What's new

PAF to recruit maximum local youth from Balochistan

Dear X-Man, As i know all what is required is intelligent, medicaly fit, desciplened, dedicated Pakistani! perhaps with affection with flying!
Rest is education and training at PAF academies!
Is their some thing else when you mentioned right stuff?
I agree to the part that there should be no quota system... i always wonder why such new things related to armed forces keep poping up in small tenure of present govt.!!!
It all started by exposing the defense spending details to public, than slashing defence budget to refusing to finance production of JF-17 etc. I hope its just co-incidence!

So is it in indian armed forces and sports. don't bother to disagree.

:no:
Cricket?
Hockey?
IAF?
Army?
Navy?

I cannot think of any situations big that matter, where one group dominates in India.......

In Pakistan Punjab, Peshawar and Karachi resides the largest population of Pakistan. does it make any sense to you?

Look at your cricket team as an example. I cannot recall, but i think Danish Kaneria is the only one not Punjabi.
You are very ill Informed I mean do really think Shahid Afridi,Yonus Khan,Umer Gul,Hanif Muhammd,Fawad Alam ............ and list goes on) are punjabis? ,Danish Kaneria however is only Non Muslim in National squad currently the other was Muhammad Yosuf(Yosuf Yohana previously) who converted to Islam.
Anyways back to topic,its great to recruit more people from Balochistan,specially in Army the Balochs are well known for their fighting skills.However as far as merit is concerned I fully agree with X_man.

Last edited:
There was something about preference or confirmed local vacancies in the coast guard section.

Hope they would be next in this decision making process.

I was invited to Coast Guards passing out parade day before and there were quite a few Baloch recruits, infact a Sikh got third position which was nice to see. A friend of mine is commanding a battalion, visited him last month in Pasni there I came across alot of Baloch Jawans.

The Armed Forces in Pakistan do more than just protect the borders, it would be too simplistic to assume this. For this I would be in favour of making concessions for Baloch youth. There must definitely be a vast Baloch representation in the Armed Forces, it will go a long way in mending relations.

Also, it doesn't hurt the Army or Air Force in any way, they're looking to increase their ranks, might as well be with Balochis. Now, Baloch numbers will never match those of Punjabis, Blochis form just 10% of our population, but they definitely must be encouraged, from a young age, to think about the Armed Forces. It really is the best hope for most poor families in Pakistan, unfortunately.

I believe the Frontier Corp of Balochistan must also increase recruitment, the importance of the FC is underestimated in Pakistan in my opinion. The Army aways seems to steal the show, the FC men always seems to be the unsung heroes. Massive FC recruitment must begin in Balochistan.

Punjabi Domination
Right now, Pakistan = Punjab (is what i see, feel free to disagree)
Of course that's your belief, you and almost every other Indian. That's because you have zero ground exprience, or even independent sources. What you say is what is ground up and fed to you 24/7 365 by your politicians, media, armed forces, religious groups and on and on. Pakistan = Punjab is as ill-informed as me claiming India = Hunduism, but if I said that, you and your chums will throw a hissy fit.

Independent thought is healthy, I encourage you to use it.

Yes, maybe but Punjabi are the largest ethnic group in Pakistan is what I'm saying..... domination as in.

Look at your cricket team as an example. I cannot recall, but i think Danish Kaneria is the only one not Punjabi.
In India, the dominance is religion based, despite claiming to be a secular nation. Armed Forces, politics, etc., we know who is being left out. So stop the "holier than thou" bullsh*t.

Last edited:
i think people need to see this also, may be a few misconceptions can be cleared.

Dear X-Man, As i know all what is required is intelligent, medicaly fit, desciplened, dedicated Pakistani! perhaps with affection with flying!
Batty dear, believe me, it's more than that. :)
Dear CM Raisani

Its good to know that you are taking interests in the youth of your province and want to see them joining PAF in greater numbers in future. However, I would like to know the statistics that how many of young guns from Balochistan are actually willing / interested to apply for PAF in the first hand??? I guess, hardly few.

Sir, PAF is not a charity force that selects the youth on someone’s personal request. Selection process is very competitive, based on equal opportunity and provides same opening for anyone who is willing to take this challenge and comes up to the standards/criterion set for selection.

Youths of Balochistan are most welcome to go thru the selection process BUT they should shed any notion that they will be given preference because they belong to a certain province. Sir, don’t try to bring Quota system into the armed forces and don’t try giving false hopes to youth that they will get preference just by being Balochi.

PAF has got excellent recruitment facilities in Quetta and their teams regularly visit other prominent towns of Balochistan as well looking for talent. If youth are interested and have got the right stuff, surely PAF won’t have any hesitation to induct them.

Xman, i may agree with you but then let's not bring 'charity' into this process. Lowering the standard of armed forces can be devastating, but perhaps a one (may be two time) measure wont hurt. Moreover, the standards are not being lowered to an extent where these would 'harm' the institutions.

Armed forces and those within have earned it, so should others, but then we all know that Balochistan was left behind. i hope you remember that before partition when certain govt jobs were being handed over by the Brits on "open-merit", the system was vigorously challenged an opposed by Liaqat Ali khan on the plea that this step would amount to total annihilation of the Muslims of india, he argued that as the Hindus were more educated and had more access, this open-merit thingy would not allow ANY Muslim from getting the job, and that was true, so we do sometime have to take radical measures, this one being one of them. Though, mind it i am a stanch believer of open-merit and snatching your right away :)!

Lastly, you are absolutely correct that PAF have a recruitment center at quetta (so do the Army), but the issue pertains to the far far far flung areas, those who dont even have water to drink.

those Baluchis sure arent weaklings.....surely they have much to offer.

It isnt like there arent any current/active people from the Province. And they are proven warriors and ultra patriotic.

its about confidence building measures, in order to weed out and ridicule the anti-social elements who are brain-washed to think anti-Pakistan mentality. Small handful of miscreants cannot hi-jack a national unity goal

What about Mohajir/Urdu Speaking from Sindh? PAF/PA and PN should also recuit them. Pakistan arm forces have 70% from Punjab and 29% Pathan and 1% rest of Pakistan.

What about Mohajir/Urdu Speaking from Sindh? PAF/PA and PN should also recuit them. Pakistan arm forces have 70% from Punjab and 29% Pathan and 1% rest of Pakistan.

Nobody stops them from joining the Forces.

And BTW they are not 'rejected' as were the Balochs.

Yes it might be true for Jawan level (who are the majority in PA) but Mohajir/Urdu Speaking are more interested in Offcery, example: PA have and had many Generals from Karachi.

You will find a lot of Pilots , Navel and Army officers from Karachi and as its a industrial city who needs a hard life of a Jawan to make ten thousand per month.

Last edited:
One reason of local People of Sind and Balochistan not joining PA is that they don't wana move from their villages. They want to stay one place all their life.

A Pashtun leaves his village for work even he has to go to Karachi Dubai or join PA for it.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom