if we will not lease them these locomotive tomorrow China might even open an engine manufacturing faility there in Pakistan and might even extend help to develop railway network across the whole India-Pak border. If we lease them atleast we will earn some goodwill and Pak will start to depend on India.

Captain Lila...Just for you....I am ready to donate my Car's engine if that can make any difference...you are so pretty if your profile pic depicts you :-)

Mad weirdd...

But yeah, India can't lease 50 engines, especially if its only rolling out 200 a year, and trying to meet a goal requirment of 1,200 annually.

Previously, I thought India should but going by their total lack of skill (read how they handled Chinese engines) and also their track record of paying back loans it would be suicidal. All they will do is pass the blame on some one else, in this case the Indian made engines and just call them bad quality. I hope we stay far away from this deal.

Madam Lila, you seem to be a cute lady :smitten:

They will happily travel 2000 miles on back of a camel rather than travelling by Kuffar evil Indian railway engine. Also some radical mullahs will issue fatwa against tarvelling on Indian trains. Some will see it as a conspiracy by RAW-Mossad-CIA nexus to humiliate pakitan and having other nefarious motives.

In commercial aspects, pakistan is a defaulter of all the loans it has taken. It takes more loan to pay old loans, who will give free stuffs to a unthanful and hostile neighbour, who is ready to use nuclear weapons at slightest of provocation.

Too many reasons, I tell you. :lol:

Here comes the perverted troll with his bs posts...

Thanks for no engines... we will buy 50 more frm GE where we r buying hundreds from them... 50 more wont make a big difference.

Pathetic troll.

Here comes the perverted troll with his bs posts...

Thanks for no engines... we will buy 50 more frm GE where we r buying hundreds from them... 50 more wont make a big difference.

Pathetic troll.

I'm wondering if China has what Pakistan need? we will gladly to compete and take away India's customers:lol:

Back
Top Bottom