What's new

Pak Responds: FO call's Mullen's bluff, No evidence shared with us.

53fd

New Recruit

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Thursday the United States risks losing an ally if it continues to publicly criticise Islamabad’s performance in the war against militancy.

“You will lose an ally,” Hina Rabbani Khar told a Pakistan-based television network in New York.

“You cannot afford to alienate Pakistan, you cannot afford to alienate the Pakistani people. If you are choosing to do so and if they are choosing to do so it will be at their (the United States’) own cost.”

Khar was responding to a Senate testimony by the outgoing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, who said Pakistan’s top spy agency was closely tied to the Haqqani network.

US to lose Pakistan as ally if accusations continue, says Khar | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Pretty strong words.

On Thursday, Rehman Malik, Pakistan’s interior minister, rejected accusations by the United States of ISI involvement in the attacks in Afghanistan. “If you say that it is ISI involved in that attack, I categorically deny it,”

There is a trust deficit as USA do not buy this, as for being a ally i would say Pakistan is more like a Frenemie

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Thursday the United States risks losing an ally if it continues to publicly criticise Islamabad’s performance in the war against militancy.

“You will lose an ally,” Hina Rabbani Khar told a Pakistan-based television network in New York.

“You cannot afford to alienate Pakistan, you cannot afford to alienate the Pakistani people. If you are choosing to do so and if they are choosing to do so it will be at their (the United States’) own cost.”

Khar was responding to a Senate testimony by the outgoing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, who said Pakistan’s top spy agency was closely tied to the Haqqani network.

US to lose Pakistan as ally if accusations continue, says Khar | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Pretty strong words.

LOL.. You been lecturing others about there already being a thread for Pak-USA issues on Haqquanis and to not open new threads.... But The moment Pak says some supposedly strong words, you open a new thread.. :rofl:

Is it me or would a tactical statement highlighting the contribution of Pakistan would have been better for Pakistan than the threat of a breakup? I would expect this statement to be given in Pakistan keeping in mind sentiments. But in the US it seems like a diplomatic blunder.

LOL.. You been lecturing others about there already being a thread for Pak-USA issues on Haqquanis and to not open new threads.... But The moment Pak says some supposedly strong words, you open a new thread.. :rofl:

Because they were regurgitating the same statements made by Mike Mullen. This is the statement made from the Foreign Minister of Pakistan as a response, I hope you understand the difference.

Because they were regurgitating the same statements made by Mike Mullen. This is the statement made from the Foreign Minister of Pakistan as a response, I hope you understand the difference.

Ok.. I will take that on face value, but then even the 1st thread about the statement made 2 days back was merged with a thread from 2009 and renamed as issues between USA and Pakistan.. :rofl:

Ok.. I will take that on face value, but then even the 1st thread about the statement made 2 days back was merged with a thread from 2009 and renamed as issues between USA and Pakistan.. :rofl:

I have no issues with merging this thread into the other one.

Empty words and nothing else.

US is going nowhere and Pak also is going anywhere.

US to lose Pakistan as ally if accusations continue, says Khar

Pretty strong words.

You call this strong words? Nothing in front of this.

Mullen panetta slam pakistan over attacks |

(Mullen and Panetta report to Senate Armed Services Committee)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/w...istani-role-in-attack-on-us-embassy.html?_r=1

“In choosing to use violent extremism as an instrument of policy, the government of Pakistan, and most especially the Pakistani Army and ISI, jeopardizes not only the prospect of our strategic partnership but Pakistan’s opportunity to be a respected nation with legitimate regional influence,” he said. “They may believe that by using these proxies, they are hedging their bets or redressing what they feel is an imbalance in regional power. But in reality, they have already lost that bet.

“By exporting violence, they’ve eroded their internal security and their position in the region. They have undermined their international credibility and threatened their economic well-being.”

But I think this will result nothing other than war of words.

nothing gonna happen.........pakistan needs usa for military purpose,and other import/export of items.if usa attacks,then.

1)zardari will go,he will have to face ppl.
2)new govt backed with military or an military take over will be in pakistan.
3)then new govt will take more time as an excuse with america.

this is going to happen.zardari will have to go.:whistle:

Americans do not do war of words they act :agree: this is just a warning soon you will see Navy seals in action again :azn:

Americans do not do war of words they act :agree: this is just a warning soon you will see Navy seals in action again :azn:

They are nothing but just war of words. Because just few days ago Obama approved another $1 billion as aid to Pakistan.

Pretty strong words.

Does pakistan has any option??? Lets discuss case by case
1. If they attack Hakkani group: Hakkani group will turn another TTP, and the attack on Pakistan will double.
2. If they harbouring Haqqani: US will cut the aid, US relation will go sour. US may do another attobabad. US may attack inside Pakistan again.

Yesterday one Pakistan gentleman was arguing (on Times now, former ambassador to USA), "150 thousand US soldiers with best equipment are unable to stop haqqani group, how can they expect this from us?". I remember the same logic they used for India.

Is thats the case we will be ready what u think the last stage act was a suprise hell no its was all staged with Pak gov for anyone that tries to hurt our land we are ready for them no matter who they are bring it and they shall see what we do to them... :pakistan:

Is thats the case we will be ready what u think the last stage act was a suprise hell no its was all staged with Pak gov for anyone that tries to hurt our land we are ready for them no matter who they are bring it and they shall see what we do to them... :pakistan:

just empty chest thumping,you cant do anything...they are superior in any military equipment;)

Back
Top Bottom