What's new

:: PAF (new) website - paf.gov.pk/#/ ::

Do you like the new layout?

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
If this website is meant to be for foreign customers then I very much expect them to go by the western classification of fighter jet capabilities.

I really don't think they are going by chinese interpretations here.

Hi,

Thank you---they never thought about that---. I agree with you---. It should clarify with disclaimer as Chinese category gen 3 and western category gen 4 aircraft---.

Excerpt from the JF-17 page of PAC's website:

Production
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) holds the exclusive rights of 58% of JF-17 airframe co-production work. A comprehensive infrastructure comprising state of the art machines and required skilled human resource has very quickly been developed at the Complex. The final assembly and flight testing of the aircraft was the first JF-17 co-production activity to start at PAC. The first PAC produced aircraft was handed over to Pakistan Air Force in November 2009. Since then, aircraft are being produced regularly to meet the required schedule. The co-production of sub assemblies and structural parts has also commenced and is sequentially attaining the sustained production status. Besides upgrading the production system, PAC has also upgraded its quality, technology and archive management systems to meet the production and management standards of a 3rd generation fighter aircraft.

oaWaDoG.png

https://www.pac.org.pk/jf-17

Some people are overestimating the capability of PAC. This is coming straight from their website.

@Nein @500 @pakistanipower @vostok @Yaseen1 @Hack-Hook @ArabianEmpires&Caliphates @Falcon29 @zectech @GIANTsasquatch @rambro @KAL-EL @TruthHurtz @SubWater @925boy
@minimi

No way to prove that this is the case.From what I gather PAF goes by western ratings so it would be safe to assume that PAC does the same.

I am just sharing what I happened to stumble on when looking at PAC's website.

We don't know if they are using chinese ratings!!!! If this website is meant for customers they would probably expect PAC to use western ratings.

Like I said, from what I have observed and read here the PAF goes by western ratings for fighter jets. Why would PAC deviate from that?

Could you please explain what constitutes a 3rd Gen Aircraft and what constitutes a 4th Gen Aircraft? Thanks.

If this website is meant to be for foreign customers then I very much expect them to go by the western classification of fighter jet capabilities.

I really don't think they are going by chinese interpretations here.
Foreign customers don't go to the website to get information, considering that foreign customers are countries they will send out their people to take a look in person rather than go to the websiteo_O.

jee haa ghaur say dekh aik SAJISh chal raha hay yaha pay sajish!!
You think that we can just catch by the word Sajish? No man.. it's more than that in the above sentence... Sazish is a muanis word and "chal raha" can't be used with this word.. Sazish chal rahi hai would be the appropriate sentence.

That said, may be you are a Pakistani.. but you need to improve your Urdu..

Production
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) holds the exclusive rights of 58% of JF-17 airframe co-production work. A comprehensive infrastructure comprising state of the art machines and required skilled human resource has very quickly been developed at the Complex. The final assembly and flight testing of the aircraft was the first JF-17 co-production activity to start at PAC. The first PAC produced aircraft was handed over to Pakistan Air Force in November 2009. Since then, aircraft are being produced regularly to meet the required schedule. The co-production of sub assemblies and structural parts has also commenced and is sequentially attaining the sustained production status. Besides upgrading the production system, PAC has also upgraded its quality, technology and archive management systems to meet the production and management standards of a 3rd generation fighter aircraft.

oaWaDoG.png

Some people are overestimating the capability of PAC. This is coming straight from their website.

@Nein @500 @pakistanipower @vostok @Yaseen1 @Hack-Hook @ArabianEmpires&Caliphates @Falcon29 @zectech @GIANTsasquatch @rambro @KAL-EL @TruthHurtz @SubWater @925boy
@minimi
That doesnt mean they are restricted to 3rd generation.

Production

oaWaDoG.png

@minimi

A quick Google search on Chinese aircraft generations would have saved you time, and bandwidth of the forum.

Chinese first gen began with J-5, with second gen being J-6, 7 and 8. Third gen being j-10, jf-17, j-11xxx and fourth gen being the j-20/FC-31.

A quick Google search on Chinese aircraft generations would have saved you time, and bandwidth of the forum.

Chinese first gen began with J-5, with second gen being J-6, 7 and 8. Third gen being j-10, jf-17, j-11xxx and fourth gen being the j-20/FC-31.
late to the party

No way to prove that this is the case.From what I gather PAF goes by western ratings so it would be safe to assume that PAC does the same.

Assumption can sometimes mislead one to the wrong path. FC-1/JF-17 can't be termed 3rd & 4th Generation Aircraft at the same time. PAF uses Western rating for the western Aircrafts and word JF pretty much explains as why it is mentioned as 3rd Gen. Otherwise, Chinese term would be 3rd & you want PAC to claim it as a 4th Gen AC. So the term remains without change being Joint Fighter.

:: Site Down ::

Any clue how long its been like this?

:: Site back up ::

Not sure why it was down for nearly a week.

Back
Top Bottom