What's new

Pak-Bosnia discuss defence cooperation

These elements contributed negatively at the end of the day. Most of them were hard core fighters.
Not really homie.

They were mostly families.... men women and children.. in fact we had a member on PDF who lived in Pakistan for sometime.

The were first settled in Islamabad.. later moved to Abbotabad region .: and finally went back to their country.

Seems completely unrealistic that Bosnia would ever get the JF-17 (Al-Khalid tank, on the other hand, might be realistic). Bosnia's GDP is actually shown as 16.56 billion USD. But that's not what's important. You have to look at the GDP of the Federation of Bosnia (2.2 million people). If I am not mistaken the Federation's GDP is about 2/3rds of Bosnia.

Then you have the Republika Srpska (RS) (1.4 million people), an entity created and maintained through ethnic cleansing and genocide of Bosniaks. RS, if I got this correct, is about 1/3rd of the Bosnia's GDP. If it was just the RS, Bosnia would be fine, but the RS has the full backing of Serbia and, during the 1990s, had the de-facto backing of Europe because Bosnia's right to self-defense was denied through the embargo (at a time when the Serb army had the entire Yugoslav Army's weapons arsenal).

If there's to be another war, the most likely reason (by far) would be the RS declaring independence from Bosnia. In the last couple of years, there has been a lot of talk and threats from the RS that they would do this. Bosniaks have a problem with that because the land that the RS encompasses is territory taken over through war crimes against Bosniaks. A large number of the bodies remain unfound, scattered throughout the RS because their army hid their bodies.

Besides not having fighter jets, I suspect (although I don't know anything about military) Bosnian army's other problem is that their military is very small. I think for the entire country, the military is like 12-13 thousand. A portion of that is the RS army and another portion is the Croat army.

If that is the case you guys seriously need to send every able bodied man into military training and also start to build your arms as soon as possible. I'd start with tanks and heavy artillery.

ISLAMABAD, Feb 11 (APP): Bosnian Ambassador Nedim Mekarvic called on Secretary Defence Lt. General (Retd) Asif Yasin Malik here Tuesday at the defence ministry where both sides emphasized towards enhancing defence ties specially with reference to defence collaboration and cooperation. According to a press release issued here, the Secretary Defence during the meeting said Pakistan defence industry was now highly developed and capable of producing low cost and high quality equipment. “We have acquired technology of highest standards at competitive price,” he added.Malik said Pakistan had manpower and skilled workers to provide support in repair and maintenance, the capacity of which could be exploited.
He further added that shipping industry in Pakistan was quite significant and Bosnia can look towards cooperation in raising its maritime force, training its crew, maintaining naval assets and enhancing overhaul and repair capacity.
Bosnian Ambassador commended the level of skill and technology that Pakistan had acquired and hoped that previous draft agreements would be worked towards early finalization.
“Bosnia and Pakistan have many avenues of cooperation to be explored. We can cooperate in training, joint ventures, education, technical literature and joint exercise for disaster management,” he added.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Pak-Bosnia discuss defence cooperation
We have unique relation with them in past and will have bright future. We are with you brother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-Services_Intelligence_activities_in_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

Our whole products open to you and take what ever you want

Like I said in another post on this forum, I'm doing research on today's Bosnian Army. However, I am completely familiar with the history of the Bosnian Army.

At its height in February 1995, the Bosnian Army had 200,000+ soldiers, but because of the arms embargo, only 50,000 were armed and none were fully armed. If you think about that for a second, that means 150,000 soldiers could not have been put to any serious use in the defense of the country. The Serb Army had 80,000-94,000 fully armed soldiers. In addition to that, there was about 4,000 foreign volunteer fighters (mainly Russia, Greece, & Bulgaria) and a couple of Serb paramilitary groups (e.g., Arkan's Tigers) whose numbers totaled in the 1,000s.

We lacked heavy weapons. In 1995, we only had 40 tanks and 30 APCs. The Serbs had 330 tanks and 400 APCs at that time--Basically at our best we were outgunned 10 to 1 in terms of tanks and APCs. Given that the Bosnian Army started out with, more or less, nothing at the beginning of the war, this was still better (much of the weapons were captured from the enemy). The Serbs were targeting civilians and executing unarmed men and boys. Many of the Serb soldiers were low on morale and were deserting the army (but not in the beginning of the war). Towards the end of the war the Serbs were on the back foot and losing territory rapidly (like most wars, this war too had a turning point).

In short, the Bosnian Army was on it's way to recovering the territory the Serbs had captured through war crimes. One reason why that was happening is also that the (Bosnian) Croats and Bosnians stopped fighting each other (although it would take some time before the Croats started fully fighting the Serbs after that). If you divide the war in a beginning, middle, and end, the Bosnians and (Bosnian) Croats were fighting each other in the middle part of the war. The Croats had about 50,000 soldiers. To make a long story short, at the point when the Bosnian Army was winning the war, the West stepped in and essentially saved the RS from defeat by forcing us sign a treaty (Dayton Accord) that recognized RS as an entity within Bosnia. President Bill Clinton even threatened to bomb the Bosnian Army if they continued taking back territory that the Serbs acquired through war crimes.

If that is the case you guys seriously need to send every able bodied man into military training and also start to build your arms as soon as possible. I'd start with tanks and heavy artillery.

In 2002, the Croat & Bosniak Army of the Federation of Bosnia and the Bosnian Serb Army of Republika Srpska were unified into one army. But within this unified army, each soldier has their own insignia based on their ethnicity: Bosniak, Serb, or Croat. Also, there is an allocated number of soldiers that have to be in the army. For example, back in 2004 it was 12,000 active (& 60,000 reserve): 8,000 (5,576 Bosniaks, 2,424 Croats) from the Federation of Bosnia and 4,000 (4,000 Serbs) from Republika Srpska (and similar allocation for the reserves). I think that in July 2006 the President of Bosnia signed a law which limits the total army size of the Bosnian military. At that point, the decision was to limit the army to 16,000, but I think it may have changed since then to an even smaller number. Either way, the decisions to limit the army are probably motivated by the need to join NATO (which the most Serbs don't want to do). The decision, of course, does keep the Serb army small too. However, Serbia is just to our east and could readily supply the (Bosnian) Serbs with weapons and men (like they did in the 90s) in the event of war. Although the Bosnian Army (all three ethnicities) is small, it is well-equipped, well-trained, and led by highly qualified officers. That is a world of difference better than the position Bosniaks were in back in 1992.

Like I said in another post on this forum, I'm doing research on today's Bosnian Army. However, I am completely familiar with the history of the Bosnian Army.

At its height in February 1995, the Bosnian Army had 200,000+ soldiers, but because of the arms embargo, only 50,000 were armed and none were fully armed. If you think about that for a second, that means 150,000 soldiers could not have been put to any serious use in the defense of the country. The Serb Army had 80,000-94,000 fully armed soldiers. In addition to that, there was about 4,000 foreign volunteer fighters (mainly Russia, Greece, & Bulgaria) and a couple of Serb paramilitary groups (e.g., Arkan's Tigers) whose numbers totaled in the 1,000s.

We lacked heavy weapons. In 1995, we only had 40 tanks and 30 APCs. The Serbs had 330 tanks and 400 APCs at that time--Basically at our best we were outgunned 10 to 1 in terms of tanks and APCs. Given that the Bosnian Army started out with, more or less, nothing at the beginning of the war, this was still better (much of the weapons were captured from the enemy). The Serbs were targeting civilians and executing unarmed men and boys. Many of the Serb soldiers were low on morale and were deserting the army (but not in the beginning of the war). Towards the end of the war the Serbs were on the back foot and losing territory rapidly (like most wars, this war too had a turning point).

In short, the Bosnian Army was on it's way to recovering the territory the Serbs had captured through war crimes. One reason why that was happening is also that the (Bosnian) Croats and Bosnians stopped fighting each other (although it would take some time before the Croats started fully fighting the Serbs after that). If you divide the war in a beginning, middle, and end, the Bosnians and (Bosnian) Croats were fighting each other in the middle part of the war. The Croats had about 50,000 soldiers. To make a long story short, at the point when the Bosnian Army was winning the war, the West stepped in and essentially saved the RS from defeat by forcing us sign a treaty (Dayton Accord) that recognized RS as an entity within Bosnia. President Bill Clinton even threatened to bomb the Bosnian Army if they continued taking back territory that the Serbs acquired through war crimes.
Don't worry brother, West hypocrisy will soon end and we East are now rising

Back
Top Bottom