What's new

PAF contingent leaves for China

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
Islamabad: The Pakistan Air Force contingent comprising Mirage and F-7 PG aircraft, combat Pilots and ground technical crew left for China to participate in the joint Air Exercise ‘Shaheen-II’.

The exercise will be conducted between PAF and PLAAF (People’s Liberation Army Air Force) from 3 to 22 September 2013. It is a historic event as it is the first time that the Air Force of any country would be participating in a joint Air Exercise in Chinese air space.

It is pertinent to mention that the first exercise of this series ‘Shaheen-I’ took place in March 2011 in Pakistan at an operational Air Base of Pakistan Air Force.The prime objective of the exercise is to excel in the air combat capability with focus on Air Power employment in any future conflict.

Pakistan Air Force conducts such exercises on regular intervals both inland and abroad. Air Exercise ‘Shaheen-II’ will provide an opportunity to combat crew of both the Air Forces to acquaint themselves with applied tactics of air power in near real scenario.

Pakistan Air Force emphasises the combat training of its air and ground crew and regularly undertakes Air Exercises with Allied Air Forces.These exercises not only play a vital role in honing the combat skills of PAF Air Crew but also enable them to learn the latest Air Power employment strategies in complex theatres of warfare.

The Pakistan Air Force has been participating in a number of International Air Exercises with some of the best Air Forces of the world, including United States Air Force (USAF), Italian Air Force, Turkish Air Force (TuAF) and Air Forces of other allied countries.

Latest News - Breaking News - Pakistan News - thenews.com.pk

The pilots of those old fart planes will be the ones to fly the JF-17 in the near future, so it makes sense.

We already have some of JF-17s available from our squadron, why not send now? What's holding them back? The dogfight experiences would not be the same as aging Mirage/F-7PGs.

I am thrilled to see the exercises and get pictures but with this same planes again? I am disappointing from previously international exercises.

Same old fart planes, it wouldn't benefit anything without latest JF-17 and F-16 Block 52 which would be honor to exercise first-ever with China.

For any Air Force Strategy and Tactics plays a much important role than what common people understand, without them no air force can fully utilize the true potential of their available resources. With time and development of new hardware's and software's in aircraft industry the strategy too changes, so its important to remain updated, whats better than to have air exercises with as many countries as possible. Pilots of Mirage and F-7 are the one who will fly JF-17 in near future, so its good move.

1. JF-17 is relatively new platform, PAF still needs time to rectify minor and major problems which is faced by all air force during operationalization of new platform, so not before PAF themself learn about true potential and limitation of this aircraft. My guess not before 5 years.

2. F-16 Block 52, you forgot its made in USA, you like it or not you need their permission even in order to use them in your own airspace during air exercises with any foreign country except US Air Force.

usa will not allow to use f-16s
even they don't allow turkey 2yrs earlier

then it was better to buy something else then a god damn falcon which can't fly free. its ashame for falcons :P

1209321_459091574198309_1167189750_n.jpg

holly lols air force going on mission :omghaha:

The worst part is PAF is still dreaming about fancy planes from 1970s which would be good opportunity for grandpa, PAF are very behind the schedules, look at Saudi's Green Flag exercises with latest four Typhoon included from Squadron 3 in UK.

:disagree:

they were for missions in 70s 80s 90s not now . what you see in this pic ? a 60s era design fighter jet is going to exersise with modern electronic era jets .

we do sometime very funny war games believe me

29231p2.jpg

PAFF-7PGwithUSF-22Raptor1.jpg

our war games against raptor :P

still The raptor pilots were pretty much impressed with the skills of PAF pilots...i remember some comments from airforces-monthly...

WASTE waste waste without falcons and thunders

hmmmm...but still our most of the fleet consists of PG's and Mirages...sad reality...and considering this...these pilots should also be given opportunities to polish combat skills

Back
Top Bottom