What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to see another 5th gen fighter. I wonder what it will look like, I hope it has forward swept wings like the su-47 because i really like that look and plus it also gives it really good maneuverability. I hope that they actually show the fighter tomorrow.

Ok emotions aside don't mind you guys but Chinese has yet to come up with best avionics and perfect her JH-7, J-10 and what not before even jump to any 5th Generation..while many say that T-50 and JXX are both some what sort of replica or copies of F-22 the point is if China wanted or could do could copy the whole design of Rafale or EF-2000 as a base of successful Fighter and come up with her version of joke!CF-2000...so for the next 8 Years i am not going to buy any story of stealthy JXX and J-10C and what not they could have worked upon J-10B as a stealthy design Nay! reality is different come back from the dreams.

Last edited:
Fifth-generation fighter took to the air
29.01.2010, 04:58:53

Version Print | PDA / PDA
On Friday, Russia's fifth-generation fighter went to the first flight, reports "InterfaxWith reference to an anonymous source in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

Prospective complex tactical aircraft (PAK FA) has complied with the short run, broke away from the runway and began to climb.

Flying fighters is continuing. How it will last, the source did not elaborate.

URL: Lenta.ru: Îðóæèå: Ðîññèéñêèé èñòðåáèòåëü ïÿòîãî ïîêîëåíèÿ ïîäíÿëñÿ â âîçäóõ
[ Report a misprint ]
[ Letter to the Editor ]

Sorry guys, thats a google translation, but the message is clear. PAK-FA took to the air...

more news coming....hang in tight

As per sukhoi forum, the plane took off this morning. its flooded with guests now. :fans:

PAK-FA landed, confirmed on sukhoi forums!!

On Friday, Russia's fifth-generation fighter went to the first flight, reports "InterfaxWith reference to an anonymous source in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

Prospective complex tactical aircraft (PAK FA) has complied with the short run, broke away from the runway and began to climb.

Flying fighters is continuing. How it will last, the source of the agency did not specify.

Recall, it was planned that the first flight of the fighter will be held on Thursday, January 28, but it was postponed for a day. The reasons for such decision was taken, in the headquarters of the Far Eastern Association Air Force and Air Defense did not say.

Tests PAK FA airfield aviation production association "Dry" in Komsomolsk-on-Amur began in December 2009. Then the fighter, also known as T-50 and article 701, made its first run.

Official data on the technical characteristics of fifth generation fighter is not disclosed, and no reliable information about its appearance. Assumed that the new aircraft will be equipped with precision weapons, can hit any target in any conditions and will have little noticeable for equipment tracking.

Earlier, Deputy Defense Minister Vladimir Popovkin has suggested that the armed forces can begin to purchase the fifth generation fighter in 2015.

Links
- First flight of fifth-generation fighter was postponed for a day - Lenta.ru, 28.01.2010
- First flight of fifth-generation fighter was appointed on January 28 - Lenta.ru, 28.01.2010
- Named a new date for first flight of fifth-generation fighter - Lenta.ru, 27.01.2010
- Began testing fifth-generation fighter - Lenta.ru, 24.12.2009
- RF Air Force will receive fifth-generation fighter in 2015 - Lenta.ru, 19.09.2009

Thats the google translation. But the aircraft flew today!!

Fifth-generation fighter made its first flight

MOSCOW, January 29 - RIA Novosti. Rossiiskii fifth-generation fighter - a promising aviation complex tactical aircraft - commit on Friday its first flight, told RIA Novosti by telephone source in the aviation production association named after YA Gagarin (KnAAPO, Komsomolsk-on-Amur).

"The flight lasted for about 40 minutes," - the source said.

Fifth-generation fighter under development since the 1990's. New aviation complex will have several unique features: clock, all weather and stealth applications, low visibility and long-term supersonic flight. The aircraft will get a new on-board navigation station and a highly automated system of defense.

Plane at the end of last year made his first jog in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

Deputy Defense Minister Vladimir Popovkin said earlier that the new generation fighter will begin to come into Russia's troops in 2015.

Other planes in the photographic tape Fighters, "amphibians" and other "iron birds" flying down to the MAX>>

RIA Novosti

:fans::fans::fans::fans::fans::fans::fans::fans:

Pics will be available in 2-3 hrs from now. Stay posted!!

Fifth-generation fighter made its first flight

MOSCOW, January 29 - RIA Novosti. Rossiiskii fifth-generation fighter - a promising aviation complex tactical aircraft - commit on Friday its first flight, told RIA Novosti by telephone source in the aviation production association named after YA Gagarin (KnAAPO, Komsomolsk-on-Amur).

"The flight lasted for about 40 minutes," - the source said.

Fifth-generation fighter under development since the 1990's. New aviation complex will have several unique features: clock, all weather and stealth applications, low visibility and long-term supersonic flight. The aircraft will get a new on-board navigation station and a highly automated system of defense.

Plane at the end of last year made his first jog in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

Deputy Defense Minister Vladimir Popovkin said earlier that the new generation fighter will begin to come into Russia's troops in 2015.

Other planes in the photographic tape Fighters, "amphibians" and other "iron birds" flying down to the MAX>>

RIA Novosti

:fans::fans::fans::fans::fans::fans::fans::fans:
Finally it went up and landed safely again! Can't wait for the pics!

Hazoor ko PAKFA ke darshan karayein jaayein...

Please post the pics ASAP guys... I am delaying my march to office for an hour. Hopefully will get to see it by then :)

PAK-FA landed after a successful flight!! Confirmed on Sukhoi forums!!
Flew for approx 40 mins
:cheers:

Great !!
4156763eecd1e7202a34b322a61834ea.gif

I am waiting for the pic's..... :pop:

I keep refreshing the page like every 10 minutes hoping for a pic. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom