What's new

Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit rubbishes Indian surgical strike claims

Nice place visit sometime ..................... especially Indian High Commission in Islamabad.

I suppose if I visit Pakistan - how remote it seems, compared to even a month ago - I may have to.

Quite and calm.................. if that suits your taste.

I don't know what's going on, but I want to thank you for your calm and comforting posts. Whatever the intention, it has had a very positive effect on me, and I am very thankful.

he shouldn't wait for tv interviews if he wants to keep his job.
He still has his job - pre/post surgical strike farce. He does't need to go about refuting what never existed, and now upon being asked, he replied back. A common sensical thing

I don't know what's going on, but I want to thank you for your calm and comforting posts. Whatever the intention, it has had a very positive effect on me, and I am very thankful.

No problem, you are welcome.:)

Don't take internet too serious we are people after all. I have been busy reading you today ............ for this thread don't worry "Bharti" High Commission and "Bharti" diplomats are safe and sound :D. Okay I am out of here now..... I have this feeling that something nasty has been said.

Citizen of Pakist: 8805673 said:
If that was the case he would've been sacked by now. I think Nawaz gov is playing this game well!

But does that rule applicable to Russian envoy or just Pak envoy ..

He still has his job - pre/post surgical strike farce. He does't need to go about refuting what never existed, and now upon being asked, he replied back. A common sensical thing

happy you are happy with your guy.

No problem, you are welcome.:)

Don't take internet too serious we are people after all. I have been busy reading you today ............ for this thread don't worry "Bharti" High Commission and "Bharti" diplomats are safe and sound :D. Okay I am out of here now..... I have this feeling that something nasty has been said.

<sigh>

....and I have this feeling that every Pakistani wag is going to camp on this bloody word for the next two centuries or so.

<sigh>

....and I have this feeling that every Pakistani wag is going to camp on this bloody word for the next two centuries or so.

Oh come on! You are seriously bothered by this word? That is what is the street name for India in Pakistan in almost 99.9% of our routine communications/discussions , and I am 100% confident this is used without any derogatory or insulting touch to it. That's what we call you guys down here honestly!

Though I find it odd for you to use the word 'Pakistani Wag' for anyone who would be using this word for India

Oh come on! You are seriously bothered by this word? That is what is the street name for India in Pakistan in almost 99.9% of our routine communications/discussions , and I am 100% confident this is used without any derogatory or insulting touch to it. That's what we call you guys down here honestly!

Though I find it odd for you to use the word 'Pakistani Wag' for anyone who would be using this word for India

I am seriously bothered by this word. I don't care if it is common parlance in Pakistan; the word that I object to being used for Pakistanis in Britain is also street parlance in Britain. That doesn't stop me from objecting to your being called that, because I see it as a racist and ethnic insult. So, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

As I see it, you will keep on using it, in spite of our getting offended, or rather, precisely because we get offended. No matter. We will survive. It is just that a conversation is inevitably somewhat stilted if one of the participants keeps referring to the other as a mother-f****** son-of-a-*****. I am not equating these phrases with 'bharti', merely demonstrating the kind of irritation that repeated misuse and deliberate and sly insulting causes.

Pakistani Wag means a humorist of a particularly fell variety who originates in Pakistan. Nothing underhand or uncomplimentary about it.

I am seriously bothered by this word. I don't care if it is common parlance in Pakistan; the word that I object to being used for Pakistanis in Britain is also street parlance in Britain. That doesn't stop me from objecting to your being called that, because I see it as a racist and ethnic insult. So, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

As I see it, you will keep on using it, in spite of our getting offended, or rather, precisely because we get offended. No matter. We will survive. It is just that a conversation is inevitably somewhat stilted if one of the participants keeps referring to the other as a mother-f****** son-of-a-*****. I am not equating these phrases with 'bharti', merely demonstrating the kind of irritation that repeated misuse and deliberate and sly insulting causes.

Pakistani Wag means a humorist of a particularly fell variety who originates in Pakistan. Nothing underhand or uncomplimentary about it.
I understand where are you coming from, but its not even the same as what is used for Pakistanis in Britain. That might be a short form but that might have an undertone of an insult owing to racist attribution. However, the one we are referring to about Indians/India here is a 'proper' respect word which for some reason has off putted very rational people around here, which is not only surprising but very insightful as well about the kind of relationship we Indians and Pakistanis have

You have my solemn word on this - that word for India is totally not insulting. I for one, in my childhood, used to envy Indians for having 'identity' in more than one languages, only to grow up to see this!

So, if I were the judge, I would have hard time affixing blame on the user just because someone gets offended by a certain proper word. However, the intentional continuous usage (of any word) before a person who is getting visibly offended is also not polite. So my verdict would have been - it is unethical in such cases but not illegal otherwise hence cannot have a blanket judgement barring use of it

Moreover, I personally survive by filtering out the inadequacies of certain people in their communication and focus on the substance. Let's try that.

Common my pakistani brothers, you said osama wasn't in Abbotobad and the whole world caught your lie.

Back
Top Bottom