What's new

PAF firepower development

asker

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
How many strikes PAF can carry per day in war. Any information about PAFs firepower will b welcomed

Hi,

Welcome aboard !

Please take sometime to learn. I am sure after that you wont ask silly questions
This is not a silly question Israel upgraded its firepower capabilities in past two years up to 400 % they can carry thousands of strikes per day in same context I m asking what is our fire power capability

This is not a silly question Israel upgraded its firepower capabilities in past two years up to 400 % they can carry thousands of strikes per day in same context I m asking what is our fire power capability
hi,

I dont know where you got that figure from?. Any credible source will be really appreciated.

As for information like this, PAF is quite silent about its capabilities to keep its enemy at dark

Last edited:

You'll never know the details.

Moreover, there is no one number as to how many strikes PAF can do per day. It all depends.

What type of strikes, in what sector, against what type of targets?

Ongoing war against terrorist animals of TTP and affiliates have depleted PAF's stocks of weapons and ammunition.

Well the man asked a very good question. Although its not for sure even for Air Force to figure out for the future war, but the statistics are not that difficult for peace time as inter squadron competition are held to judge such facts and figures of every sqdrn for their efficiency. The general formula for fighters is that 10% of the fleet available is always in maintenance and remaining 90% should be kept ready. But its always not an ideal situation.
In my research through some data and PAF sources in Air Force states that the F-16's are always ready for 4-5 sorties in every 24 hrs per aircraft.

Surprisingly A-5 had the best flight safety and maintenance record as its engines were the safest and least time consuming for maintenance. While retiring the A-5's it was specifically mentioned for its flight safety and maintenance record as its plus points. It also had highest flight turn around time like F-16's 4-5 times

Mirages in PAF differ in turn around time with reported max 2-3 in every 24 hrs , but older the model lower the flights.
F-7 now has almost close to F-16's as more technicians are involved for sheer numbers , its our first response for interception, so its always maintained on a fast track.

Every Air force has its own formulation, PAF has a very good cockpit to pilot ratio. Only once it was reported during kargil war that PAF Ratio is 1:5 and IAF has just 1:2. It means 5 pilots ready for one aircraft in PAF and 2 pilots ready for 1 aircraft in India. Same is the position is for maintenance . Few months back one PAF official stated that in IAF even the SU-30 Tyre changing has become a lot of problem and many times they just burst after take off.

India has set a target for its Maintenance crew to get 50% Su-30 fleet operational all the time and later this year up to 75%. One can make a wild guess how poor and slow is their maintenance and a lot of Big birds remains as sitting duck's. One big reason is also for their sheer in numbers, but what a poor way for showing power to the world that we got 250 such hi tech birds and they actually are sitting duck's waiting for either pilots or maintenance crew for help.

In late 2005, long before any JF-17s were inducted the and also long before additional and new F-16s arrived, one of the target for Highmark-2005 was to fly 8000 sorties within a fortnight period. This was a brainchild of G/C Haseeb Paracha. The idea was to utilise all the assets and infrastructure at PAF disposal including Motorways.
The PAF was well on it's way in achieving the target by flying well over 7000 sorties before severe weather moved in and last few days of operations had to be curtailed as some motorways became water logged.

How many strikes PAF can carry per day in war. Any information about PAFs firepower will b welcomed
I think you mean how many sorties PAF can carry out per day focused on ground operations alone. That is hard to answer. It is not known how many planes are assigned to carrying out ground attack missions exclusively. Even if we did know that, many of air superiority planes can carry out some limited interdiction strikes as well. But still i'll try.

Mirage planes are exclusively for ground attack role. They are also the PAF custodians of our nuclear weapons.
F-16's, these are our primary ground attack planes. They are also our best air superiority planes.
F-7PGs are exclusively used for air superiority.
JF-17's are rarely used for ground attack operations. They have a limited payload capacity. Might change in the block 3 version.
I hope that helps you reach the answer.

In late 2005, long before any JF-17s were inducted the and also long before additional and new F-16s arrived, one of the target for Highmark-2005 was to fly 8000 sorties within a fortnight period. This was a brainchild of G/C Haseeb Paracha. The idea was to utilise all the assets and infrastructure at PAF disposal including Motorways.
The PAF was well on it's way in achieving the target by flying well over 7000 sorties before severe weather moved in and last few days of operations had to be curtailed as some motorways became water logged.

You are a genius sir:tup:

With the induction of BLK-2 JF-17 and upgrading of BLK-1 to 2, it is going to be as capable as F-16's in both ground and Air interdiction roles, as the weaponry coming along with BLK-2 makes it a true multi role like the F-16's. SD-10 PL5E-2, and PL-9C would make it as lethal in air as F-16, and ground testing of almost all weapon's is underway and a lot of them are already integrated with it like Anti-Radiation missiles, LT-2 LGB and specially Anti- ship C-802, RAAD may also being tested for long range strike roles.

Back
Top Bottom