What's new

Pak Army to grow by 180,000; Change to offensive posture?

Actually in PA shortage of officers is the main reason ............. our passing out senior told us that their are about 85+ shortage of officer in core of EME only ........ so they are taking paying cadets as a SSC and for training PA will send them to quetta form this year onwards.they have bond of 3-7 years

Well, ....Karachi, Nawabshah and Hyderabad don't need much protection....they are well away from border. We need a strike and holding force in Thatta region that can blunt and thwart any attacks westwards.....if they do their job right, Karachi will need minimum Army power, only logistics capability to supply the forward forces. The current strike corps are at Mangla and Multan. That leaves whole of Sindh out. A third strike corps needs to be raised in Sindh, equipped with fast rolling light-medium tanks and armor that can thrust into Rajasthan backed by MBRL and Howitzers ( though i am not sure what value would holding a bunch of sand bring)

Also, i noticed you mentioned Gwader/Quetta split in your earlier post. Gwader will need it's own division in due time. There must be an individual command for AJK and GB region that i agree.
Well im surprised u are saying karachi doesnt need much protection. U do remember how khi port was blocked in 71 war.

Here is another which states the numbers at 617,000

Pakistan Military Strength
Exactly......Read the link u provided once again......The link starts as "Pakistan Armed Forces" which include army,navy ,air force, and marines...
Let me make it clear for u once again.
Armed forces=Army+Navy+Air force,etc
Military = Army +Navy+Air force.
Your link just proves what i am saying here. u are confusing army and the totol number of armed forces.

I think the addition of 180,000 is to incorporate more people from sindh and balochistan since they are very underrepresented
I hope the training and capability of the army doesn't suffer with such an increase in manpower

besides PA doesn't have enough helicopters or armored personnel carrier as of now
adding more soldiers will further strain the existing fleet

in order to have a more offensive posture a military uses mobile, well trained and equipped units supported by a hard hitting air force and navy
I would suggest to divert these resources to equipment and training rather than numbers

Agreed the army can't do much there, but Karachi is perhaps the most vulnerable city in Pakistan due to the overwhelming strength of the Indian navy. The next few years should be the defining times for the Pakistani Navy.

Indian navy cannot do anything about Karachi other than target naval installations or use cruise missiles, against which Pakistan Army cannot do anything because that is not the army's job.
PAF and PN need to protect Karachi. Army's job is land invasion or defense. For example Army needs to protect Lahore from invasion and capture, because it is so close to the border. Not the same case with Karachi. Do you really think Indian Army can come all the way from the border to Karachi?

Besides, any siege of Karachi is going to be useless and brutal. Civilians have more firearms than the whole of Indian Army.

Well im surprised u are saying karachi doesnt need much protection. U do remember how khi port was blocked in 71 war.

Protecting Karachi is Navy and Airforce task. Not Army. Read my above post.

Besides, any siege of Karachi is going to be useless and brutal. Civilians have more firearms than the whole of Indian Army.
Errrrrrrr
Protecting Karachi is Navy and Airforce task. Not Army. Read my above post.
Actually u had written karachi doesnt need protection so it gave the impression tht u think the city faces no risk else i know ports are navy's job, bt i think iknow what umeant.
Btw even wazbro had written, "The next few years should be the defining times for the Pakistani Navy"
Anyways.

Errrrrrrr

Actually u had written karachi doesnt need protection so it gave the impression tht u think the city faces no risk else i know ports are navy's job, bt i think iknow what umeant.
Btw even wazbro had written, "The next few years should be the defining times for the Pakistani Navy"
Anyways.

Navy needs submarines, it needs serious surface capability as well, 5000-6000 tonne frigates with long range SAM and cruise missiles. Corvettes for coastal patrol as well.

Navy needs submarines, it needs serious surface capability as well, 5000-6000 tonne frigates with long range SAM and cruise missiles. Corvettes for coastal patrol as well.
Finally some one here agrees with and what I have been suggesting for really long time now. We need much bigger Navy than a Navy with just 8 New Frigates. We need much bigger we should join new Naval projects with Turkey that Istanbul Class Frigate and TF-2000.

A hesitant query from the 99.8%: had you read my long comment on the composition of the PN?

Our best tanks are stationed in south T-80UD's! So Army think that Hyderabad and Karachi do face areal threat from the East!

Btw we have almost an Armored Division stationed in south!

Hi,

The military has other business ventures as well.

And. .who audits that?..A 200 billion odd economy with an actual 30-40 billion usd to spend overall cannot afford a million personnel army by any stretch of imagination. ..unless it depends totally on outside sources to fund it's defense forces. .plain logic doesn't add up.

A POPULATION OF PAKISTAN SIZE PAKISTAN MUST HAVE A STANDING 1 MILLION ARMY AT ANY COST .

And. .who audits that?..A 200 billion odd economy with an actual 30-40 billion usd to spend overall cannot afford a million personnel army by any stretch of imagination. ..unless it depends totally on outside sources to fund it's defense forces. .plain logic doesn't add up.

Okay---so what is the issue.

Now its a good time to induct more urduspeakers from sindh to bury the MQM propaganda of army that they dont induct urduspeakers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom