What's new

Pak Army to grow by 180,000; Change to offensive posture?

Well, ....Karachi, Nawabshah and Hyderabad don't need much protection....they are well away from border. We need a strike and holding force in Thatta region that can blunt and thwart any attacks westwards.....if they do their job right, Karachi will need minimum Army power, only logistics capability to supply the forward forces. The current strike corps are at Mangla and Multan. That leaves whole of Sindh out. A third strike corps needs to be raised in Sindh, equipped with fast rolling light-medium tanks and armor that can thrust into Rajasthan backed by MBRL and Howitzers ( though i am not sure what value would holding a bunch of sand bring)

Also, i noticed you mentioned Gwader/Quetta split in your earlier post. Gwader will need it's own division in due time. There must be an individual command for AJK and GB region that i agree.

Hi,

Karachi, Hyderabad, Nawabshah, Thatta---are going to be extremely crucial in any conflict---these places would be one of the prime locations for enemy attack.

I think PA should find officer in civilians, its lot of talent available there and they happy to do work with PA
Civilians can also Join army After getting recommended from ISSB

Five 4-star generals. Just what we need :p:

Imagine having Five Raheel Sharifs! We want five Raheel Sharifs NOWWW!
article-2514631-19AD76B900000578-744_306x463.jpg
UMtG6gKP.jpg

images
images

205641_95115835.jpg
you want 5 Field Armies?:o::o::o:
I always wished we had an Army like Wehrmacht Multiple Army Groups

I will prefer quality over quantity. We already got a lot of quantity but have a lot of room to develop in quality.
Increasing number of heads do not give enough punch in your force as much an advance weapon system.
Increase budget, increase ratio of size/budget.

before it was only eastern border now Pakistan need to secure its western borders as well, to secure entire length of your borders requires quantity

Although the news is not making noise on PDF, it very much should. Pakistan Army has quietly increased the number of officers it inducts in PMA Kakul by 33%. Usually that is done when you are planning to increase your military's size.

It is a slow process of course. It will take at least 5-10 years to implement this change as it inducts an extra battalion of officers each year, currently PMA trains 3 battalions of officers. That is a significant increase in size.

Why do you guys think Pak Army is increasing it's size?

Here are possible reasons:

1. The incoming troops might be deployed in three Strike Corps with offensive objectives in any future war.
2. These troops might be for a future Expeditionary Force with foreign deployment planned. The situation in middle east is becoming worse day by day, and we might deploy these soldiers to KSA or other battlefields in the Middle East.
3. Pakistan is forming a new branch of Army. With new deadly weapons like Nasr being inducted, Pak Fauj might need a new artillery corps with a very specific purpose in mind.
4. Might need extra troops to permanently secure our Eastern border with Afghanistan, as you may already know, currently Pakistan has deployed 150,000 soldiers in KPK and FATA. With these incoming troops, we can turn our focus back to our herbivorous neighbors.
5. The new troops may be used to secure CPEC. But i feel that is highly unlikely, the number of troops deployed by FC are sufficient.

Would like everyone's input on this.

not correct. replacements are needed for the casualties incurred in the long running WOT. many young officers have laid down their lives for the country. also one has to account for the injured in the WOT. many of the injuries are of a serious nature. there was also a shortfall in the number of officers required which prompted the increase in the cadet intake. also factor in the retirements. army will not increase by 180,000, it may actually have to cut the fat in the non-combatant areas.

i think this is for the new strike corps.we need more officers more soldiers.india have 13lakh soldiers,pakistan have 6 and half. we should be at least 9 lakh to defend ourselves from every direction,i mean who knows the future!

i think this is for the new strike corps.we need more officers more soldiers.india have 13lakh soldiers,pakistan have 6 and half. we should be at least 9 lakh to defend ourselves from every direction,i mean who knows the future!

In a recent speech Nawaz said that he will reduce the military size to half if he wins again.

Hi,

Karachi, Hyderabad, Nawabshah, Thatta---are going to be extremely crucial in any conflict---these places would be one of the prime locations for enemy attack.
Sir I already inform you Karachi a=Badin Thatta Nagarparkar are the most easy way for enemy . Run of kutch area is mostly in mud no men land like ...and enemy just 278 Km away from karachi .

Pakistan India next war will be in Kashmir. Rest of border region are pressure points. Where no one can advance but expect a very heavy loss of life from both side. After Kargil operation , PA has more emphasis on developing batter strategy in mountain warfare , where training is more important then adopting most latest weapon.

Not sure about pa but fc raising 79 new wings or battalions plus new security division of 15k all need officers so about 2000 -3000 additional officer needed ??

bad decision, it needs more equipment, a leaner and lethal military
6,60,000 is huge military not counting the 300,000 FC/rangers

i for one would aim to decrease the troops to around 550,000 and train FC to fully handle western front with may be additional couple of divisions in peshawar/quetta

army needs updated tanks, artillery, desperately short of fighters, frigates......dont know whats its thinking

bad decision, it needs more equipment, a leaner and lethal military
6,60,000 is huge military not counting the 300,000 FC/rangers

i for one would aim to decrease the troops to around 550,000 and train FC to fully handle western front with may be additional couple of divisions in peshawar/quetta

army needs updated tanks, artillery, desperately short of fighters, frigates......dont know whats its thinking

FC has one new division raised in KPK and Baluchistan. FC is 2 division strength now.

SSD has been raised and is active now.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom