What's new

PAF suspends “Air Force Development Plan 2025,” says report

No, we are a lazy country.

Because we are not HUNGRY..
You and I know for certain.. that come the worst.. THE WORST..
you'll still be able to end up at some place and find a meal..

You will be able to grow food..survive.
The day that stops for Pakistanis and true desperation sets in all over.. that is when actual "Tabdeeli" and "Naya Pakistan" will happen.

Improved relations with the neighbor next door to the West keeping our interests in mind and no influence of any sort whatsoever by building mosques and madarsas and pushing their outdated ideology whilst enjoying the not-so Islamic life in their palaces whilst the common Pakistani is radicalized and ready to kill/blow himself up on the slightest difference of opinion . We take no sides in the Arab-Persian feud nor do we promise any nuclear umbrella to anybody unless we are getting a fair deal . Never again , should we fight a war for no one ! Never again be a politician be pardoned because get this Prince Bandar amongst countless princes negotiated the deal for him !

Fully agreed.

like establishing full diplomatic relations with Israel too

Why we need to shy away when Egypt, Jordan, and even PLO have diplomatic relations with Israel.

peace

p.s .Btw many of these Umma hickups and constipation only exists in Pakistan.

Most of the Arab countries do brisk business with Iran and Israel.

Fully agreed.

like establishing full diplomatic relations with Israel too

Why we need to shy away when Egypt, Jordan, and even PLO have diplomatic relations with Israel.

peace

p.s .Btw many of these Umma hickups and constipation only exists in Pakistan.

Most of the Arab countries do brisk business with Iran and Israel.

I thought you asked that question for that reason . :D

I see no harm in that , if the Arabs themselves have diplomatic relations , why should we get involved in that fight ?

Exactly ! But , can you explain that to the general Pakistani populace ? Mr.Musharraf tried to , in a way .

Right on the money . :)

Because we are not HUNGRY..
You and I know for certain.. that come the worst.. THE WORST..
you'll still be able to end up at some place and find a meal..

You will be able to grow food..survive.
The day that stops for Pakistanis and true desperation sets in all over.. that is when actual "Tabdeeli" and "Naya Pakistan" will happen.

We gotta be careful.

if Pakistanis get that desperate, Talib@stards may bring Talibanization instead of TI bringing naya pakistan.

Hope we never get there.

peace

We gotta be careful.

if Pakistanis get that desperate, Talib@stards may bring Talibanization instead of TI bringing naya pakistan.

Hope we never get there.

peace

Let them have it if that is what they want..
We as a nation have to stop looking for easy ways out.
or at least the more privileged class.
Let the poor trample on the rich.. let their daughters shopping at malls get whipped for coming out alone..and all sense of responsibility will return.

Let them have it if that is what they want..
We as a nation have to stop looking for easy ways out.
or at least the more privileged class.
Let the poor trample on the rich.. let their daughters shopping at malls get whipped for coming out alone..and all sense of responsibility will return.

French revolution????

Viva la Revolución! ????

We gotta be careful.

Hope we never get there.

peace

You know the thing ?

If it comes to that , Talibans would have nothing to offer to the population of Pakistan , my friend .

You know the thing ?

If it comes to that , Talibans would have nothing to offer to the population of Pakistan , my friend .

Be reasonable - what did PPP or PML-N have to offer? And yet we swallowed it hook line and sinker - Democracy is no guarantee that peoples will not make terrible mistakes, though I think no "success" is possible without "failure" - it may sound philosophical or as a friends says "esoteric" and I don't mean to sound as if I think we are on a track that will have irreversible consequences, on the other hand, we have been incredibly lucky and perhaps that's why we don't understand what we stand to lose.

well, we are a POOR country. thats the bottom line ...

No, we are "Poorly managed" country.

@ Topic:
Not much surprise; This recession was expected when up to seven billion rupees are lost to corruption each day. This figure is even more today; the result is seen in form of minimized milestones/outcomes from PIA, Railway, Power/Energy sector.

Hardly any significant improvement in education, medical, road & infrastructure and defence has been made since 2008; whatever we saw was result of planned projects since mid2000s.

i dreamt of a NAYA PAKISTAN. and i risk my job,study and future and went to Pak to vote PTI. but you know what we are POOR, we are SICK minded.
i know you wont agree but that is truth, the soon you realise it sooner you will try to recover it.

only one thing that you dont get poor by not having money. but we get poor for not having EDUCATION and COMMONSENCE.

