What's new

PAK FA vs F22 Raptor : A Detailed Analasis

How is the radar of Pak fa in detecting RCS of 0.0001 m2 like the Raptors . The IRBIS-E of SU-35BM is believed to detect F-22 at around 30 km only.

I think PAK FA has to achieve a great RCS reduction or have a powerful radar that can detect the Raptor (before it launches its missile) in order to compete with the Raptor. Which is more difficult to achieve? Producing a powerful radar or reducing RCS to the level of the Raptor ?

The F-22 raptor looks much more better.. and it will win against a t-50 i will choose a wetern technology over russian any day of the week. american fighter jets rock.

The F-22 raptor looks much more better.. and it will win against a t-50 i will choose a wetern technology over russian any day of the week. american fighter jets rock.

American fighter jets will rock Iran.

American fighter jets will rock Iran.
yes they will and your point is? iran was a great ally of the usa 30 years ago and now you see these mullas calling them satan and that does not mean i hate the usa and that does not mean all persian hate the usa. i am only sayin americans have better technology am i wrong?
i dont have anything against russian people.

Last edited:
How is the radar of Pak fa in detecting RCS of 0.0001 m2 like the Raptors . The IRBIS-E of SU-35BM is believed to detect F-22 at around 30 km only.

I think PAK FA has to achieve a great RCS reduction or have a powerful radar that can detect the Raptor (before it launches its missile) in order to compete with the Raptor. Which is more difficult to achieve? Producing a powerful radar or reducing RCS to the level of the Raptor ?

The Irbis-E is said to detect targets with an RCS of 0.01m2 from 90km. The 0.0001m2 is a fanboy number, it´s real RCS varies depending from the angle and situation. The pak fa is to have a similar stealth performance, it is to overcome the raptor´s some better RCS with more power from the radar and sensor diversity (IRST, L-band)

Besides the IRST allows the detection of missile launches from quite far away allowing a secondary detection method.

Gentlemen, you all need to remember that probably 50% of the systems on both the PAK-FA and the F-22 are highly classified, some of them are BLACK, and I can guarantee that the original comparison "flyer" as published is absolutely meaningless in reality.

The only way we can determine the effectiveness of complex military systems is in combat. Even older U.S. platforms like the F-15 have systems onboard that are entirely unknown to the general public, no matter how hard one may look on the internet. Speculation is fun, but remember that military hardware secrets are generally very well kept.

The simple matter remains.. For all its agility... even if it manages to close into the raptor.. the PAK-FA has to face the reality that are 5th gen heatseekers.
And quite likely.. with ever increasing Pk's and 50G maneuvering..
It would take a miracle to dodge a 5th gen missile shot.
The old theory that missiles would make dogfighting history is now coming to light.

Gentlemen, you all need to remember that probably 50% of the systems on both the PAK-FA and the F-22 are highly classified, some of them are BLACK, and I can guarantee that the original comparison "flyer" as published is absolutely meaningless in reality.

The only way we can determine the effectiveness of complex military systems is in combat. Even older U.S. platforms like the F-15 have systems onboard that are entirely unknown to the general public, no matter how hard one may look on the internet. Speculation is fun, but remember that military hardware secrets are generally very well kept.

does that hold for massively exported tech like f-16 or mig 21?

does that hold for massively exported tech like f-16 or mig 21?

During the 80's.. for the F-16's supplied to Pakistan.. back then there was some equipment considered BLACK to most countries on our jets.
Compared to other F-16's delivered at that time .. PAF F-16's were tricked out with a little extra gadgetry.

hmmm, makes me wonder if the USAF F16s far exceed any other ones around if 50% of the systems are totally classified (is that the same as black?)

raises interesting questions about the JSF program too.

hmmm, makes me wonder if the USAF F16s far exceed any other ones around if 50% of the systems are totally classified (is that the same as black?)

raises interesting questions about the JSF program too.

When I say 50% I refer to systems like radar performance, missile performance, RWR, ECM equipment, etc, obviously not simple things like a hydraulic pump.

To put it simply, there is quite a bit of "stuff" in these airplanes that only the engineers, pilots, and commanders know about.

On example, now declassified, is NCTR, non-cooperative target recognition.
Google Books - Good basic description
F-15 Service Life
McDonnell-Douglas F-15 Avionics

An upgrade to the APG-63 Radar for multiple target detection, improved electronic counter-countermeasures (ECCM) characteristics, and non-cooperative target recognition capability enabled the pilot to identify and target enemy aircraft before he was detected or before the enemy could employ his weapons.

Further, technologies external to the platform (such as AWACS aircraft and similar) can provide added capabilities to the fighter if properly equipped.

Secret technologies like these are generally well-kept, and pilots won't talk about them. For some reason, NCTR as an ability has become known, but not the exact details and capabilities. And I have no doubt that the PAF F-16 fleet has similar secrets. So when threads are generated that say "The Eurofighter can easily defeat the Su-30" and 50 people chime in with strong opinions, always keep in mind that not all the facts are known. :azn:

Back
Top Bottom