What's new

Pak India 1971 War Gallery

Please feel free to post pictures (photographed or painted), anything that tells the facts. What exactly is the issue with paintings, BTW?

Let's not overload our common sense.

@TheDeletedUser:

Fantastic find!! Thats Dilip Uncle right there in those POW photos! XERIC will find this very interesting, to put a face to the revolver:-)

You know, he is one of the rarest of rare individuals to have multiple ejections, and yet be perfectly healthy. He is as athletic and active as ever! His spine must be made of concrete!

I hope you see him again and have what I'm sure would be a very interesting chat.

Thanks!

@TheDeletedUser:

Fantastic find!! Thats Dilip Uncle right there in those POW photos! XERIC will find this very interesting, to put a face to the revolver:-)

You know, he is one of the rarest of rare individuals to have multiple ejections, and yet be perfectly healthy. He is as athletic and active as ever! His spine must be made of concrete!

The delicacy you guys have been showing toward a painting by differentiating it from a photo is not at all proportionate with the idea of you people equating Flt Lt Dilip with his Uncle :no:

i would like to see the real guy.

PakistanPoW.jpg

A Pakistan stamp depicting the 90,000 POWs in Indian camps. This stamp was issued with the political aim of raising global awareness of the POW issue to help secure their release. The POWs were released by India after the signing and ratification of the Simla Agreement. (Sorry couldn't find higher res)

Guud to know that you have met the guy. It's strange that you snubbed him for his stories. Anywaz, i hope he doesnt see the picture, i am not sure if his poor heart (at this age) would be able to take it...ok....i am kidding. i wish he could join us here and tell us more about the incident. i for one would love to listen his stories that you probably have been turning a deaf ear to...:)

And yes, the rough location of this pistol is hidden within the text of the plaques, let's see if you can decipher it. And i hope you people are not planning to steal the thing..?!

Hahaha, why would I steal the revolver from what is surely 'the lion's den'? Mere kya din bhar gaye?

Even if I somehow managed to bribe someone to smuggle it out of Pakistan, who can get an arms license in India? Most importantly, that revolver looks like a .38, which is a prohibited bore in India. Now I am sure I have convinced you of my honest intentions!

I didn't snub his war stories, just that we found his other stories far more interesting then. He trained pilots in the Iraqi Air Force as well as the Singapore Air Force, and he had tons of funny stories.

I bet that he would love to be on this forum, except pilots of that era from both IAF and PAF were thorough gentlemen and some of the kids here and their 'classy' comments would be too much for him! But I will be sure to meet him the next time I am home and will try to post some stories:toast_sign:

PS: Just read this"The delicacy you guys have been showing toward a painting by differentiating it from a photo is not at all proportionate with the idea of you people equating Flt Lt Dilip with his Uncle"
I have no idea what this means......Me pointing out that the thread is a photo thread relates how exactly to me calling someone 'Uncle'? Very strange comment indeed.

PS. Just saw your post Windjammer, and please allow me to trust the ASAA more than a scanned page from some unknown source. Even if you tell me the source, I still will go with the ASAA. Surely they know who their members are! I can claim to be a member of the MCC, but would they agree?
I agree with your comment on post 58. It clearly does not belong here. The only reason I commented on your painting is because you tried to justify its presence in what is clearly a photo thread.

Perhaps you first need to clarify as to what's your biggest dilemma,
The Painting or the Artist.
The thread, doesn't apply to the effect of say, "Picture Gallery".
As for the artist, do you really think he needs your acknowledgement, however, his publishers would have been well aware of his status before printing his introduction text and releasing depiction of his work through highly credible foreign distributors.

Pakistan_Surrender_1971_War.jpg

Don't quite understand why this pic was deleted before. Anyway here it is again. I do hope that the mods don't delete it, afterall it is the most famous photograph of that war.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hahaha, why would I steal the revolver from what is surely 'the lion's den'? Mere kya din bhar gaye?

Even if I somehow managed to bribe someone to smuggle it out of Pakistan, who can get an arms license in India? Most importantly, that revolver looks like a .38, which is a prohibited bore in India. Now I am sure I have convinced you of my honest intentions!

I didn't snub his war stories, just that we found his other stories far more interesting then. He trained pilots in the Iraqi Air Force as well as the Singapore Air Force, and he had tons of funny stories.

I bet that he would love to be on this forum, except pilots of that era from both IAF and PAF were thorough gentlemen and some of the kids here and their 'classy' comments would be too much for him! But I will be sure to meet him the next time I am home and will try to post some stories:toast_sign:
If you are able to get him here for once even, i will honor you with something guud.

And oh yes, the 'lion's den' was a bit exaggerated.

PS: Just read this"The delicacy you guys have been showing toward a painting by differentiating it from a photo is not at all proportionate with the idea of you people equating Flt Lt Dilip with his Uncle"
I have no idea what this means......Me pointing out that the thread is a photo thread relates how exactly to me calling someone 'Uncle'? Very strange comment indeed.

You probably have misread the post. It was in connection with you referring to me Dilip's Uncle in some pics of yours.

Last edited:
@John

Or may be you said Dilip (the) Uncle.

Never knew you were initially talking as if he's you age-mate. ;)

So you are agreeing with me that WJ's statement about SM Hussaini being "a life member of The American Society of Aviation Artists" is incorrect.

Life member or not. He was indeed awarded the fellowship of ASAA. Got it. End of story.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom