What's new

Featured Pak Army wins international military drill competition in UK for 3rd consecutive year

Most posters here seem to be very naive and young hence are making foolish statements with out trying to understand the idea behind the whole system perfected over centuries to make Pakistan army what it is today.
In that whole system drill sgt./ stick compition are a very small but very important cog. Discipline is the foundation of an army.

The most important aspect of an outstanding army that defreanciates it from the others is discipline.
A cadet ( soldier or an officer) when they enter their respective academy/centers are broken down and remodeled. In that whole process drills are one of the main exercises that instill discipline in a cadet.
Completely agree. These are excellent disciplines for the reasons stated, and should be appropriately funded, not excessively of course. If folks wish to free up money for armoured vehicles, I understand that, but that can easily start with a trimming down of unnecessary five-star leisure facilities. I'd rather we sold off some golf courses than our traditions.

Are you stupid?
I specifically mentioned "Stick walking" which is a colonial tradition and has ZERO contribution to keeping a military disciplined. US ISRAEL CHINA RUSSIA do not practice this stupid tradition of walking straight along with a giant compass and yet they are the most disciplined and powerful armies in the world.
You are a perfect example of those who fell flat to imperialist system just to please their gora masters.

I don't think you get what pace sticking is. When formations drill, which is an essential part of their military bearing and routine (and all countries, US, China, Russia etc. do this), they have to move with precision. The pacing competition allows our senior training staff (JCOs/NCOs) who are assigned the job of drill and parade in the military academies to excel at this so they can teach the same to the officer cadets and troops under training.

Parade, drill is the fundamental building block of military life. Pace sticking is the mechanism through which the training staff and their charges learn how to impeccably move in sync when in formation.

The sticks measure the size of each step. As an example, Chinese do it this way:
1603484861871.png

1603484901483.png

Idea is to get the formation to move completely in synch. This is what pace sticking is all about. There is benefit in it. Other traditions that were found to be alien to our Islamic culture were phased out. There are countless other things that I can take up issue with but pace sticking isn't one.

Amreekis have very exacting drill standards down to exact measurement of how big or small a step has to be during drill. In case of interest, see this:

Last edited:
I don't think you get what pace sticking is. When formations drill, which is an essential part of their military bearing and routine (and all countries, US, China, Russia etc. do this), they have to move with precision. The pacing competition allows our senior training staff (JCOs/NCOs) who are assigned the job of drill and parade in the military academies to excel at this so they can teach the same to the officer cadets and troops under training.

Parade, drill is the fundamental building block of military life. Pace sticking is the mechanism through which the training staff and their charges learn how to impeccably move in sync when in formation.

The sticks measure the size of each step. As an example, Chinese do it this way:
View attachment 682157

View attachment 682158

Idea is to get the formation to move completely in synch. This is what pace sticking is all about. There is benefit in it. Other traditions that were found to be alien to our Islamic culture were phased out. There are countless other things that I can take up issue with but pace sticking isn't one.

Amreekis have very exacting drill standards down to exact measurement of how big or small a step has to be during drill. In case of interest, see this:

Their is absolutely no problem with measuring your foot steps, using sticks to keep straight line but problem is following the traditions of imperial masters. You can keep your army disciplined without having to use a stupid giant compass.

Back
Top Bottom