What's new

PAF personnel busted in assasination attempt

I dont have any material proof with me.
That remains the deciding factor once an allegation is made.

Has it taken up any social issues,crucail or infamous cases and got justice to it.
The amendment of the Hudood Ordinance solely took place due to the efforts of Geo TV, running round the clock programming on it. http://www.geo.tv/zs. They dedicated that webspace for many months as well.

Anyway the media just reports it, its our job to seek for justice.

Does it criticise the corrruption in the army or in the ruling party?
Google for real estate scandals in the military. We don't usually have kickback scandals like in India, but internal thievery takes place every now and then.

Google for sugar mill scandal of the ruling PML-Q party.

by all means, do show me where the Indian media has been controlled by the government...heh, the closest the government came was when they tried to pass the broadcast bill to increase the government powers over the media...and the media FLAYED the government from ALL QUARTERS for it...the Indian media is so damn critical of any Indian government...sting operations, etc...i would indeed be surprised if there was anything to the contrary.

Now, how is commiting suicide a display of lack of "moral and dignity" in the army??
at best it shows the phsychological stress and the inability to cope with it...how does it show 'morals'? and 'dignity'?

Indian media is what we call dramaybaaz. They'd dramatize everything. I guess its pretty clear, that that's what sells in India. Star plus is insanely popular. We all saw their coverage of the kid fallen in the whole. Prince was it? Taken out on his birthday.

Media is huge. It can never be controlled. But the Indian media falls behind the government line, quite readily and is definitely manipulated by it on and off. Just like every other nations, btw, including Pakistan's. But the Indian media has played some nasty games and has been caught at it.

We all still remember the plane hijacking (soon after 9/11) Zee TV reported and quoted George Fernandez that the hijackers are Pakistani and even quoted their demands. It so happened hours later they state, oops sorry no hijacking.

Indira Gandhi declared it as India's official doctrine in defeating Pakistan. "We'd defeat them through our media", she said. When it comes to the media, Indians don't play nice... There's no doubt about that.

Indian media is what we call dramaybaaz. They'd dramatize everything. I guess its pretty clear, that that's what sells in India. Star plus is insanely popular. We all saw their coverage of the kid fallen in the whole. Prince was it? Taken out on his birthday.

There is no doubt about it mate, Indian media is 'dramaybaaz', but that is what happens when there are so many many news channels running 24x7!
they have to show something constantly, and for trp's sake , they dramatize everything.Do u know how many Hindi and English news channels are there..Even CNN, SKY and others do it mate...basic competition to gain TRP's.

Media is huge. It can never be controlled. But the Indian media falls behind the government line, quite readily and is definitely manipulated by it on and off. Just like every other nations, btw, including Pakistan's. But the Indian media has played some nasty games and has been caught at it.

We all still remember the plane hijacking (soon after 9/11) Zee TV reported and quoted George Fernandez that the hijackers are Pakistani and even quoted their demands. It so happened hours later they state, oops sorry no hijacking.

Mate, its not the Indian media, any media will report what its ministers QUOTE...you dont expect zee TV to report what the Minister Georeg Fernandez is saying?? this is not toeing the govt line...this is just basic reporting.Btw somehow i dont remember this drama of hijacking.

Indira Gandhi declared it as India's official doctrine in defeating Pakistan. "We'd defeat them through our media", she said. When it comes to the media, Indians don't play nice... There's no doubt about that.

I have never heard of this line, but whatever...fact of the matter is that the Indian media DONT FOLLOW the govt line, quoting the ministers and carrying out whatevr is told to them is not following the govt line, its normal reporting.Would u say that the US govt controls its media like a dictator cuz CNN reported about the WMD's in Iraq that were never found??
The Indian media toes the opposite the govt line, unless there is something nationalistic,which arouses patriotism like the hijacking or kargil or whatever, in which case they all unite with the govt and people.

Indian media is very very critical of the govt on every issue...our media is not and CANNOT be controlled by any politician or the ruling govt. Some have tried, all have failed. The govt CANNOT stop the media from reporting anything unless they invoke national security clause, and that too is debatable. the RTI just proves it. On the other hand, in Pakistan, the president can do whatever he pleases.Declare marshall law or whatever. So the media can get only those liberties which are granted to it from the president.

On the other hand, in Pakistan, the president can do whatever he pleases.Declare marshall law or whatever. So the media can get only those liberties which are granted to it from the president.

i willl not disscuss the role of media in but but in pakistan there are several examples of even this goverment to control the media.....one of them was sanctions of nawai-waqt group....and the only reson was that the chief executive of the group..maeed nizami said openly in a seminar in front of musharaf that i cannot we cannot recognize ou as a president...u r a dictator...and after some time there was sanctions on the group nearly for one year and following up with the crisis with pervaiz elahi and sanctions from punab government...

Back
Top Bottom