What's new

PAK-FA Will Be Operational In 2015:

Dude LCA MK2 to scheduled to roll out in 2014
And if you watch the things ...every think running properly so i think LCA mk2 will come in service with IAF with MMRCA fighter

SAAR..did you even read what i posted...
LCA MK-3 , i said...which according to gurus will be akin to SILENT EAGLE with internal Bays..

BTW good luck with induction of LCA-II in 2014..

If PAK FA is operationalized in 2015 by RuAF than we can expect it in IAF by 2017. Good news.

SAAR..did you even read what i posted...
LCA MK-3 , i said...which according to gurus will be akin to SILENT EAGLE with internal Bays..

BTW good luck with induction of LCA-II in 2014..

its gud if it happens ..... but i seriously doubt it as....lca will be lca.... its not a heavyweight large fighter like an f 15 on which one can put a lot of conformal stuff.... it wud not be alot feasible

i mean how many bays can one fit in a tiny fighter...... and most importantly where can we ??

and if we seriously consider this why not upgrade the existing ones with a dedicated program ... no need for a mk3..... thats what i feel ..

feel free to comment ..... i may be totally wrong....

Will HAL manufacture/assemble PAK FA or will they be bought off the shelf from Russia?

Will Russia manufacture/assemble FGFA or will they be bought off the shelf from India?

its gud if it happens ..... but i seriously doubt it as....lca will be lca.... its not a heavyweight large fighter like an f 15 on which one can put a lot of conformal stuff.... it wud not be alot feasible

i mean how many bays can one fit in a tiny fighter...... and most importantly where can we ??

and if we seriously consider this why not upgrade the existing ones with a dedicated program ... no need for a mk3..... thats what i feel ..

feel free to comment ..... i may be totally wrong....

You are right...But considering the efficiency of HAL i was being optimistic to think that by 2025 LCA-III will start rolling..
You will still see LCA-II coming out with some 5 gen. equipments..
And may be one or. two prototype of MCA...

Russian Air Force to get 10 fifth-generation fighters by 2015
BY EDITOR AT 20 JULY, 2010, 1:32 PM

BY: RIA Novosti

The Russian Defense Ministry will buy the first 10 fifth-generation fighters between 2013 and 2015 and then another 60 after 2016, a senior military official said on Monday.

Deputy Defense Minister for Arms Procurements Vladimir Popovkin said the first fighters will be purchased in 2013, while in 2015 the Air Force will start test flying them.

He did not explain what will happen between 2013 and 2015.

“We will start purchasing this fighter in series in 2016 and a total of 60 fighters will be bought under the state [arms procurement] program,” Popovkin said.

Air Force chief Col. Gen. Alexander Zelin said last week the first batch of new fighters would be provided with older, “non-fifth” generation engines.

In mid-June, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin observed the 16th test flight of a prototype fighter.

The prime minister said 30 billion rubles (around $1 billion) had already been spent on the project and another 30 billion would be required to complete it, after which the engine, weaponry and other components would be upgraded.

He said the fighter would have a service life of 30-35 years if modernization and upgrades are factored in, and would be around three times cheaper than its foreign analogs.

Russia’s only known fifth-generation project is Sukhoi’s PAK FA and the current prototype is the T-50. It is designed to compete with the U.S. F-22 Raptor, so far the world’s only fifth-generation fighter, and the F-35 Lightning II.

Russia has been developing its newest fighter since the 1990s. The country’s top military officials have said the stealth fighter jet with a range of up to 5,500 km should enter service with the Air Force in 2015.

The PAK FA is to be armed with next-generation air-to-air, air-to-surface, and air-to-ship missiles, and has two 30-mm cannons.

Will HAL manufacture/assemble PAK FA or will they be bought off the shelf from Russia?

Will Russia manufacture/assemble FGFA or will they be bought off the shelf from India?

India and Russia will have their own Production lines. There will be full ToT to let that happen.

IF India really wants to produce the PAk-FA it can. But it will have to import the engines.

FGFA will have different engines that can be produced in India.

You are right...But considering the efficiency of HAL i was being optimistic to think that by 2025 LCA-III will start rolling..
You will still see LCA-II coming out with some 5 gen. equipments..
And may be one or. two prototype of MCA...

lca mk2 is coming in 2014 (most probably).... are u saying that we can expect mca prototypes near this time ??......

i wud be really happy if happens.....

India and Russia will have their own Production lines. There will be full ToT to let that happen.

IF India really wants to produce the PAk-FA it can. But it will have to import the engines.

FGFA will have different engines that can be produced in India.

Things will be in more clear 2/3 years from now as to which country will manufacture what.

How did you people miss that piece? Its indeed true that Sukhoi has introduced those aircraft in the last 10 years.

Anyone has any sources or info to counter that claim?

I dont know abt the other 3.but the MKI was readied before tht itself

I dont know abt the other 3.but the MKI was readied before tht itself

IAF got deliveries of Su-30 first in 1996 - the MKK variant followed by variants with French avionics and then the MKI variant. It was a step by step integration. Su-30MKI variant entered IAF operational service from 2004 onwards. So the chairman is prpbably right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom