What's new

Pak parties pledge peace with India in their manifestos

Because that strongly-held belief that India poses an eternal existential threat to Pakistan has been taught for long in the Pakistani Security Estt. Have all the overtones of that subsided?

You continue to present one side view of the coin. What about the continuous long portray of Pakistan in Indian media as an entity that supports all the ills inside India? I hope you are familiar with the phrase "Tali aik hath sa nahi bajti" (You cant clap with just one hand)
The very notion that policy w.r.t India is made in Rawalpindi and not Islamabad compliments what i said above.

You continue to present one side view of the coin. What about the continuous long portray of Pakistan in Indian media as an entity that supports all the ills inside India? I hope you are familiar with the phrase "Tali aik hath sa nahi bajti" (You cant clap with just one hand)
The very notion that policy w.r.t India is made in Rawalpindi and not Islamabad compliments what i said above.

I have very clearly laid out all the facts about both the IP gas pipeline as well as the facts regarding Pakistan's FP with India in my posts above. Read them to get some clarity.
About India's FP with Pakistan; it is not decided by the media (or even IA's AHQ for that matter). It is decided by India's Ministry of External Affairs and the Prime Minister. India is different from Pakistan.

I have very clearly laid out all the facts about both the IP gas pipeline as well as the facts regarding Pakistan's FP with India in my posts above. Read them to get some clarity.
About India's FP with Pakistan; it is not decided by the media (or even IA's AHQ for that matter). It is decided by India's Ministry of External Affairs and the Prime Minister. India is different from Pakistan.

I raised a different point you failed to address. I am not even discussing about India backing out of IP Project. Policies maybe made in the External Affairs and the PM but not without the inputs from your army. Also my point was about the general populace and how the mood is swung by the media using the same old anti pakistan rhetoric. Now don't tell me that Indian government is insensitive to the demands of the masses.

I raised a different point you failed to address. I am not even discussing about India backing out of IP Project. Policies maybe made in the External Affairs and the PM but not without the inputs from your army. Also my point was about the general populace and how the mood is swung by the media using the same old anti pakistan rhetoric. Now don't tell me that Indian government is insensitive to the demands of the masses.

There is a difference between Public Sentiment and Public Demand. Public sentiment is a constantly changing rainbow of opinions. Little of it become demands. Hence Policy making does not take place on the streets; by mobs or by any random group of people. Policies are made by People elected by the population to do so and on the basis of considerable thought by people who know, not by any rabble.

Are you saying what you did, because you are unfamiliar with how a functional democratic system works? If you are; then let me remind you that India and Pakistan function differently in that case.

Wow so you Indian trolls were going on forever that politics in Pakistan revolve around anti-India rhetoric (and wouldn't listen to reason) now you are starting on WHY there is no anti-India rhetoric in party manifestos? :D

Bilkul.... Zindagi ka maja to Khatte mein hai.. :D

There is a difference between Public Sentiment and Public Demand. Public sentiment is a constantly changing rainbow of opinions. Little of it become demands. Hence Policy making does not take place on the streets; by mobs or by any random group of people. Policies are made by People elected by the population to do so and on the basis of considerable thought by people who know, not by any rabble.

Are you saying what you did, because you are unfamiliar with how a functional democratic system works? If you are; then let me remind you that India and Pakistan function differently in that case.

For the highlighted part I hope you do realize the fact that sentiments leads to demand and people of this region are known to be very sentimental. Again i never said that policies are made on the streets or Mob however no government no matter how strong in democracy can remain insensitive to the public sentiments or demands (whichever you wish to call).

P.S You don't need to bring Pakistan every time to support your argument. I am well aware of the democratic system.

It does not matter, both GHQ and all political parties are on the same page in regards to relations with India. All strata of society whether its politicians, generals or bureaucrats have realized that good relations with India are in the best interests of Pakistan. If you look at the past statements and actions of GHQ General Staff, it is increasingly in favour of improving ties with India. To put it bluntly, Pakistan stands to gain economically and diplomatically with a friendly India.

All I can say is that Actions Speak Louder Than Words in this case.

For the highlighted part I hope you do realize the fact that sentiments leads to demand and people of this region are known to be very sentimental. Again i never said that policies are made on the streets or Mob however no government no matter how strong in democracy can remain insensitive to the public sentiments or demands (whichever you wish to call).

P.S You don't need to bring Pakistan every time to support your argument. I am well aware of the democratic system.

The points that I brought in to explain the democratic process are valid and remain standing.

Now further; sentiments are changing therefore the demands and the tone and tenor thereof remain changing also. While Govts may pay heed to them any sane Govt. will separate the 'wheat from the chaff' all the time in the public OPINIONS/SENTIMENTS that it confronts from time to time. Any sane Govt. will then factor in that difference and if necessary even control that opinion/sentiment to the extent necessary. Govt. is bound not to play to any gallery; while it may remain observant and even sensitive to Public Opinion.

Govt. esp Democratic Govt. is a continuing Institution; Public Opinion/Sentiment is not. It has only so much value in the scheme of things. As I said earlier, your arguments seem to betray some unfamiliarity with these nuances of Democratic functioning. Which is why I had to refer to the differences in the ethos of Governing systems in the two Countries.

any party pleadging peace with india shouldnt be voted, pakistan needs to deal with india not through peace but by clever planning, india doesnt understand the language of peace, and neither can be trusted

you cant solve any issue with bullet you can solve or eliminate any with a pen 40,000 dead in pakistan and counting when is your need for blood going to stop and realize lets give peace a chance and see where it takes us.

Not every Indian wants peace either but i am willing to bet majority will favor peace over war and i can guarantee majority of pakistani will chose peace over war any day.

you cant solve any issue with bullet you can solve or eliminate any with a pen 40,000 dead in pakistan and counting when is your need for blood going to stop and realize lets give peace a chance and see where it takes us.

Not every Indian wants peace either but i am willing to bet majority will favor peace over war and i can guarantee majority of pakistani will chose peace over war any day.

You are very correct; my friend.
War is simply TOO EXPENSIVE an option. Too expensive in terms of money, lost lives and lost time. The average man on (say) the streets of Karachi is not itching to go to war with anyone, not even India. He has far more pressing problems over-burdening his life as well as that of his family. That is what I was trying to explain to our colleague earlier in the exchange of posts that Policies including FP cannot be made on the streets; but that they can be created and crafted in such way that the benefits of those Policies can be felt and seen on the Streets; for the benefit and betterment of the most.

PAKISTANI PARTIES NEVER wrote in their MANEIESTOS warwith INDIA...now or in the past!! infact pakistan never wanted war! it is always the indians that want war.specially indian media!

No other options for pak...

oh how about we nuke you for fun??? that is an option now isn't it? stop trying to troll little boy!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom