What's new

Pak Increases Defence Budget by 10-15%

Dear domestic debts is not an issue as shown in figure under.......it will be financed by raising 1482 billion domestic debts.....and good think about this purpose plan government would not borrow from state bank......which actually cause inflation......by this purposed way Government will absorbed additional liquidity in sys.....hope i have clear your point

12328157-f223-4ec3-b9db-720c6fd908d5.jpg

Do you know who purchases these bonds???
Its generally banks n QIBs who invest in such bonds.

N Bonds r also a form of debt only, u'll have to redeem them to n carry fixed ROI or r issued at discount to be redeemed at par.

In India generally bonds r issued by GOI for short period only.

So, Can u provide me a link which states that PKR 1482 billion will be raised through bonds as ur table says these 1482 billion consitutes of Banking n non banking finances i.e. 975+507...:)

The data you provided for defence lacks allocation for salary, pension and making nukes. If all those are added Pakistan's defence budget crosses $10 billion dollar or more than 990 billion rupees.

Last year allocation for education is less than 1% of the budget

plz come-up your with facts & figures.....only then we can discuss

my bad mistake at my end and accepted right tables are as under

2012-2013PSDP.jpg
so the correct development figure for 2012-2013 are as follows

873.000+154.228= 1,027.228 billion

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_in_Brief_2012_13.pdf

"Correct" figures?

Let us look at what the 2011-12 budget proposed and what was actually spent as the revised figures:

(rounding in billions of Rupees)

PAEC was allocated 22, but spent 27.7.
Railways was allocated 15, but spent 9.9.
Planning was allocated 32 but spent only 22.3.
HEC was given 14, but ended up with 9.8.
Interior Ministry was budgeted at 5.8, but was given 10.4.
Defence Divsion was allocated 3.8 but got 6.4.
And so on.

Yet you want us to think that the figures for next year's budget are somehow "correct"?

All of the government finances are being managed in a laissez-faire way and the numbers simply cannot be trusted to represent anything robust.

Well congratulate Pakistanis . May your defence budget see unmatchable increases ;)

The data you provided for defence lacks allocation for salary, pension and making nukes. If all those are added Pakistan's defence budget crosses $10 billion dollar or more than 990 billion rupees.

Last year allocation for education is less than 1% of the budget

@HRK had already answered that here u go :

Salaries and pension of Defence sector:

DefenceRelatedSalaries.jpg

MilitaryPension.jpg

Nuclear Program related budget (mostly for civilian programs)

SizeofPSDO.jpg

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_in_Brief_2013_14.pdf

N yes @INDIC ur right its roughly $11 billion.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know who purchases these bonds???
Its generally banks n QIBs who invest in such bonds.

N Bonds r also a form of debt only, u'll have to redeem them to n carry fixed ROI or r issued at discount to be redeemed at par.

In India generally bonds r issued by GOI for short period only.

So, Can u provide me a link which states that PKR 1482 billion will be raised through bonds as ur table says these 1482 billion consitutes of Banking n non banking finances i.e. 975+507...:)

Dear i think you fail to realize i am quoting not from any other source but from the official budget documents as it mention in that documents that 1482 billions will be raised through borrowings through banks so which other source or link you want...........???

and thnx to inform me who purchase these bond........

@HRK had already answered that here u go :

N yes @INDIC ur right its roughly $11 billion.:)

bhai 11 billion ki figure kha se agai.....kis kis amount ko add kiya hai.......what is the logic to add that figures......???

"Correct" figures?

Let us look at what the 2011-12 budget proposed and what was actually spent as the revised figures:

(rounding in billions of Rupees)

PAEC was allocated 22, but spent 27.7.
Railways was allocated 15, but spent 9.9.
Planning was allocated 32 but spent only 22.3.
HEC was given 14, but ended up with 9.8.
Interior Ministry was budgeted at 5.8, but was given 10.4.
Defence Divsion was allocated 3.8 but got 6.4.
And so on.

Yet you want us to think that the figures for next year's budget are somehow "correct"?

All of the government finances are being managed in a laissez-faire way and the numbers simply cannot be trusted to represent anything robust.

@Argus Panoptes....I am not here to make you believe something which is not correct......what u quote is is micro level allocations....but at macro level the difference b/w budgeted figure and revised figure was just 3.664 billion.......secondly you are talking about authenticity of that figures which were submitted & checked by IMF as it is mandatory part of their monitoring strategy....

2012-2013PSDP.jpg

2012-2013PSDP2.jpg

Dear i think you fail to realize i am quoting not from any other source but from the official budget documents as it mention in that documents that 1482 billions will be raised through borrowings through banks so which other source or link you want...........???

and thnx to inform me who purchase these bond........

Sorry my bad i think i messed some other posters reply while replying to u.

It wasn't meant for u as i had some else in mind while replying.

My Apologies :agree:

The bottom line is that the External and Internal debt, plus Defense expense leaves very little for everything else.

Dear can you quote any country other than Afghanistan who do not take loans.........:blink:

And can you suggest any feasible change in Defence budget which could bring it down to a desire figure........keeping in mind even with this high budget we are not going to buy any new goodies......

bhai 11 billion ki figure kha se agai.....kis kis amount ko add kiya hai.......what is the logic to add that figures......???

Its actually $8.40 billion i mistakenly added Employee salaries(bcoz it was highlighted) again in the total budget.

Here is the calculation :
(627+132+4+52)/97 = 8.4

It includes Defence+Pension+SUPCARO+Nuclear

@INDIC its $8.4 billion as per official figures.

Dear can you quote any country other than Afghanistan who do not take loans.........:blink:

And can you suggest any feasible change in Defence budget which could bring it down to a desire figure........keeping in mind even with this high budget we are not going to buy any new goodies......

Personally I do not have any problem with the defense budget. What we spend on defense compared to health and education is only a manifestation of our national priorities as we choose security over literacy and well-being. Whether that is the correct balance for us as a nation, or not, is a matter of debate.

Back
Top Bottom