I SENT YOU A THANK for this comment. cuz you said it right.
and i agree with you. we re sick minded people. to recover from that first we have to realise it.

Be reasonable - what did PPP or PML-N have to offer? And yet we swallowed it hook line and sinker - Democracy is no guarantee that peoples will not make terrible mistakes, though I think no "success" is possible without "failure" - it may sound philosophical or as a friends says "esoteric" and I don't mean to sound as if I think we are on a track that will have irreversible consequences, on the other hand, we have been incredibly lucky and perhaps that's why we don't understand what we stand to lose.

I am being more than reasonable actually . Both the groups are not comparable except that they both want nothing but power and dominance . In such a worst case scenario , what exactly would the Taliban have to offer ? Their self proclaimed Caliph or the FUBAR interpretation of the religion , what ? The promise of a savior , God's rule on his planet or the delusions of a Islamic welfare state ? The political parties get their votes on ' sympathy ' , ' some good past performance ' , ' ethnic/race cards ' or more realistically ' the lesser of the two evils ' principle . Except for the sympathy part from religious over zealous minority , what advantage do the Talibans have here , mate ? The humans feel most insecure when someone encroaches upon their freedom ( of sorts ) and the God's army makes that sure .

Democracy is good for literate people , it isn't good for countries where illiterate masses vote where their tribal elders/sardars/land lords/feudal order them to . No , what you said is true but the question is how long do the Pakistanis want to be pushed to learn their lesson for the success . Everything is reversible , but you need the will and the strength to acknowledge your failures and the problem itself . Yes we have been lucky , but even lady luck has her limits .

I am being more than reasonable actually . Both the groups are not comparable except that they both want nothing but power and dominance . In such a worst case scenario , what exactly would the Taliban have to offer ? Their self proclaimed Caliph or the FUBAR interpretation of the religion , what ? The promise of a savior , God's rule on his planet or the delusions of a Islamic welfare state ? The political parties get their votes on ' sympathy ' , ' some good past performance ' , ' ethnic/race cards ' or more realistically ' the lesser of the two evils ' principle . Except for the sympathy part from religious over zealous minority , what advantage do the Talibans have here , mate ? The humans feel most insecure when someone encroaches upon their freedom ( of sorts ) and the God's army makes that sure .

Democracy is good for literate people , it isn't good for countries where illiterate masses vote where their tribal elders/sardars/land lords/feudal order them to . No , what you said is true but the question is how long do the Pakistanis want to be pushed to learn their lesson for the success . Everything is reversible , but you need the will and the strength to acknowledge your failures and the problem itself . Yes we have been lucky , but even lady luck has her limits .

Ever notice how Herd animals behave? How many Muttawa as a percentage of the population would you say? A very small percentage, and yet they get to push people around - How come? What explains this behavior?? See Herd animals, but for a deeper understanding, read " Logic of Collective Action" by Mancur Olson.

So I was talking to this Afghan peasant and his point was that the Talib are not complicated, and they offer a certainty that is better than courts of laws and lawyers - after all, it's God's law they execute - Rght, wrong, good , bad, these are excellent criteria for judging soio-cultural-political propositions and even an educated peoples like the German became so desperate that they could not resist

Ever notice how Herd animals behave? How many Muttawa as a percentage of the population would you say? A very small percentage, and yet they get to push people around - How come? What explains this behavior?? See Herd animals, but for a deeper understanding, read " Logic of Collective Action" by Mancur Olson.

So I was talking to this Afghan peasant and his point was that the Talib are not complicated, and they offer a certainty that is better than courts of laws and lawyers - after all, it's God's law they execute - Rght, wrong, good , bad, these are excellent criteria for judging soio-cultural-political propositions and even an educated peoples like the German became so desperate that they could not resist

I will take it you mean ' Taliban sympathizers ' here by the herd . Yes they are no different than animals , because they have no free thinking whatsoever and I will admit they are quite in number . We are emotional people , mate , and we are manipulated due to that weakness , add the more Arab than Arabs themselves and the delusions of Ummah here . The enforcement by the state itself , explains that behavior . People start to think it is right because it is from the authority . The same psychology where a person claims innocence and says that he was instructed by the higher authorities and that it isn't his fault , the Nuremberg defense perhaps ?

What sugar coated so called Islamic justice they could ever offer in Afghanistan was because Afghans for decades have had literally nothing to lose , despite the worst situation we still have a lot and hence it is not possible in Pakistan . Its a different country run by different people and with different set of rules .

Back
Top Bottom