What's new

Pak trial of terror suspects should match that of India: Saudi media

And what India is, we all know. Were the 60,000+ alone in Kashmir and counting getting free and fair trials before they are sent to their graves ??

Should i get more from rest of India.

As told, do not troll and derail the thread, keep to the topic.

And as per making of fun of judicial system, that I am not, what I was pointing out was that from day one everything was clear, the pictures, the video and his grabbing by the Police guys was enough to tell who was guilty, the 2 year drama was not required, or the 600 witnesses, as there was sufficient proof there, so what i said was the trial should have been over within 1 month at the most, not 2 years for such a clear cut case.

166 people were killed. Mothers, daughters, sisters, fathers, sons.... justice should not only be fair but also visible. It is important to involve the victims in the judicial process otherwise there is no closure which will in turn move people away from the faith in judiciary.

Secondly, everybody has the right to a fair trial. That is the difference between our judicial systems (i said our) and the Taliban sort of quick justice. Which one do you prefer.

No judicial process is a drama, we know a lot of policitians are corrupt but use the loopholes in the law and continue enjoying. so what should we do, shoot them? The idea is to protect that one innocent person and giving him a fair trial. In the process it is indeed a reality that several criminals enjoy respite. But I would rather let it happen to ensure that 1 innocent person to get a fair trial instead of promoting some sort of vigilante justice.

On top of it, Kasab was only the instrument. The real intention was to get to the triggers and the planners in Pakistan. The judicial process has ensured that GoI can now send the findings of the court implicating the handlers in Pakistan to your government and judiciary for their reference. Over recent past, there is an increased recognition in Pakistan against letting terrorists work scot free and that should be utilised by India. This will be a sign that India is showing trust in Pakistan.

Kasab can not lead to a conviction of Hafiz Saeed or other top guys of LeT. So even if he dies or lives, there would be no change until and unless some smoking gun is revealed which leads to their conviction. The top cadre can easily say, these guys did the whole stuff on their own and they had no role to play into 26/11.

And Pakistan had repeatedly asked the Indians to give proof to convict Saeed, but the proof from the boat can not and is not sufficient to convict Saeed and gang. A box of matchstick, a tetra pack of Milk Pack, a mobile card or other stuff, does not involves Saeed into this case, something more solid is needed.

Hope you understand the difference.

Ahem:

Pakistan requests India to hand over Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving gunman of 2008 Mumbai attacks. It has asked for Kasab to complete trial of seven suspects linked to the assault. Pakistan also asks for the handing over of Indian national, Fahim Ansari, who helped the attackers.

Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has also said that Kasab is required to appear in Rawalpindi.

Besides, Pakistan handed over six dossiers on its own investigation into Mumbai attacks to India.

Pakistan is holding seven suspects linked to November 26 attack. It includes alleged mastermind of the operation, Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and LeT operative Zarar Shah.

Both India and Washington have blamed the Mumbai attack on LeT.

Pakistan implies that seven suspects' trial cannot proceed unless Kasab, who was convicted after a year-long trial, is handed over as a witness.

Kasab is one of the 10 gunmen who went on the three-day rampage through Mumbai. Prosecutors have asked for the death penalty. The other nine gunmen were killed by Indian security forces.

Pakistan Wants Ajmal Kasab, The Surviving Mumbai Attacker, To Be Handed Over By India

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/pakistan-wants-ajmal-kasab-arrested-17663.php

So is Pakistani Government wasting time making such statements and demands.

Hope you know that its not only about Sayeed...there are others involved too.......

Hi
Pakistan's trial of any terror suspects happen to be a Pakistani internal matter, so some one should tell Saudis to butt out!

The implications are cross international borders my friend. This will be a test of your judiciary and the whole world will be watching with keeness the will of the people of Pakistan to deny the terrorists any space in their society and country to commit crimes against humans anywhere in the world.

Ahem:

Pakistan Wants Ajmal Kasab, The Surviving Mumbai Attacker, To Be Handed Over By India

Pakistan wants Ajmal Kasab arrested

So is Pakistani Government wasting time making such statements and demands.

Hope you know that its not only about Sayeed...there are others involved too.......

Yeah I know, but as said he will not be useful in convicting Saeed and top cadre, but the lower ones, hopefully yes. India's main demand was for Saeed, which may not be realized with just Kasab. Even if the lower guys get the conviction, they will accept the responsibility and say it was their idea and plan without knowledge of the higher ups.

Yeah I know, but as said he will not be useful in convicting Saeed and top cadre, but the lower ones, hopefully yes. India's main demand was for Saeed, which may not be realized with just Kasab. Even if the lower guys get the conviction, they will accept the responsibility and say it was their idea and plan without knowledge of the higher ups.

Do you see this happening?

Wow, Saudi the root of all ill in our society, a country which sponsors the madrassa's and bankrolls them is commenting on this. This is just amazing, i guess money talk BS walks.

I feel ashamed of the Saudi fan boys we have in Pakistan, they caused all this to flourish in the poor neighbourhoods of muslim countries and no one has taken acion against them.

I have said time and time again, Saudi Arabia is the root of problems and they further their agenda through their oil money. India can have them, they are your allies now.

If India could really have its way with its wish, I am sure that India's best ally can only be Pakistan.

The change in the attitude and approach of Saudis is not something that happended overnight. The reality of waging a remote controlled war has sunk in finally and hence the retractions from the previous thinking. This is welcome. Look at it this way, this also eases pressure on Pakistan in taking the right decisions (denying the terrorists any space in the country). Pakistanis look up to Saudi closesly and hence it can be a shot in the arm for the current government which is trying to eliminate this menace.

Finally, whatever Pakistani's may identify with, the reality is that Indians are their closest kins and that cannot be changed by anything. Blood is thicker than oil my friend.

And by the way the Arab News is not an official newspaper of the Saudi Govt, so no need to rejoice that this is official Saudi govt position, and nor can Saudi Arabia do anything in this regard.

But yeah if Indians want to have good night dreams of thinking they did a magic on Saudis, well then keep dreaming, nothing bad in dreaming.

In Saudi the rulers sleep with their eyes open. There is no way something that they do not concur with is getting in the newspapers. The censorship in Middle East is world renowned. So yours this one is a wasted argument.

Do you see this happening?

It will, as these jihadis will do anything.

Didn't you saw how Kasab said something on day and then something else another day.

These are die hards, who damn care about themselves.

If they can bring India and Pakistan to the brink of war, without thinking about the millions of lives that may be lost, what will stop them to accept responsibility and let their top cadre slip away.

Didn't you saw how Kasab said something on day and then something else another day.

If they can bring India and Pakistan to the brink of war, without thinking about the millions of lives that may be lost, what will stop them to accept responsibility and let their top cadre slip away.

See...you just countered your own statement some posts ago...where you yourself said what took India two years to convict Kasabh.......

Kasab can not lead to a conviction of Hafiz Saeed or other top guys of LeT. So even if he dies or lives, there would be no change until and unless some smoking gun is revealed which leads to their conviction. The top cadre can easily say, these guys did the whole stuff on their own and they had no role to play into 26/11.

And Pakistan had repeatedly asked the Indians to give proof to convict Saeed, but the proof from the boat can not and is not sufficient to convict Saeed and gang. A box of matchstick, a tetra pack of Milk Pack, a mobile card or other stuff, does not involves Saeed into this case, something more solid is needed.

Hope you understand the difference.

That is exactly where your judiciary and government will be tested and also is the context of the editorial in the original newspaper article. it just means that Saudi Arabia has joined the countries keenly watching how justice unfoldes in Pakistan for the perpetrators on the Mumbai carnage.

In Saudi the rulers sleep with their eyes open. There is no way something that they do not concur with is getting in the newspapers. The censorship in Middle East is world renowned. So yours this one is a wasted argument.

There is nothing to censor in this news, all the news said was the the trial happened and it was fair and clear, which everyone accepts too, and that Pakistan should also do such trial, but problem is if there is no proof, material, then wht kind of trial to be done ??

In Kasab case, there are witnesses and videos and other stuff, but in Saeed's case, what is there.

So the wasted arguments is yours and other Indians, who are thinking of this as some saudi coup against Pakistan, which it is not, as its everyones demand for a free and fair trial, and we did went to the court but as said based on few matchsticks, milk pack empty tetra pack and other stuff, he can't be convicted and Saeed went free.

If India could really have its way with its wish, I am sure that India's best ally can only be Pakistan.

The change in the attitude and approach of Saudis is not something that happended overnight. The reality of waging a remote controlled war has sunk in finally and hence the retractions from the previous thinking. This is welcome. Look at it this way, this also eases pressure on Pakistan in taking the right decisions (denying the terrorists any space in the country). Pakistanis look up to Saudi closesly and hence it can be a shot in the arm for the current government which is trying to eliminate this menace.

Finally, whatever Pakistani's may identify with, the reality is that Indians are their closest kins and that cannot be changed by anything. Blood is thicker than oil my friend.

You touched upon the core of the real issue, most of these countries are with some one becuase of similar interest, but the way we are, we consider a handshake as the start of some sort of life long friendship.

US used us against the soviets, Saudi did the same and many other countries who then dissapeared to leave us with the whole mess. Indians, Afghanis and Iranis are our closest kins as evident from similarities and our cultural ties. However the divide and rule policy has kept us apart for a long time becuase together it will be a different story.

Perhaps Saudi should dismantle the number of organisations that under the guise of charities are spreading the seeds of violence.

I am happy becuase of this, apart from humiliation in the beggining, the real people who are in the majority will react tp this. This nonsense has to stop and when everyone points the finger at you, you have to sort out yourself.

I am hoping that this strenghtens our fight against the terrorists and their sponsors.

Above are exactly the reasons why justice should now prevail in your country also. Lines need to be drawn finally. Pakistan has all the right enocouragement from its allies also now.

See...you just countered your own statement some posts ago...where you yourself said what took India two years to convict Kasabh.......

Sir, in Kasab case there were hundred of witnesses, video footage, pictures, his bullet wound from Indian security forces, the police guys who grabbed him, but what is there in Saeed's case to convict him about.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom