What's new

Pak blocks two key SAARC pacts

When all other countries agreed to the pacts, I don't see the reason behind Pakistan's refusal!! It will be good for the region. I think India should go for bilateral relation with other countries.

Sri Lanka: Highly praised India's effort to destroy LTTE. Friendl govt in place.

Bangladesh: Friendly govt. People to people communication very good.

Nepal: Dependent on India. Nepalis join Indian Army and fight for India. Friendly country.

Bhutan: Highly dependent on India. Uprooted anti-India's elements with the help of Indian forces. Very friendly govt.

Myanmar: Friendly govt. Deep economic and military relation.

Maldives: Very friendly relation. People want to come to India if Maldives go under water by 2050.

OK Gentlemen, Back to topic.

It is important to understand the concerns of Pakistan. If resolving Kashmir is the central idea around which Pakistan revolves, then we can expect little progress in SAARC. Some people had a vision of SAARC becoming a block that can deliver prosperity as the economic block of Europe does to its members.

India and Pakistan are both responsible for the current state of affairs but Pakistan should move on beyond Kashmir and India should resolve issues that are more easily resolvable even if Pakistan acts like a naughty kid brother.

What is the worst thing that Pakistan fear ? Indian invasion ! Does Pakistan not have WMD ? Why does Pakistan strangle its own benefit if it also benefits India. If Europe can resolve its differences and work as an economic block in spite of differences, why not SAARC.

Current state is not just senseless, it is sad.

Look who's talking.... Mr. Sensible, Is India's Illegal Occupation of Kashmir (The root cause of tension in the region) Alright?

Just Keep on dreaming, Before you Stop human misery in Kashmir nothing ''Sensible'' you should expect from Pakistan.

Last edited:
Look who's talking.... Mr. Sensible, Is India's Illegal Occupation of Kashmir (The root cause of tension in the region) Alright?

Just Keep on dreaming, Before you Stop human misery in Kashmir nothing ''Sensible'' you should expect from Pakistan.

Did you even read what he said before hitting the reply button??? Kashmir is a dispute between India and Pakistan....There is no point in carrying on with SAARC if this issue is going to decide the fate of this organization...Why to waste time and money of rest of the members....Simply scrap it till India and Pak resolve issues and then create any such organization..or else learn to move forward with disputes....The loss is not Indian loss but for SAARC as a whole which Pakistan is a party to...

I wonder How kashmir issue effects Bhutan or Bangladesh or Sri Lanka???

Plz enlighten me:cheers:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom