What's new

PAF takes air space control over Lahore, Rawalpindi & Islamabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother witnessed 1 F-16, 2 F-7P's, 1 Mirage 5 and 1 A-5 over Defence housing authority Double X sector. My whole family was up on the roof.

Furthermore, he also witnessed a dog fight scenario between F-7P's and the Mirage. They were so low, that you could clearly see them "packed" with munitions.

This sighting is as genuine as it gets. Btw, he didn't see the above mentioned aircrafts at the same time. They were seen over the time period of one hour.

PAF flexes its muscles
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Scrambles fighter jets over key cities

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Monday scrambled fighter jets over several major cities in a sign of increased “vigilance”, following last month’s deadly attacks on India’s financial centre Mumbai.

“In the current environment, PAF has enhanced its vigilance,” PAF spokesman Air Commodore Humayun Viqar told AFP. Residents in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Lahore made panicked telephone calls to the media outlets to ask about the low-flying fighter jets.

The air force declined to comment on the flights but issued a statement saying that “in view of the current environment, the Pakistan Air Force has enhanced its vigilance.” The apparent exercises briefly delayed two PIA flights, said a spokesman for the airline.

“Two of our flights were delayed for some time because the PAF was conducting some exercises but now everything is back on normal,” said Muhammad Latif, a spokesman for Pakistan International Airlines.

The flights were delayed at the airport in the eastern city of Lahore, near the Indian border, Latif said, while dismissing television news channel reports of a high alert at Pakistani airports.

Our Lahore correspondent adds: Flights of low-lying PAF fighter jets created panic among the people here who made frantic calls to newspapers and television channels to learn more about the unexpected movement of warplanes. Flights of fighter jets sparked rumours and debate among people. Some believed that the planes were IAF jets that had intruded into Pakistan’s airspace while others were of the view that the PAF had scrambled these planes to defend Pakistan’s airspace. People kept glued to their television screens following the flights to get themselves updated.

PAF flexes its muscles

The media and politician on both sides are taking the public for a ride.
Both Pakistani and Indian media are scrambling for any news they can get like mad dogs and sensationalizing it. The Indian politicians are issuing jingoistic statements and our Pakistani politicians are issuing ...... I'm actually at a loss of words to describe our civilian govt's comments and press releases (they are living on a different planet).

The Armed Forces of both countries know how to send "signals" and "intentions" . Please take the media reporting with a pinch of salt.... actually lots of salt!

To all my fellow Pakistani members. Please think what war will bring before making rash comments. Let there be no doubt that all Pakistani will be willing to fight to the last breath.

The professionals are doing their job and they are no doubt the best. Also do not underestimate your opponents. As much as you dislike the enemy.... show respect.

:pakistan:

Hey what is this mate. All Air-forces keep doing exercises, to ensure they are alert. The way you fella's are taking. You are creating Panic for your Countrymen and Businesses activities. second thing you will hear is people will start accumulating Food and Oil. And that can worsen the situation. Pls be cautious.

you don't understand Pakistanis do you? Mate you need to spend some more time here...

My brother witnessed 1 F-16, 2 F-7P's, 1 Mirage 5 and 1 A-5 over Defence housing authority Double X sector. My whole family was up on the roof.

Furthermore, he also witnessed a dog fight scenario between F-7P's and the Mirage. They were so low, that you could clearly see them "packed" with munitions.

This sighting is as genuine as it gets. Btw, he didn't see the above mentioned aircrafts at the same time. They were seen over the time period of one hour.

Your brothers eye side is good if he told you that it was a Mirage V. Another thing planes do not dog fight or create a scenario when they are hot. They do not even fly in a formation when they are hot let alone do ACM.

true, but they were flying in the from of pairs when i saw them...

image of a f-7 over rawalpindi yesterday.

e49014efa008927725e7a9d1230634db.jpg

Last edited:
PAF jet fighters continue flying over Lahore for the second day

Updated at: 1104 PST, Tuesday, December 23, 2008
LAHORE: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) four jet fighters today continued flying over the skies here for the second consecutive day also.

Sources said that the aircrafts equipped with the extra-fuel tanks kept taking rounds of Lahore air space on Tuesday morning for surveillance. PAF jet fighters taking off from Sargodha Air Base made rounds over Lahore for about 8 minutes and then landed at the Lahore Air Base besides making to and fro surveillance flight from Sargodha to Lahore.
The people witnessing the jet-speeding fighters happily waved and welcomed the ever-agile ‘Shaheens’ and voiced slogans in support of the motherland.

It may be recalled that PAF aircrafts yesterday also have flown over Lahore, Rawalpindi and Islamabad air space for surveillance.

Do you work at a Petrol Pump in Mumbai? Your level of intelligence is pretty evident from the content of your post! :lol:

Yes i do. Aur india mein bhaut stock hai Petrol/ diesel Ka and we just recently had a price cut. But you stock up enough, so that you can sustain few more weeks. However you dint answer my question. Fuel prices are reflection of Macro economics of the country.
:whistle:

brother can u grab a english version plz :(:

my urdu not really good:frown::frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom