What's new

Pak navy chief torpedoes nation's 26/11 confession

Hey,it looks like business as usual in pakistan where one branch of govt is often totally unaware of what another one doing e,g Kargil...

And you guys are different in this regard? :rolleyes: Nobody from Pakistan has disclosed all of the details of the investigations. My question would be, why is the Naval Chief speaking about this?

* Admiral Bashir says ‘if Kasab did go from here, when he entered Indian waters, where was the Indian Navy?’
* India rejects claim

Staff Report

KARACHI: Naval Chief of Staff Admiral Nauman Bashir said on Friday he had no proof that Ajmal Kasab – the lone surviving gunman arrested after the Mumbai attacks –used Pakistani waters to reach India.

“I do not have any proof, so I cannot confirm that claim,” said Nauman while addressing a press conference on upcoming multinational naval exercises, to be hosted by Pakistan. “The Indian navy is much larger than ours, and if Ajmal Kasab had gone from here, then what were their coastguards doing and why they did not stop the terrorists?” the naval commander was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency. Nauman declined further comment on the Mumbai attacks. “There are many questions about the Mumbai attacks which need to be answered and until then, we cannot make any comment.”

Indian rejection: According to the Times of India, New Delhi on Friday rubbished the Pakistan Navy chief’s claim. “The dossier handed over to Pakistan was irrefutable and solid on facts,” Home Minister P Chidambaram was quoted as saying at a press conference.

According to AFP, India’s junior foreign minister, Anand Sharma, also rejected the naval chief’s claim, and said Pakistan was engaging in ‘multiple speak, duplicity and denial’ and had ‘created this confusion’.

Indian police have charged Kasab with murder and ‘waging war’ against India.

Daliytimes.pk

This is very unfortunate and irresponsible response from Pak Navy chief.

1. Indian Navy is much bigger than Pak Navy, but so is the coastal area. So, it is foolish to assume that such things matter a lot.

2. On the same lines, before the terrorists reached Mumbai, they STARTED from Pakistan coast. What Pak Navy was doing at that time?

3. Denying the issue AFTER the government has accepted it shows nothing but lack of co-ordination or sign of rebel.

Pak navy chief retracts statement on Kasab

28 Feb 2009, 1514 hrs IST, PTI

KARACHI: Adding to flip-flops over the Mumbai attacks, Pakistan's navy chief on Saturday retracted his statement that Ajmal Amir Kasab did not take the sea route and said he backed interior ministry's report that nine terrorists had sailed from Karachi to launch the strikes.

Admiral Noman Bashir, who had on Saturday contended that the navy had no evidence to prove that Kasab took the sea route, said he was not contradicting interior ministry's report on the Mumbai attacks.

"We have not been directly involved in the investigation, which is under the domain of the interior ministry. Therefore they are better equipped, they have better knowledge and information," he said.

Interior ministry chief Rehman Malik had admitted on Feb 12, when Pakistan gave its response to Indian dossier, that the Mumbai attacks were "partly" plotted on Pakistan soil and launched from its shores for which it has arrested six persons. Malik had said nine terrorists had travelled in three boats from Karachi to Mumbai.

"We have no contradictory opinion on the report prepared by them. Whatever evidence they have is correct. I won't contradict it," Admiral Bashir said.

The Pakistani officials and Ministers have become masters of flip-flops when it comes to Mumbai attacks.

Pakistan official are loosening all the credibility that have left in them after
26/11 one day they make the opposing statements, the next they fell back online this just all to drag this saga as long as possible so that the pressure on them to catch and prosecute guilty of these crimes ease up.

Errr he is head of the Navy and he knows what he is talking about unlike your navy who could not stop few terrorist from entering your country!

PN chief says they didnt come through sea then how could you say 'IN failed in stopping these terrorists' ???

Lets not mix all the things together, Pak Navy Billing is a separate issue.

what he really said was that "I don't have any evidence or proof that Kasab went from Pakistan coastal area and EVEN IF HE really used Pakistani Coast then how Indian Navy which Claims to be a Blue water Navy with Global Reach and which is 10 times Bigger than use Could not Catch him so its their Failure as well"

So blaming PN alone is not a Good Idea and IN is also responsible for Failing to Catch the terrorists.

Your PN chief might be out of his mind or misquoted. They came to india via Indian fishing boat, we cant check all of them there are zillions of them out in the sea.

^^^Well, whole world know who were flip-flopping all the way round. This is just one of them.

^^^Well, whole world know who were flip-flopping all the way round. This is just one of them.

Once again, you drag the "whole world" in this again.
Explain to me, who is the whole world, and why do you think the "whole world" was on your side from the very beginning. :rofl::rofl:

^^ Whole world and the media has now come to the belief that Pakistani's have travelled all the way from Karachi to Mumbai and participated in this ghastly attack. In the end, Pak had no choice but to accept that its citizens are involved in this.

^^ Whole world and the media has now come to the belief that Pakistani's have travelled all the way from Karachi to Mumbai and participated in this ghastly attack. In the end, Pak had no choice but to accept that its citizens are involved in this.

:rofl: I think we are done talking, mr. "whole world".
Keep making a fool out of yourself. :lol:

People know which country made a fool out of itself.

Yes, "people" know and the "whole world" knows right..?:rofl:
I've debated with alot of Indians about the Mumbai issue, i'm not wasting my saturday free time on you, you're just another emotional one that thinks everyone and everything is on his side. :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom