Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Trailer23

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Well, i'm certain some of you may have seen the new & improved website of the PAF.

Seriously, I used to get irritated everytime I went on it because the layout was some serious Oldskool/RadioShack/Dinosaur Age design.

However..., the new layout design is great. Its not perfect, but including the previous one - I've seen worse (e.g. Royal Jordanian Air Force).

Anyways, for those who haven't seen it should take the time out & check it out. Who knows, you may find things of interest there (finally).

Website.jpg

Its quite simple. Content is not much.

I'd give it 6/10.
Compared to the disaster of website it was before - I gave it a 8.5 (in appearance).

Not many people may have noticed but their Media has finally improved.

From having to download Videos in *.wmv format, its now on YouTube. Jeez, *.wmv format died out in the late 90's & they still kept posting vids in that format. I can finally use some of those vids for my future projects while editing.

I was a bit disappointed as they still don't have an Official PAF Online Store for Merchandise. T-shirts, Patches, Caps...would sell. The ISPR site has some stuff, but its more ARMY related.

Nai Bhai Its Awesome! Finally they have a modern website.Hopefully they will add stuff frequently from now on.
9/10.The front page is gorgeous

Well, i'm certain some of you may have seen the new & improved website of the PAF.

Seriously, I used to get irritated everytime I went on it because the layout was some serious Oldskool/RadioShack/Dinosaur Age design.

However..., the new layout design is great. Its not perfect, but including the previous one - I've seen worse (e.g. Royal Jordanian Air Force).

Anyways, for those who haven't seen it should take the time out & check it out. Who knows, you may find things of interest there (finally).

They tried to model it like the US Air Force websites. It is a work in progress, but a definite upgrade over the late 90s style.

i agree with you they should use ssl certificate for security of website to prevent hackers.Website layout seems to be responsive for both mobile and desktop and this time more focus is on layout suitable for mobile users as they are increasing than desktop users
again no HTTPS???

I give the website 3/10 after finding multiple errors and issues with the links. This should be in beta testing vs a live site. I send feedback on a blatant error I found in just a min of browsing the site so hopefully they will fix that.
You can not view most of the pages in Chrome ... cant click on links or scroll up and down the pages.
But in the gallery, this is the most crazy part ... why are the links in Chinese on the images? This is ridiculous! Anyone else can explain this? They outsourced this to a Chinese company and couldn't find anyone in Pakistan to create a simple webpage for its own military? This is where there needs to be accountability and this should be highlighted in the media to shame the institution deservedly.

upload_2019-6-10_20-12-3.png

Last edited:
I give the website 3/10 after finding multiple errors and issues with the links. This should be in beta testing vs a live site. I send feedback on a blatant error I found in just a min of browsing the site so hopefully they will fix that.
You can not view most of the pages in Chrome ... cant click on links or scroll up and down the pages.
But in the gallery, this is the most crazy part ... why are the links in Chinese on the images? This is ridiculous! Anyone else can explain this? They outsourced this to a Chinese company and couldn't find anyone in Pakistan to create a simple webpage for its own military? This is where there needs to be accountability and this should be highlighted in the media to shame the institution deservedly.

View attachment 564582
I agree.....Dependency is not good....What will happen when chineese intrests diverge from ours.....

View attachment 564582

No, its itt outsourced to Chinese. Redesigned work by a Software house based in Blue Rea Islamabad and maintain by PAF IT cell. Its still in Beta phase

No, its itt outsourced to Chinese. Redesigned work by a Software house based in Blue Rea Islamabad and maintain by PAF IT cell. Its still in Beta phase
Then explain the Chinese language in the picture gallery for scrolling? Also Beta phase website should not be live either.

There is a spelling mistake in submenu on Histroy page. Instead of saying "Wars in the Mach 2 Era" it reads out as "Wars in the MARCH 2 Era"... I think it is just typo but must be corrected ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom