What's new

Pak-Army Toyotas and other Pickup Trucks are not useless after all.

Metal 0-1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It is true in our COIN operation days many precious lives were lost due to these Pickups Trucks and Land Rover Defenders. We lately ended up buying MRAPs for front lines. We were just wrong about the task of these pickups. They don't belong in Convoys in hostile areas but these are really good in other tasks. I came across the video on YouTube which explains further.
Note: Narrator will also mention the IED dodging trick

The Toyota’s are definitely useful for transport outside Operational areas, all militaries use such vehicles.
Using them un the warzone was a compromise our armed forces had to make back when they barely had any money and no one would sell them anything. Now there’s hundreds and hundreds of MRAPS for this purpose.

The Toyota’s are definitely useful for transport outside Operational areas, all militaries use such vehicles.
Using them un the warzone was a compromise our armed forces had to make back when they barely had any money and no one would sell them anything. Now there’s hundreds and hundreds of MRAPS for this purpose.
Love that part when Chadians found if we drive our trucks at 100 km/h IED/Mine is dodged....

Last edited:
Yeah I think I posted the toyota war video on my toyota thread.
It is true in our COIN operation days many precious lives were lost due to these Pickups Trucks and Land Rover Defenders. We lately ended up buying MRAPs for front lines. We were just wrong about the task of these pickups. They don't belong in Convoys in hostile areas but these are really good in other tasks. I came across the video on YouTube which explains further.
Note: Narrator will also mention the IED dodging trick

How many MRAPS are in service with PA?

One of Pakistan Army's Pick up also met an accident at IDEAS 2018

Here is the link:-

One of Pakistan Army's Pick up also met an accident at IDEAS 2018

Here is the link:-
Irrelevant but Shit happens even to the best. A experienced pilot can do mistake while inserting troops. But your mission is your first priority than you can do something about toppled vehicle.

Total 50,and it is still 50 short of being 100.
Several sources give different information. Wikipedia says 360 on one Pak-Army page but 30 Maxxpro and 10 cougars on their respective pages. But common info I found was this which I told you earlier..

Several sources give different information. Wikipedia says 360 on one Pak-Army page but 30 Maxxpro and 10 cougars on their respective pages. But common info I found was this which I told you earlier..
None in active and hot zones.

None in active and hot zones.
upload_2020-3-30_17-50-8.png

Numbers Changed for MaxxPros.
upload_2020-3-30_17-51-56.png

and Cougars as well.
So More than 80 MRAPS are in service GOD knows maybe the number is more..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom