What's new

PAF F-16 Milestone Pilots

F-16 Accidents & Mishaps for the Pakistan Air Force

22 Oct 1994 [w/o] 82701 81-0899 PAF 11 sqn F-16A Block 15E Details
Crashed near Sargodha, Pakistan

04 Sep 1989 [w/o] 84712 81-0910 PAF 38 TW F-16A Block 15Q Details
During a night sortie and a few minutes after take-off from Sargodha AB, the wingman informed his lead and ground control that he is disoriented. They tried to help by repeatedly telling him to concentrate on the instruments but he crashed a few miles from Sarghoda.

29 Apr 1987 [w/o] 85720 81-0918 PAF 14 sqn F-16A Block 15S Details
Shot down by an Afghan fighter. Flight Lieutenant Shahid Sikandar Khan ejected safely.

17 Mar 1994 [w/o] 85721 81-0919 PAF 14 sqn F-16A Block 15S Details
Crashed near Sargodha, Pakistan.

16 Jun 1991 [w/o] 85723 81-0921 PAF 38 TW F-16A Block 15T Details
On a night training mission with one other F-16. Returning to Kamra AB to land suffered an engine failure forcing Squadron Leader Syed Hassan Raza to eject.

28 Oct 1991 [w/o] 85725 81-0923 PAF 14 sqn F-16A Block 15U Details
Crashed in Attock, Pakistan after it suffered an engine failure during a dogfight training mission with the pilot, Squadron Leader Nadeem Anjum, ejected safely.

10 Nov 1993 [w/o] 84607 81-0937 PAF 38 TW F-16B Block 15N Details
Crash caused by a birdhit.

18 Dec 1986 [w/o] 85609 81-1504 PAF 38 TW F-16B Block 15U Details
The aircraft took off from Sargodha AB and hit a wild boar causing the two pilots to eject.

17 Jul 2009 [w/o] 92729 92-0405 F-16A Block 15AQ OCU

The plane was on a routine night training mission when it crashed close to village of NurPur, 105km south west of Sargodha. The pilot, Squadron Leader Saud Ghulam Nabi, was sadly killed.

Refernce Link:- http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/mishaps-and-accidents/airforce/PAF/

So what is your point here aside from the fact that attrition is a fact of life? Care to compare the number of Mirage 2000 and Mig-29 crashes on your side with our F-16 attrition?

29 Apr 1987 [w/o] 85720 81-0918 PAF 14 sqn F-16A Block 15S Details
Shot down by an Afghan fighter. Flight Lieutenant Shahid Sikandar Khan ejected safely.

This one is total BS only being pedaled by Indians. The PAF records and even those corroborated with Afghan/VVS operations have verified that this was an own goal by the PAF.

We have lost a total of 9 F-16s in 27 years of service of which at least 6 have included intensive combat flying by this fleet of the F-16s. In the same period of time, a conservative figure shows that the IAF has suffered 7 Mirage 2000 crashes and 12 Mig 29 crashes and 1 su-30MKI crash. This is 20 frontline aircraft lost to Pakistan's 9. Double the attrition of front line assets.

We lost the bulk of our F-16s during the decade of the 90s which was the most sanction-prone time for our F-16 fleet. That we kept them flying and limited the losses is a testament to the PAF's engineering efforts and dedication to its fleet.

Last edited:
The F-16 incident was blue on blue but the Indians are trying to spew their propaganda everywhere.Afghans shooting down F16 in 1980's *The time when F-16 was literally unmatchable.The most hottest fighter around after F-15.

windjammer

Cdt. M. Haseeb Paracha
(Updated: 17 Feb 2009)
9 sqn | 11 sqn

What is his actual rank rite now, Group Captain or Air Commodore. i cant make out what does it stands for, Cdt
A dashing personality, i still remember his programme, 'Aik Din Geo Kay Sath' and Sohail Waraich as a host. Zabar dast programme.
A must watch. the programme was telecasted on 7 September some years back.

What is his actual rank rite now, Group Captain or Air Commodore. i cant make out what does it stands for, Cdt
A dashing personality, i still remember his programme, 'Aik Din Geo Kay Sath' and Sohail Waraich as a host. Zabar dast programme.
A must watch. the programme was telecasted on 7 September some years back.

He is a Group Captain now, i have tried to locate the programme you mentioned but it seems to have been removed. However in the following song video you can catch him at 3.28.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's worth noting that of the nine F-16s lost during their 28 years service at least four were unavoidable, one became the target of a stray missile, another hit a wild boar during take off run, one crashed when the pilot became disorientated during classified maneuvers while at least one suffered the menace of bird strike.

As for the highly exaggerated claim of an F-16 falling to an Afghan fighter, the reality is that a formation of two F-16s was chasing six Afghan SU-22s, the Falcon leader's missile went astray and hit his No.2 who ejected and was recovered, the leader in question was Wing Commander Amjad Javed.

@Jigs it was updated last year..F-16s have seen a lot of action since then and most of these pilots havent retired yet

@Jigs it was updated last year..F-16s have seen a lot of action since then and most of these pilots havent retired yet

As i said earlier, the list only seems to be covering the respective pilots who have either retired or still serving in the F-16 Squadrons I.E 9, 11.
Other senior Falcon pilots posted to other squadrons don't seem to be included.

I am sure you can count that PAF lost 9 F-16s in 28 years of operations, during which they were engaged for at least five years with Afghan/Soviet aircrafts, during which they shot down at least 14 intruders. From the above you can also see that between 1994 and 2009 there is a gap of 15 years involving an F-16 crash, during this period, PAF F-16s completed 100,000 accident free flight hours.
In almost same period, the IAF has lost nearly 40 Jaguars and over half of the Harriers without once going to war. Not to mention the MIGs and other types.

Yes indeed the efforts of PAF pilots and staff are commendable. In the above list there were three crashes that occurred due to pilot fault

1) FLT LT Shahid Sikandar's F16 was shot down by W/C Amjad mistakenly
2) S/L Zafar Ahsin suffered dis-orientation in 1989 crash
3) S/L Saud Ghulam Nabi was also the victim of dis-orientation in 2009 crash

Two were crashed due to Bird Hit/Wild Boar

1) The F16B crashed (due to wild bore) in 1986 during takeoff from Sargodha Air Base at 10:10 pm at night
2) Another F16 crahsed in Sargodha, when after take off a vulture hit it in 1993

THAT SHOWS ONLY CRASHES IN 28 YEARS DUE O TECHNICAL FAULTS

Yes indeed the efforts of PAF pilots and staff are commendable. In the above list there were three crashes that occurred due to pilot fault

1) FLT LT Shahid Sikandar's F16 was shot down by W/C Amjad mistakenly
2) S/L Zafar Ahsin suffered dis-orientation in 1989 crash
3) S/L Saud Ghulam Nabi was also the victim of dis-orientation in 2009 crash

Two were crashed due to Bird Hit/Wild Boar

1) The F16B crashed (due to wild bore) in 1986 during takeoff from Sargodha Air Base at 10:10 pm at night
2) Another F16 crahsed in Sargodha, when after take off a vulture hit it in 1993

THAT SHOWS ONLY CRASHES IN 28 YEARS DUE O TECHNICAL FAULTS

I will get the exact details of the friendly fire details from my dad and hopefully clear any other theories about that day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom