What's new

PAK-FA Pictures and Videos

After some research on net i got this -

1b98544ab1b19876a27aa651d493a002.jpg

These are old B1-B Lancer intakes.

May be Russians figured out this will work perfectly,
Hiding Engine blades like B1-b intakes as in above Pic + what we are seeing in those controversial pic are Radar blockers like Yf23+F18+XF32 had.
Perfect technique to Stealth is this combination -Angled duct+Radar blocker+ram coating

9fa3be71f98fb4b6b8663c8984d1aab3.jpg

those who Doubt Russian Engineers look at this Mig1.44 pic 15 years old
Watch for S-shaped Intake.
a858444ade789a2029f8f8bb8b1391d3.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
^^^Insiders from a Russian forum have said that the aircraft in the picture is the T-50-1 which did not come with the radar blockers; however, the T-50-KNS has them installed. Moreover, changes to the air duct are probable, the T-50-KNS is said to have a 3D coaxial labyrinth radar blocker, if this is true this will be an aggressive radar blocker sure to fully conceal the compressor blades. There are many methods Sukhoi can use to hide the compressor, the s-shape, conventional radar blockers, coaxial labyrinth radar blockers, or they can move the engines closer together.

Here is the radar blocker that may be used, it's a little more advanced than your average radar blocker. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this on another forum regarding the latest Pak Fa pics:

insiders have spoken at Paralay's forum, and that's what they say:

* This is T-50-1, it's leaked and someone's head's gonna roll (there was another photo with bay doors opened, but it didn't spread)
* What we see is indeed the engine front: as I suspected, for the airframe testing it was decided to drop the engine shielding completely
* The configuration is nowhere close to the final, and will be changed, perhaps rather dramatically, including the shape of a duct
* The radar blocker will be installed into the intake, which is NOT the fan-like contraption we often see, but a 3D coaxial labyrinth
* The radar blocker is already designed and produced, but now is installed only on T-50-KNS, and is absent on the T-50-1
* The radar blocker significantly alters the airflow in the inlet duct
and current engines on T-50-1 aren't optimized for it => power drop
* That's why it isn't installed on the airworthy prototype, which suggests that it still uses older 117S engines

there is a question there is no visible weapons bay underneath the plane like f22 or i just dont see it...

Found this on another forum regarding the latest Pak Fa pics:

Just looks like mere speculation - what others are doing
Any proof or link to Nail it.
Sancho did you read my assumption-what do you think

Just looks like mere speculation - what others are doing
Any proof or link to Nail it.
Sancho did you read my assumption-what do you think
Hi Prateek, see I don't havy any doubts about the capabilities of Russian engineers and I know that things like radar blockers...can be added and will most likely.
The 3D coaxial labyrinth radar blocker for example sounds very interesting and more advanced than those used from Boeing (check the video posted by ptldM3) and I wonder if something like this would be possible.

The big problem is that the project is only at it's early stage and nobody can say what is to come, but imo still a looooooot of work is still to do especially in terms of stealth. Of course they can make ducted air intakes, even the Su 47 Berkut has them and exactly that fighter is the yardstick with what I am comparing Pak Fa, not like others with the US F22, F35..., because we saw at Su 47 what the Russians could do, so I expected more than that from Pak Fa of course.
At the moment, allthough I find the Pak Fa prototypes very promising, the stealth features (as far as we can tell) are not really impressive!
For example the rounded engine covers like normal Flankers, the internal weapon bay, that is not on a level with the engine bottom sides, compare that to Su 47:

03b402478ab46bd3f6f8e3ec140632fb.jpg

a69e06c6e94b91fcde1b4eff9a304439.jpg

ce95a91f78bb3f48bd9018b86e2b41e9.gif

One smooth level, if the sides of the air intake and fuselage would be angled, it would be clearly better in terms of stealth design right?

We also can compare the difference in engine and weapon bay positions, because Pak Fa uses the space between the engines for weapons, just like the Flankers used before. Su 47 instead had both engines directly besides each other and the weapon bay in front of them, which made a better duct for the air intakes possible.
So good internal weapon bay and ducted air intake design is nothing that the Russians can't do, but it is surprising to me that Pak Fa used this way and is not more based of the Su 47.

My guess is still, that the final Pak Fa version will have a different fuselage design and most likely 2 internal weapon bays, that can be used also as 1, for longer A2G missiles like Kh 35, Kh 58, or even a smaller version of Brahmos. Also a better stealth designed fuselage, a ducted air intake, or something like the 3D radar blocker.
We must keep in mind the huge size of Pak Fa, so stealth, to avoid radar detection must be a major point without any compromise!

Can you explain please what the picture shows? Which part of Pak Fa is it?

^^^That pic has nothing to do with the pak-fa.

It appears that the latest picture of the exposed engine could be a photoshop.

http://img440.imageshack.us/i/5618152900800montaza.jpg/

The lower pic is a pic from the engine manufacturer's website, look closely the two pictures match perfectly, even the shadows. The only problem i see is the picture of the supposed photoshop isn't as high resolution as the pictures i posted, but i suppose digital enhancement could explain that.

Who knows what to beleive the pics i posted could be a photoshop for all i know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom