What's new

PAF carries out operational exercises in northern areas

SKARDU: Jet fighters of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) made flights near Siachen Glacier on Wednesday morning, Samaa reported.

According to PAF sources, all of its forward operating bases have been made fully operational.

Mirage jets of PAF are part of exercises since the forward base was made operational.

Chief of Air Staff Sohail Aman paid a visit to the forward airbase in Skardu on Wednesday. He was accompanied by top leadership of the Pakistan Air Force.

According to PAF, Aman met the pilots and technical staff of the fighting force. A fighter squadron carried out higher and lower altitude flights.

Air Chief Sohail Aman himself flew a Mirage jet on the occasion as well.

Video in the link shows PAF airchief strapping up in a Mirage jet operating out of Skardu.

https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/05/paf-jets-fly-over-siachen/

Does that mean PAF is now producing 24x3 = 72 fighter jets a year?
I believe the original output capacity was some 16 jets annually.

I believe the original output capacity was some 16 jets annually.

Wao, that is heaps still. 48 units of JF-17 a year. :pakistan:

But the point is, which block? If it is block-II only then PAF is going to induct more than 50 of those.

I don't think this is just an exercise.
A-It could be response to the missing Su-30mki.
B-It could be due to a bigger scenario of skirmishes .

I don't think this is just an exercise.
A-It could be response to the missing Su-30mki.
B-It could be due to a bigger scenario of skirmishes .

Can you explain Scenario A ? What has Pakistan got to do with missing Indian MKI?

Did you ppl run into our missing sukhoi ? But why all the bases for just one jet :P

Seems it is just a routine exercise to check the operational readiness of the force. Media as usual blows it out of proportion.
Three days ago your air chief send letter to all pilots ready ness for a war can you explain that

Three days ago your air chief send letter to all pilots ready ness for a war can you explain that
Its normal procedure always there..media farts on both sides.
Get insight of this from n indian ex militarymen on this forum not from fanboys.

Difficult times ahead with a warhysteria of India bring both countries at brink of total inhilation may ALLAH prevail both nation from the madness of modi and it's allies

O bhai pata karo kahin Sukhoi k sath bhi accidental fire wala scene to nahi ho gya.in indians ki pehle hi haalat bohat patli ha bhook se aur baghair namak mirch wali daal se:sarcastic:

We are not afraid of Indian aggression at all...
Modi will try to take some foolish steps but we will put everything in india to rest... for always ...

Your missing Sukhoi is source of satisfaction for us. PAF bases go on alert when ISI provides intelligence to them and also Air Intelligence notes some movement on border as you have noticed we have 8 AWACS for this job and soon 3 more will come and also several Ground Based Radars. So your guys are doing something which resulted in PAF going on High Alert.
I spotted su-30s on ambala air base months ago.

I agree.there is some intelligence given to paf about a possible air strikes of iaf.forward bases can't be on high alert without any intelligence.

why mirage at skardu? probably to launch cruise missile "raad" somewhere in IOK? it is not going to intercept an of the indian jets. so sending mirages at skardu most likely points towards ground strike role in IOK in case the indians do any stupidity

PAF should have kept this deployment away from the media. media is portraying as if war is imminent. indians would get the information about this deployment without PAF official statement. they have intelligence network. this whole thing can be interpreted as " a single statement by the IAF chief has put even the PAF chief in cockpit." indians may send their pilots to leave now and release another statement like this one after two months. the positive aspect of this move is that the IAF chief wrote a letter to all officers to be ready but the PAF chief took a step forward and personally did combat training thus leading from the front. actions speak louder then words.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom