What's new

PAF put on High Alert, low level fighter jets scramble reported near LoC: Media Report

My dear fellow, I am an old water-buffalo with a thick hide. Don't worry about it. Water off a, umm, water-buffalo's back!

Good gracious, what do you mean? Older than I am?

Pardon me, but now I am curious as to who is older on this forum? At 37 I thought I was quite old. Kept my participation quite minimum, even though I joined the forum in my younger days. So I just want to know what & who I am dealing with here :D

Aaaargh!

NOW you're going too far!

Why can't we talk about 'high alerts' and 'low levels' instead? Middle of the road, so to speak.

My thinking is used to roaming free, m'lord. Guilty as charged! :D

===========================

On topic, I would say clearly that this present frothy fervor will die down soon, after having placated the internal audience suitably.

Pardon me, but now I am curious as to who is older on this forum? At 37 I thought I was quite old. Kept my participation quite minimum, even though I joined the forum in my younger days. So I just want to know what & who I am dealing with here :D

@Joe Shearer He is 37, quite old he thinks. :D

37 is young my friend

My thinking is used to roaming free, m'lord. Guilty as charged! :D

===========================

On topic, I would say clearly that this present frothy fervor will die down soon, after having placated the internal audience suitably.

@Joe Shearer He is 37, quite old he thinks. :D

:rofl:

Hmmm just to given an idea...I completed my engineering in 1994.

THAT'S old.

I'd been working 20 years.

I roamed around Darjeeling in 1957, when we stayed at the old, wooden Circuit House, that burnt down afterwards. We were in those parts until 1961, when my baby sister was born, more than a decade younger. Was taken by my parents to have chhang with the Kazi of Sikkim and the Kazini, the lady who claimed to be Mannerheim's niece, deadly opposed to Hope Cooke, the Gyalmo. I saw the Calcutta Polo Club Centennial Gold Cup tournament in 1961 won by a scratch team with Prem Singh, Col. Alec Harper, Brig. 'Hesky' Baig (who played for the PA and for a Karachi team), and, I think, Gaje Singh, against the fearsome Ratanada Wanderers, Hanut and his sons (Hanut played 9 goals at peak, but he couldn't be given 10, because that would equate the natural-born son of Pertaub Singh with HH Jaipur - that wouldn't do). I carried bags of woollen stockings to the railway station to hand over to jawans being shipped through to Assam in 1962. I watched Pakistani fighters fly over my school in 1965, after having attacked Kalaikunda. I watched from our terrace as Calcutta burned in 1968 and 1969, as the Naxalites killed a couple of hundred policemen.

That ends fifty years ago.

You have a few years on me Joe, but not by much. Does being a grandfather count? :D

Oh, yes, it does.

Our common friend, Usman Sadozai, had this stunning thing to say when he saw Nikhil's pics.:

They say grandchildren are like the interest on your capital, you get to enjoy both. I can see that now. The joy of seeing your child being happy seeing her child being happy. Simple. Magical.

So we have babas, chachas, mamas, dadas, & nanas roaming the forum & yet the arguments come out as if we are having a fight on the street. Well, why not? It's all FUN!

Can you guys stick to the thread please. Everytime there is a new post, one feels that it's some sort of update lol

Back
Top Bottom