What's new

Pak shouldn't seek nuke deal with US, says Burns

Why not maintain parity with India on economic front, education front, why only nukes?

India have 19 times more FOREX than Pakistan, what are you gonna do about this, may I know?
Yes and how can we maintain parity in economy when there is no electricity to run Industry????????
Schools, offices etc are closed twice a week to conserve energy.
How can people do business when all the shops are coercively closed by the government at 8 P.M?
I hope you got your answers!
And most importantly don't confuse Nukes with Nuclear energy........... Jeeze

Last edited:
Or Bangladesh, who is doing better than Pakistan lately.....

Bangladesh is above u in human development,planning and reduction of malnourishment,and poverty and Pakistan is above bengladesh in almost all aspects expect terrorism.

Knowledge is light.

Former Under Secretary of State in the Bush Administration, Nicholas Burns has rubbished Pakistan's request for a civilian nuclear deal similar to India's saying," The AQ Khan network was the mother of all nuclear technology proliferators and Islamabad had some chutzpah to even make such a request."

Burns, co -chair of the project by the Center for a New American Security that rolled out a report titled 'Natural Allies: A Blueprint for the Future of US-India Relations', said, "It is no secret that the Pakistan government and the senior Pakistani government officials in town (for the US-Pakistan Strategic Dialogue) have been complaining that the Bush administration and now the Obama administration have not accorded the same opportunities to Pakistan of a civil nuclear agreement as we did with India."

21aziz1.jpg

Burns, now a professor at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government where he teaches the practice of diplomacy and international politics, noted, "It's no secret why the Bush administration did not offer Islamabad a similar deal."

"Pakistan is a leading source--a leading contributor--in the past through the A Q Khan network of proliferation of nuclear materials in the world and India has been a responsible steward of nuclear materials," he said.

Thus, he argued that "we cannot think that these countries can be treated identically and we really have to separate our interests short and long-term."

21aziz2.jpg

Pakistan's concerns about India in Afghanistan are exaggerated

Burns also dismissed the whining over India's involvement in Afghanistan as a threat to Pakistan's interests and asserted, "Pakistan's concerns about India's presence in Afghanistan have been grossly exaggerated."

"I see an India that is acting in infrastructure, in development and political support for the Karzai government," he said, and while acknowledging that "obviously, India has to be sensitive to the fact that Pakistan lives next door and has vital interests in Afghanistan," argued that "the problem I have with the government in Islamabad is it's not credible in asserting that somehow India is a threat to Pakistan's vital national interests."

Burns said, "I don't see that, I don't accept it, I never did and I probably never will."

21aziz3.jpg

Pakistan is a nuke proliferator, says Nicholas Burns - Rediff.com News

Are these words yours??
Or are they orignal??
What so ever,
They are very rude! :\

Ecomonically we cant maintain parity coz of population! 150 million vs 1.1 billion indians?
Try reduction of poverty?
15-17% vs 60% poor under poverty like and 60% of ur middle class tht is slighty above poverty line?
Education.... we are almost on the same level.
Human index?
etc

India has 19 times more forex as well as Loans!?

Ur rant again is not justified coz of ur population and size?

Also stop hidding behind flags of other countries... have some courage and display indian flags unless ur ashamed to be one!

I never know that Pakistan has 15% of proverty than Pakistan should be a developed nation and also rich and why pakistan is going for SOS every time if your country is so rich..

I never know that Pakistan has 15% of proverty than Pakistan should be a developed nation and also rich and why pakistan is going for SOS every time if your country is so rich..

PAkistan is many times better then india thats why Great Indians like you always compare ur self with Pakistan.

if pakistan is not batter then why are you so afraid of us

Yes and how can we maintain parity in economy when there is no electricity to run Industry????????
Schools, offices etc are closed twice a week to conserve energy.
How can people do business when all the shops are coercively closed by the government at 8 P.M?
I hope you got your answers!
And most importantly don't confuse Nukes with Nuclear energy........... Jeeze

why don't your government try to built some dam on your river....

PAkistan is many times better then india thats why Great Indians like you always compare ur self with Pakistan.

Sir.. No Indian compares him/her self to Pakistanis.

I have a very valid reason for your second question, but am afraid that the answer will get me thrown out.

After all successful war including 1971 and kargil. And then India's huge military power supported by India's huge economy...Do you really think we are afraid of Pakistan..
And yes there is no comparison between India and Pakistan today..

Sir.. No Indian compares him/her self to Pakistanis.

I have a very valid reason for your second question, but am afraid that the answer will get me thrown out.

write it down , I give you my words that we are not indians and we are not insecure small hearted people.
if some one ban u , I will fight ur case.

After all successful war including 1971 and kargil. And then India's huge military power supported by India's huge economy...Do you really think we are afraid of Pakistan..
And yes there is no comparison between India and Pakistan today..

I dont know india is afraid of pakistan or not
but literature comming out of india and bollywood movies give impression that india is Sh it scared of us

write it down , I give you my words that we are not indians and we are not insecure small hearted people.
if some one ban u , I will fight ur case.

If we write anything against Pakistan we are either get ban or suspended..wright so its pakistani forum..

Pakistanis - please answer me one question.

Why is it that you constantly seek parity with India and expect to be treated the same way? How come you don't seek parity with China (similar size to India etc.) or with Russia or with Saudi Arabia?

Kindly attempt to answer this question honestly.

Thats what I have been saying all along. Look at the UK it smaller than Pakistan and Pakistan has more resources. Pakistani goals have to be set higher. Plus the US is not going to offer Pakistan anything useful Pakistan should look elsewhere Russia has just extended a hand, France has always been available... plus we still have AQ Khan he is still alive why not make an indigenous plant via the help of AQ Khan.

Only 15 day!!

15 days is the time needed to cripple NATO in afghanistan without supplies tht come frm Pakistan, use Pak sea ports,and high ways!

We are fighting a war USA started! we sacrifised 30000 lives and 3000 soldiers! 50-60 billion$$ worth infra structure and crippled our booming economy!
We arrested Mr A.Q Khan and charged him..... we arrested several TOP ALQAEDA leaders! while usa is negotiating with taliban these days?

And even then if it can do justice and stop discriminatry policies..... then she can go and f*** herself.....
Stop her supplies, support the afghan taliban,realease all fighters frm prison and r..pe her like USSR.

And i bet many countries like china,iran,syria,cuba,russia etc will love to support this cause.

Come on...your opinion is really one sided and you know it. Pakistan cannot cripple the NATO. If NATO soldiers go hungry so will Pakistan. You can obstruct their supply like you did recently but you cannot stop it. What makes you think China, Russia would support Pakistan? What will they earn from it? Why would they do it? With regards Cuba...what can they do? And as far I know Iran and Syria will not support the Taliben. According to you, if Pakistan stops NATO supplies WW3 will begin.

Also you make it sound that Pakistan has not gained anything from the war. Yes Pakistan has lost more than it has gained. It has lost a lot of human resources but has gained a lot of monetary gains. A lot of $50-60 billion would have been pumped into the economy to improve infrastructure along the supply routes (better than going into minsters pockets). This in turn help your economy. Plus add to that the amount of aid Pakistan has received from the US. Yet fairly speaking I still feel Pakistan has lost more than gained. Every Pakistani should hope that the war get over quickly.

I dont know india is afraid of pakistan or not
but literature comming out of india and bollywood movies give impression that india is Sh it scared of us

Which literature you are talking about..I hope you are not talking about your history book here..

PLZ...post some literature from India which tell India is afraid of Pakistan..

Back
Top Bottom