What's new

PAF starts upgradtion of old F-16s

The deal was for 1 aircraft per month.
With 45 planes, that is 45 months. So definitely not 1 year.

maybe this is helpfull

TURKISH AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES INC.

As the result of the tender opened by Pakistan Air Force regarding the modernization of 41 F-16 Aircraft, TUSAŞ has been selected as the contractor.

The program has been affected upon the contract signature on 29 June 2009.

The modernization will be started in the last quarter of 2010 and the program will be completed within 47 months.

thanks Chogy....as I am aware, however, you are very much against CFTs (appearance) :)

It's blasphemy, but I think a clean (older) F-16 is probably the sleekest, sexiest jet ever to fly. I know the square-backs and aux tank variations are helpful, but to me, they kill the awesome lines of the jet.

AIR_F-16B_lg.jpg

VS.

AIR_F-16F_Block_60_UAE_lg.jpg

Stealthy jets can look cool, but because they have to be stealthy, they have some weird angles and boxiness associated with them. The early F-16's with the GE engine are like a super-hot motorcycle, such as this 3,800 HP jet cycle! Hang On! :cheesy:

3800hp-jet-powered-motorcycle-2.jpg

^^^

Correct, every time I look at the new F-16 (CFT) .. looks like a pregnant duck ...

Just not right !

It's blasphemy, but I think a clean (older) F-16 is probably the sleekest, sexiest jet ever to fly. I know the square-backs and aux tank variations are helpful, but to me, they kill the awesome lines of the jet.

AIR_F-16B_lg.jpg

VS.

AIR_F-16F_Block_60_UAE_lg.jpg

Stealthy jets can look cool, but because they have to be stealthy, they have some weird angles and boxiness associated with them. The early F-16's with the GE engine are like a super-hot motorcycle, such as this 3,800 HP jet cycle! Hang On! :cheesy:

3800hp-jet-powered-motorcycle-2.jpg

but who cares, They do offer jet with liberty to mount more munitions especially on LR strike missions. It would be a stupidity to have them when Falcons are on CAP with aerial refueling available

How can you UPGRADE 45 F16s for just $75m ARE you sure its only $75m

i THINK IT MAY BE $750M surely

CAN YOU READ BLUE FONT???

TAI TO MODERNIZE PAKISTAN F-16S

In addition to modernization of Turkish and Jordanian F-16s, TAI will modernize the F-16s that are in the inventory of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and thus become an important, reliable and preferential center of F-16 modernization.

Ankara, June 29, 2009 –Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc. (TAI), which is Turkey’s center of aerospace, has acquired an international success by signing a contract regarding the modernization of PAF F-16s.

Under the program, the financial dimension of which is around 75 million US Dollars, a total of 42 F-16s will be upgraded at TAI’s facilities in 46 months starting from October 2010.

A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), regarding the start of proposal process of PAF F-16 Modernization Program, was signed between TAI and PAF during IDEAS Defense Exhibition in September 2006 in Karachi, Pakistan.

Being invited to the international bid for PAF F-16 Modernization Program, TAI, among other European competitors, was announced as the main contractor of the program following the final evaluation of Pakistan authorities in July 2008.

Following the negotiations, which started in 2009 between TAI and Pakistan authorities, and the mutual agreement, the contract was signed between TAI and Pakistan Ministry of Defense Production on June 29, 2009 at a ceremony held in Rawalpindi-Pakistan.

In 2006, as a result of another bidding process, TAI, which had signed an agreement with the Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF) for the modernization of RJAF F-16s, has successfully completed the program with the delivery of the last aircraft in April 2009.

Being among the best companies in the world in the field of F-16 modernization, there is no doubt that TAI will successfully realize PAF F-16 Modernization Program.

In recent years, filled with intense competition in the field of defense and aerospace, TAI, which has not only been on the move with its successful programs and effective management, but also become well known in export programs, will continue rising with new programs. Source

Says deal worth around $75 million

He might have been shocked because the block 52 cost close to 60 mils each whereas the earlier blocks were much cheaper, like 20 mils each, so that is why the question can be valid...I mean block 52 is one of the most advanced F-16s

He might have been shocked because the block 52 cost close to 60 mils each whereas the earlier blocks were much cheaper, like 20 mils each, so that is why the question can be valid...I mean block 52 is one of the most advanced F-16s

The cost of $75 million is just to assemble the plane and upgrade it, it does not include the hardware kits such as radars and ECM suites. They will be purchased separately from Lockheed Martin, the cost of $75 million will be provided to our Turkish friends to assemble and upgrade the structure of the planes.

Can you convince a few Pakistani businessmen to contribute??
With cash.. quite a bit is possible.

:woot:

it would be a damn good start if they'd ALL collectively bring their moneys BACK INTO the country....then we can discuss it

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom