What's new

PAF to receive 6 F-16s Block 52+ on 13 Dec 2010

i think pak should try to get high tech aircraft from U.S.A even though there is fair chance of the embargo.this will help pakistan to get to know the advanced technology which can be useful for them to integrate those systems onto their indigenous aircrafts

I think f-16's will be the last high tech fighters from US after that PAF will focus on developing jf-17 and also have more focus on co-operation with China,Turkey and other friendly nations for fighter aircrafts but mainly it will be with China with their growing tech and more indigenous aircrafts coming out soon

Great now we can finally discuss the 18-30 planes that were stuck in embargo and also get these returned too

I am sure US airforce will retire 100-200 planes in next 1-2 years

the 18 embargoed f16s are very old ... i hope we get relatively new f16s in there place--- afterall we paid for brand new f16 ;-)

Well most likely it will be 30-40 retiring Block B or C planes that we should get from US Airforce as part of their retirement process of their planes they got 4000 F16 and almost 1000 will be retired soon in 1-2 years

I mean being a major non Nato ally I guess its safe to assume we will be able to get benefits of being part of that plan

And may be get these upgraded with Turkey's help

Is there more info on which F16 in US Airforce are up for retirement are these mostly block c/d used or they more like block A/B planes being retired in next few years

Of cours we do have an UNDERSTANDING for 18 brand new F16 for upcoming years - but there is a Strong possibility of getting the retired planes from US

US will also be retiring some F15 as well

Well most likely it will be 30-40 retiring Block B or C planes that we should get from US Airforce as part of their retirement process of their planes they got 4000 F16 and almost 1000 will be retired soon in 1-2 years

I mean being a major non Nato ally I guess its safe to assume we will be able to get benefits of being part of that plan

Is there more info on which F16 in US Airforce are up for retirement are these mostly block c/d used or they more like block A/B planes being retired in next few years

Of cours we do have an UNDERSTANDING for 18 brand new F16 for upcoming years - but there is a Strong possibility of getting the retired planes from US

Whats your diet? what do you eat to come up with this? :lol:

PAF is not interested in high clocked F-16s. Btw you forgot to mention F-117 that US will retire very soon. :woot:

lol who told you they have 4000 f-16's? man they don't even have 4000 fighters in total .USAF operates ~1200 f-16's

lol who told you they have 4000 f-16's? man they don't even have 4000 fighters in total .USAF operates ~1200 f-16's

Damn must be my enthusiasm getting the best of me but another 36 Vipers would bring me back to ground :pop:

I was checking their inventories and they are like Loaded , must have seen at least 5,000-7,000 planes in total it was too many by my estimates indeed they are a big airforce

Hi, nothing much to celebrate... rather another 6 trojan filled soon to be embargoed planes... Waste of money, but this is my opinion though. Take care.

PAF must have thought well before going for them. We know how good Ameircans are in reality and we wouldn't have gone for these F-16s if we weren't prepared for them. Have faith and trust your solders.. they won't let you down with any decision or choice they are making. :pakistan:

I think f-16's will be the last high tech fighters from US after that PAF will focus on developing jf-17 and also have more focus on co-operation with China,Turkey and other friendly nations for fighter aircrafts but mainly it will be with China with their growing tech and more indigenous aircrafts coming out soon
chinese advancement is good..but i still prefer american tech

chinese advancement is good..but i still prefer american tech

No doubt US tech is better than Chinese but the problem is continuous Price ceiling of their aircrafts and add embargo in it.No one wants to buy sitting ducks worth $50 million .China may have not yet at the same tech level but atleast we have freedom of use along with TOT which brings in house production.Also China can provide us aircrafts and other armaments on soft loan plus we can modify their products according to our need

Back
Top Bottom