What's new

PAK FA with 'Brahmos'

thats why so much delay in fitting BRAHMOS in su-30...some trimming going on..???

The important part is the confidance to see india as a partner.

Wheather brahmos is fitted on pak fa or not but our enemies neithher have any thing close to brahmos nor to pakfa...

So once the pakfa takes the SAMs out, brahmos carrying MKIs will do the job.

Long live the indo-russian friendship.
Russia is our best friend indeed.

I highly doubt it! you better measure the length of the brahmos then compare it to the T-50 dimensions.

brahmos length is 8.4 m (27.64 ft.)
width is 0.67 m (2.20 ft.)

Now where is a missile that size going to be fitted? it doesn't fit in the internal bays. and if it goes in between the engine intakes then the T-50 losses access to it's internal missile bays. Which I suppose they could do but then the T-50 becomes defensless along with a larger radar cross section. It defeats the purpose of the T-50 design. An air launched Brahmos is better suited for Su-30 :usflag:

Also there is no air to air Brahmos version as far as I know.

Well, Brahmos air version is developed for the needs of pak FA aswell.... But as of Now Sukhoi 30 MKI can finish the job....

hi ,im new on this forum ..name is saber ..hi to all
about the post ...brahmos may be able to pierce though enemy defences but i dont think it ll be carried by pak fa or any other jet based fighter ...we may see it on bigger trans port air crafts just like pak navy orion ....it is a big weapon and without a heavier pay load speed counts for ****....and a jet fighter would not only have to carry brahmos along with missels for its own defence may find it self in a tight spot in case of air battel or radar dtetction...just an idea plz comment and correct me if im wrong

thats why many tests and other methods are being carried out on brahmos...anyhow SU-30 MKI is slated to carry brahmos..some strengthening is going on or, will start..

BTW the brahmos being talked here is BRAHMOS-2, it will be a hypersonic missile , will be smaller in size, less in weight but might have greater range. thats why talks of being used on PAK-FA...and maybe some day on NGFA..

and yes:welcome:

about the post ...brahmos may be able to pierce though enemy defences but i dont think it ll be carried by pak fa or any other jet based fighter ...we may see it on bigger trans port air crafts just like pak navy orion ....it is a big weapon and without a heavier pay load speed counts for ****....and a jet fighter would not only have to carry brahmos along with missels for its own defence may find it self in a tight spot in case of air battel or radar dtetction...just an idea plz comment and correct me if im wrong

Welcome to this forum mate.... we are not talking about BRAHMOS ground based cruise missile, we are talking about the air version of brahmos

Last edited:
thats why many tests and other methods are being carried out on brahmos...anyhow SU-30 MKI is slated to carry brahmos..some strengthening is going on or, will start..

BTW the brahmos being talked here is BRAHMOS-2, it will be a hypersonic missile , will be smaller in size, less in weight but might have greater range..

and yes:welcome:

Brahmos hypersonic is cruise missile Land launched, Its BRAHMOS II, we are talking about Air version of Brahmos, which Sukhoi 30 MKI is suppoed to carry

Last edited:
India has already sent 2 MKI to Russia for modification which will enable them to carry Airforce version of Brahmos. It is difficult for amateurs like us to understand the technical part. Let us wait how it turns up.....

Brahmos hypersonic is cruise missile Land launched, Its BRAHMOS II, we are talking about Air to air version of Brahmos, which Sukhoi 30 MKI is suppoed to carry

even the ones being put on flankers are cruise missiles..they are just the air versions...however i cant say whether they can be used in AIR-AIR combat...i thought they were for ground attack...

Brahmos hypersonic is cruise missile Land launched, Its BRAHMOS II, we are talking about Air to air version of Brahmos, which Sukhoi 30 MKI is suppoed to carry
There is no air to air version of brahmos. It is the same cruise missile or an upgraded version with less weight will be carried by Sukhoi-30 MKI. May be an hypersonic version for PAK-FA if possible. And I dont think they will make all planes capable of fitting Brahmos in them. Possibily is more of modification in some planes to enable them to carry Brahmos for specific mission.

Sorry if i am askin a stupid Q.But, isnt it supposed to be air to ground???.I have obseved many people mentioning air to air.Air to Air Brahmos??? plz explain

Last edited:
One more thing , the rumour is that Hypersonic Brahmos will have only the name common with the Brahmos in our inventory. It is going to be all together a different missile by the same manufacturer. Probably they will give it a new name later.

Sorry if i am askin a stupid Q.But, isnt it supposed to be air to ground???.I have obseved many people mentioning air to air.Air to Air Bhramos??? plz explain

Iam sorry, my bad, I have already edited my post to air version.. iam Used to writing Air to air came in a flow... But would that still be a cruise missile with the same Speed and range???

India prepares to induct air version of BRAHMOS missile :: BrahMos.com
The Bhramos Aerospace site says,the air version will be trimmed up.Its speed will be 2.8mach.Where as the land version will have a speed of greater that 5 Mach.
What i deduce of this is that the Hypersonic version has only been planned for land and ship based usage.The range would remain the same ie 290 km.
Plz do let me know if i am not well informed :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom