What's new

PAF put on High Alert, low level fighter jets scramble reported near LoC: Media Report

Dz7UIpXXQAEpF9Y.jpg
Wah

Oh, yes, it does.

Our common friend, Usman Sadozai, had this stunning thing to say when he saw Nikhil's pics.:

They say grandchildren are like the interest on your capital, you get to enjoy both. I can see that now. The joy of seeing your child being happy seeing her child being happy. Simple. Magical.

What do I know? I have been practicing for nearly three-and-a-half decades. :lol:

(And a few other things besides. :D )

Grandchildren are indeed magical, not only for the reason you mention, but also in ensuring a future world as best as one could leave behind as a legacy. Therein lies the real power of their magic.

And on topic, that also includes avoiding wars.

Air Force is more active. Prolly as a deterrent to scare gangus and part of SOP(CAP) and reassuring the public of PAF vigilance.

In other words gangu apni awaam ko manjan bech rha hai. Aur PAF apni awaam ko yakeen dila rai hai k hum ap ki hifazat kr rai hain. Which is a good thing.
I don't know about Lahore or other cities, But in Faisalabad Today there was unusual air traffic. Every five or ten minutes a jet passes-by. In usual routines there are only 1 or 2 all day.

Last edited:
I roamed around Darjeeling in 1957, when we stayed at the old, wooden Circuit House, that burnt down afterwards. We were in those parts until 1961, when my baby sister was born, more than a decade younger. Was taken by my parents to have chhang with the Kazi of Sikkim and the Kazini, the lady who claimed to be Mannerheim's niece, deadly opposed to Hope Cooke, the Gyalmo. I saw the Calcutta Polo Club Centennial Gold Cup tournament in 1961 won by a scratch team with Prem Singh, Col. Alec Harper, Brig. 'Hesky' Baig (who played for the PA and for a Karachi team), and, I think, Gaje Singh, against the fearsome Ratanada Wanderers, Hanut and his sons (Hanut played 9 goals at peak, but he couldn't be given 10, because that would equate the natural-born son of Pertaub Singh with HH Jaipur - that wouldn't do). I carried bags of woollen stockings to the railway station to hand over to jawans being shipped through to Assam in 1962. I watched Pakistani fighters fly over my school in 1965, after having attacked Kalaikunda. I watched from our terrace as Calcutta burned in 1968 and 1969, as the Naxalites killed a couple of hundred policemen.

That ends fifty years ago.

So you are Indian equivalent of our honorable Mr. Qaim Ali Shah :D (sorry, a bad joke on my behalf. Or is it?). Honestly, I have no idea about all the things you have said. The only thing that caught my interest was you witnessing Pakistani fighters over your school. That must be something, to see enemy fighter jets over you. Us, the millennials have not experienced a fully escalated war between India and Pakistan. It's been both good and bad. Good because the two countries have held out this long. Bad because us the millennials in both countries have not learned the first-hand lessons of war & are susceptible to warmongering by media outlets, politicians, and militaries. I am quite sure all those beating the drums of war on electronic and social media will get their shorts knocked off when they hear an artillery shell fall near them. I hope the good continues to prevail even in the worst case scenario.

So you are Indian equivalent of our honorable Mr. Qaim Ali Shah :D (sorry, a bad joke on my behalf. Or is it?). Honestly, I have no idea about all the things you have said. The only thing that caught my interest was you witnessing Pakistani fighters over your school. That must be something, to see enemy fighter jets over you.

We were outside on morning assembly, and heard a screaming sound (it was aero engines, though we didn't know). Suddenly two silvery shapes raced by at what we thought was treetop level; it wasn't, they were at least a 1000' high but going like bats out of hell. The total time visible couldn't have been more than five seconds. Actually, maybe less. They were turning steeply. Kalaikunda was due east of us, and they had probably completed a strafing run (the runway at K was wrecked and took a week to repair) and were in a hurry to get back.

Later, the headmaster, an AF Squadron Leader, showed us seniors (we were the second senior class, batch no. 2; Arup Raha was about ten or twelve years younger) aircraft silhouettes, and the hair rose on the back of my neck. Those were the dreaded Sabres.

Earlier, from our bungalow in Lat Bagan in Barrackpore, we used to see Vampires and C-82 Fairchild Packets, funnily enough, both were twin-boom. The Packets had engines attached at an odd angle, and much much later in life, I realised that they were using JATO; that was the supernumerary jet engine.

Us, the millennials have not experienced a fully escalated war between India and Pakistan. It's been both good and bad. Good because the two countries have held out this long. Bad because us the millennials in both countries have not learned the first-hand lessons of war & are susceptible to warmongering by media outlets, politicians, and militaries. I am quite sure all those beating the drums of war on electronic and social media will get their shorts knocked off when they hear an artillery shell fall near them. I hope the good continues to prevail even in the worst case scenario.

You are lucky. It's all very well when it's drums and glory, it's different when the hospitals fill up. We were lucky, there were only battalion level actions (never reported anywhere) between Brigadier Torgul's border guards and the armed police reserve; basically, two sets of Bengali policemen shooting at each other with .303s. In the west, it was hospitals full of injured and dying soldiers.

