What's new

PAK-FA : photos and videos

The T-50-1 prototype is not build for rcs testing, thus exposed rivets are visible. All aircraft have rivets even the F-35 and F-22. However, those aircraft covered their rivets, lets look at the F-35:

I used to think that the "rivet party" was an uniquely Chinese thing but it looks like they've got them in Nicaragua as well lol. Correct me if am wrong but I think the rivets on the F-22 are covered by the stealth coating?

The T-50-1 prototype is not build for rcs testing, thus exposed rivets are visible. All aircraft have rivets even the F-35 and F-22. However, those aircraft covered their rivets, lets look at the F-35

Same with the YF-23..
well I have seen the F-35 with rivets(never on a flight test.:whistle: ) but I haven't seen the Raptor or the YF-22/23, do you have pics...:P

What makes you think that a treated canopy build to absorb radar waves has to be gold? The F-35's canopy is not gold.

And what makes you think the pak-fa does not have a treated canopy? Even the SU-35 has a treated canopy..
well the king of the hill(Raptor) have it right now so that must mean somthing...:azn: and Yes I have seen some planes(F-16/SU-35 with treated canopy)

No RAM, no problem, it has been established that the T-50-1 is a prototype build for aerodynamics, so it's pointless to apply RAM, especially when the aircraft is fitted with a dozen test sensors outside of the aircraft that hurt the rcs, so applying RAM would be utterly pointless.
well I guess you are right and I am too obsessed with good looking Birds....:cry: I guess I will have to wait to see those goodies....:cheers:

Even the defunct YF-23 craftsmanship far exceeds the crude T-50, not only on the craftsmanship but the stealth design seems far superior also and they are both prototype stage planes.

After 20+ years this Awsome bird still looking like a futuristic space craft, I wonder why havent the Chinese Bribe somebody at Boeing to get the design? undecided:

I'm sorry.. but what YF-23 craftsmanship are you talking about here?

YF-23_87-0801_017.jpg

49.jpg

08-USAFM-YF23.jpg

09-USAFM-YF23-15.jpg

08-USAFM-YF23-7.jpg

Photo credit to original uploader MSphere of keypub.
This is how YF-23 looks like without the paste covering rivets and RAM coatings. Compare this to T-50-1 prototypes. T-50-1 is painted now but there is no RAM or special coatings on rivets.

well I have seen the F-35 with rivets(never on a flight test.:whistle: ) but I haven't seen the Raptor or the YF-22/23, do you have pics...:P

Sure.... I can post for Raptor also.

ENJOY
fit1.jpg

fit2.jpg

17spine.jpg

Photo credit to original uploader MSphere of keypub.

The above pics show Raptor with RAM coatings and covered rivets(well...kind of).

well I have seen the F-35 with rivets(never on a flight test.:whistle: )

Sorry to burst that bubble...
f35_af-1_1stflight.jpg

Same bird posted by ptldM3 during a flight test. The bottom line is... they all start like this and end up being the beautiful piece of art in the end. T-50 is nowhere near that end stage yet.

I'm sorry.. but what YF-23 craftsmanship are you talking about here?.

No fair...:no: the poor bird has being neglected for 20 years, and guess what? even at that neglected point you could say the Russian are barely keeping up, we will have to wait to see the Polished T-50...:pop:

Sorry to burst that bubble...
I'll get you fot that...:sniper:

T-50 is nowhere near that end stage yet.
I guess the T-50 its alot like me then, ALL go and No Show, I used to Own a beat up 1979 Trans Am with a 455 c.i or 7000+cc with a 4 barrel carburator, I was beating the Bejesus out of new corvettes and Hondas Type-R's....:devil: But guess what? hot chicks thought they were faster since they looked so cool....:cry:

"Indo-Russian Fifth Gen Fighter? Best Of Luck With That!"\\

Michael R. Griswold, director of advanced development programmes at Lockheed-Martin was in Delhi recently and met the press for an update on the company's offerings in the Indian MMRCA competition. He spoke at a time when there's been a measure of discussion on the web about the notion that India would do better to buy the F-35 instead of 126 fourth generation fighters. The suggestion was followed by the Defence Secretary outright debunking the possibility of India acquiring a fifth generation fighter other than the PAK_FA/FGFA. Well Mr Griswold said he wasn't equipped to talk about the F-35 for India, but couldn't resist a barb. Nobody can in the airplane business anymore. "The fifth generation JV with Russia? Yeah, well all I can say is best of luck with that," Griswold said.

what does he mean by the above statement

Seems like Mr. Griswold wants to undermine the FGFA/PAK-FA, so that he can market the F-35 later on in India.

Indian FGFA will be real challenge for American F-22 : German Defense Expert Helmut Hirsch

“Indian FGFA will be real challenge for American F-22 ” claims German Defense Expert Helmut Hirsch , MR Hirsch in private conversation with our Admin ( idrw.org) , have said that FGFA which will be based on T-50 / Pak-FA will have major design changes to its fuselage due to twin pilot configuration and Indian Expertise in Composite will only enchance Stealth characters of the Aircraft .

MR Hirsch believes that Russians have compromised on stealth to keep the aircraft more maneuverable and under a tight budget to keep per aircraft cost under control , Russians simply cannot afford to have such a expensive plane in large numbers , but Indians seems to have realized that and will be doing 30 % of the design changes to improve stealth characters of the aircraft .

When asked if Indian Version will be more stealthy ? MR Hirsch seems confident on that matter , MR Hirsch also believes that real challenge for F-22 will come from Indian FGFA rather than F-35 or Chinese J-XX. MR Hirsch also adds that Indians will add best of technology (Avionics / Radars / Weapons ) from west in their version which makes it even more lethal then F-35 and a real challenge for F-22′s Superiority .

MR Hirsch also added that F-22 is excellent aircraft but production of it which will stop just under 200 makes any one believe that aircraft has some real issues which have been kept under wraps but issues of rusting in airframe has already surfaced , and recent reports of USAF already looking for F-22 Replacement by 2030 all points to that direction .

MR Hirsch was also critical of F-35 , and slammed it for being over priced and expensive , and also went on to say that European countries who will ultimately purchase it and are partners in the program could have built among them self a better 5th Gen fighter just like Euro-fighter which he believes can take on F-35 in BVR fight .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom