What's new

PAF visited by Swedish Air Force

Not to mention that Sweden has one of the highest living standards in the world and the happiest people....
If we have money I think Sweden will sell us Gripen as it is now rejected by India to Pakistan can get them if we get 50 of those that will be awesome and by the way Sweden has on of the most high rate of Suicide despite such great wealth

If we have money I think Sweden will sell us Gripen as it is now rejected by India to Pakistan can get them if we get 50 of those that will be awesome and by the way Sweden has on of the most high rate of Suicide despite such great wealth

Why should we buy something that got rejected by India only now to be offered to Pakistan and that too if it happens. Let the swedes enjoy their special relation with India. We are better off with JF-17 and J-10.

Why should we buy something that got rejected by India only now to be offered to Pakistan and that too if it happens. Let the swedes enjoy their special relation with India. We are better off with JF-17 and J-10.
Sir new technology and more fire power is always welcomed and if we can get them with TOT that will be great and can help us in future if want to develop some more war planes on our own

Sir new technology and more fire power is always welcomed and if we can get them with TOT that will be great and can help us in future if want to develop some more war planes on our own

You cant have hundred different types of planes in your inventory for novelty's sake.. It will be a maintenance and training nightmare.. PAF's strategy of JF 17 and J 10 is right on the dot..Dont get enamored with sexy stuff... Simplicity works best..

Sir,

Happiness is related to free and un-adulterated SEX---if pakistanis had as much sex without any restrictions---we would also be one of the happiest nation.

Society without rules is no different than a bunch of animals in a jungle. Besides our old friends have these things and are they the happiest in the world ?

Sir,

Happiness is related to free and un-adulterated SEX---if pakistanis had as much sex without any restrictions---we would also be one of the happiest nation.
Quoted for truth.

Its only a formal visit by the swedes. Members here are again jumping the gun with gripen talk.
Hold your horses until more detailsof talks, if any, are released.

You cant have hundred different types of planes in your inventory for novelty's sake.. It will be a maintenance and training nightmare.. PAF's strategy of JF 17 and J 10 is right on the dot..Dont get enamored with sexy stuff... Simplicity works best..

u mean as in the IAF - russian, french,anglo-french,american,brazilian

its probably a 'bi-lateral' visit - an exchange of information - they (swedes) may be interested in the induction/performance of the Saab erieye - the swedish AF has no control over the sale of the Gripen. if Saab officials are part of the visiting team then its another story.

Society without rules is no different than a bunch of animals in a jungle. Besides our old friends have these things and are they the happiest in the world ?

Hi,

Thank you for your comment---so where do you place pakistan on the moral ladder.

We should buy missiles, radars, and jet engines. I love the Gripen 39 that they have but i think over time our JF-17 will evolve into something better. Now that India rejected their offer for the MMRCA tender, we now have the chance to go back to our defence relations with them.

Take the best out of the rejects? why would PAF do such a thing...

Take the best out of the rejects? why would PAF do such a thing...
Sir plane rejected by you doesn't mean that the plane is not good it only tell that plane was not or does not full fill Indian Requirements other wise among 4th generation planes JAS 39 comes in top 5

u mean as in the IAF - russian, french,anglo-french,american,brazilian

Yes.............

I think IAF has too many plane types in its inventory.. Though they seem to be on track to rationalize it down to a single platform in each category (light - LCA, medium-Rafale, heavy Su 30 and stealth - FGFA.. ).. but getting rid of legacy platforms is going to take time

For the same reason Sweden will not sell there new technology to Pakistan. There is always fear of tech theft by china if something sold to Pakistan. USA keep there agents to guard there F16 in Pakistan.

While most of us (including me) were amonst to smash the decision of PAF opting for Falcon rather than Grippen but over the years a bitter reality has emerged. While Sweeds offer better terms than US, why hasn't so the grippen been more successful? reasons may be there but a reality is that restricted the market, the more burdensome it becomes to operate a platform for forseeable future. Its famous with saab that, "who will pay the money for upgrades?" so essentially when you're the lone rider, you'll be the one to effectively fund the future. We all wonder why JFT and J-10 share so much togather? has JFT been using something different than J-10, all the funding burden would have fallen on PAF. AVIC did it cleaverly by mixing up technologies from J-10,J-11 and JFT to benifit from broader funding for the good of all.

this thread should not be made another jft vs gripen thread --

i doubt the effectiveness of gripen would be more than jft blk2 [right from the start or maybe after an mlu] -- the money should be diverted to j10b which would become far more effective than gripen, yet it would cost us less --

f16,jft,j10b are enough 4.5 generation platforms-- a fifth gen fighter should be a bigger priority as pakfa will give iaf a full generation advantage --

Back
Top Bottom