That is why I keep suggesting both sides keep the peace, and because people think war is a great thing, there is a lot of hooting and patriotic strutting up and down.

I am an agnostic, and wish I was not. Only God can help us.

We were outside on morning assembly, and heard a screaming sound (it was aero engines, though we didn't know). Suddenly two silvery shapes raced by at what we thought was treetop level; it wasn't, they were at least a 1000' high but going like bats out of hell. The total time visible couldn't have been more than five seconds. Actually, maybe less. They were turning steeply. Kalaikunda was due east of us, and they had probably completed a strafing run (the runway at K was wrecked and took a week to repair) and were in a hurry to get back.

Later, the headmaster, an AF Squadron Leader, showed us seniors (we were the second senior class, batch no. 2; Arup Raha was about ten or twelve years younger) aircraft silhouettes, and the hair rose on the back of my neck. Those were the dreaded Sabres.

Earlier, from our bungalow in Lat Bagan in Barrackpore, we used to see Vampires and C-82 Fairchild Packets, funnily enough, both were twin-boom. The Packets had engines attached at an odd angle, and much much later in life, I realised that they were using JATO; that was the supernumerary jet engine.

You are lucky. It's all very well when it's drums and glory, it's different when the hospitals fill up. We were lucky, there were only battalion level actions (never reported anywhere) between Brigadier Torgul's border guards and the armed police reserve; basically, two sets of Bengali policemen shooting at each other with .303s. In the west, it was hospitals full of injured and dying soldiers.

That is why I keep suggesting both sides keep the peace, and because people think war is a great thing, there is a lot of hooting and patriotic strutting up and down.

No war is going to happen. PDF fan boys are just having their usual hardon. Just play pubg with indians. They are nice

Ah! a very interesting & captivating story. Hoping there is more to it. My mother along and my maternal grandparents lived in Lahore during the 1965 war & quite close to the place where air raids would take place. She has few interesting memories of it. She also found bomb debris (dropped from aircraft) near her home once.

Did you ever see C-199 Flying Boxcar? I know IAF operated them & they had taken part in the Indo-Sino war as well.

Luck is subject & relative. As one Indian military official wrote that both India and Pakistan have fought civilized wars. They have mainly kept the fighting limited to military-to-military combat engagement. But now there is a nuclear sword hanging over us. So we don't know who is luckier.

Ah! a very interesting & captivating story. Hoping there is more to it. My mother along and my maternal grandparents lived in Lahore during the 1965 war & quite close to the place where air raids would take place. She has few interesting memories of it. She also found bomb debris (dropped from aircraft) near her home once.

They are to be congratulated on coming out unscathed. I am glad to hear they came to no harm.

Did you ever see C-199 Flying Boxcar? I know IAF operated them & they had taken part in the Indo-Sino war as well.

I thought it was the Packet we used to see, but your reference made me do some basic homework; you are right, what I saw was a Fairchild, but it was apparently the C-119, the Flying Boxcar; the literature does not refer to the C-82 in India at all. What I remember is the very odd boxshaped fuselage, and the twin booms, and the odd fitment at the bottom of the fuselage, to the rear.

Luck is subject & relative. As one Indian military official wrote that both India and Pakistan have fought civilized wars. They have mainly kept the fighting limited to military-to-military combat engagement. But now there is a nuclear sword hanging over us. So we don't know who is luckier.

Let us hope very hard that there is no nuclear war. It is an appalling thought.

No war is going to happen. PDF fan boys are just having their usual hardon. Just play pubg with indians. They are nice

What is pubg?

They are to be congratulated on coming out unscathed. I am glad to hear they came to no harm.

I thought it was the Packet we used to see, but your reference made me do some basic homework; you are right, what I saw was a Fairchild, but it was apparently the C-119, the Flying Boxcar; the literature does not refer to the C-82 in India at all. What I remember is the very odd boxshaped fuselage, and the twin booms, and the odd fitment at the bottom of the fuselage, to the rear.

What is pubg?

PUBG is a video game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayerUnknown's_Battlegrounds

Indeed. But the probabilities would increase exponentially if war breaks out. There is absolutely no concept of bluffing on nuclear weapons use on the Pakistani side. Hope the sanity prevails over politics on both sides

Also, its very easy to get confused between the Packet & Flying Box Car. Box Car was derived from the Packet.

What is pubg?

It's the worst thing to have happened to humanity after WWII. A video game designed to destroy the youth, especially the post-millennials and some pre-millennials as well. But it could serve as a good battleground for India-Pakistan armchair generals.

I must say, sir (British style), I have enjoyed this little talk with you. We should have such small talks between Indians and Pakistanis. Track 1 & Track 2 have not worked. Maybe Off-Track talks would achieve some friendship.

Last edited:
You do not talk to Joe in that tone. Next one you shoot like this will get you a well-deserved negative rating. Clean up your language.
ok

India has stimulated war situation at a higher level. Narrative is turned down globally. Now India needs some way out to secure its image in its public.
lets help India by giving them some script Sir G Kal strike Part-2
Why? If a sickminded criminal creates hysteria and then get stuck with it, why should I offer my face to him to slap? Better let that idiot pay a good price for his stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom