What's new

PAF and Saturation Bombings.

Greetings, dedicated bombers and saturation bombings only work if you have near total air superiority and DEAD as was the case in both Afghan and Iraq wars.
One can not deny the psychological effects of carpet bombing.

Greetings, dedicated bombers and saturation bombings only work if you have near total air superiority and DEAD as was the case in both Afghan and Iraq wars.
One can not deny the psychological effects of carpet bombing.
Good point but i dont think most of the Indian coastline is completely under the protection of their SAMS. They have huge vacuums in their SAM cover.!!!

Good out of the box thinking. Perhaps the easiest would be to get some JH-7As. And if you want something bigger, an H-6K
Maintenance nightmares!!!

The PAF cant just fly the C-130 to the SAM directly, they will be first eliminated
C 130s are more trustworthy and reliable than the Antonovs designated by the Indians. It will be interesting to see if Ukraine has a sizeable chunk of them all with the Ilyushin 78 for disposal.
upload_2019-8-31_18-6-41.jpeg

How about arming C-130 wings with a few dozen MK82s with REK from GIDS and dropping them all from behind border? All that would be needed would be GPS coordinates for strategic targets. Wouldn't that work as a good saturation bomber and strategic bomber?

Last edited:
How about arming C-130 wings with a few dozen MK82s with REK from GIDS and dropping them all from behind border? All that would be needed would be GPS coordinates for strategic targets. Wouldn't that work as a good saturation bomber and strategic bomber?
I have seen Ilyushin 78 housing several bomb racks on their wings,with modifications why not C 130s!!!
il-76_11.jpg

I have seen Ilyushin 78 housing several bomb racks on their wings,with modifications why not C 130s!!!
il-76_11.jpg
And Pakistan makes Guidance extension kit from GIDS with 100km range so it could be dropped behind LOC and hit targets inside of India. I think the C-130 could carry a few dozen 250kg bombs spread between 5 or so hardpoints. I think Lockheed Martin would have to help because it's their plane after all and integration without them would be difficult.

And Pakistan makes Guidance extension kit from GIDS with 100km range so it could be dropped behind LOC and hit targets inside of India. I think the C-130 could carry a few dozen 250kg bombs spread between 5 or so hardpoints. I think Lockheed Martin would have to help because it's their plane after all and integration without them would be difficult.
C 130 is such a versatile and rugged platform ,can do wonders with it. I think the way we collected Mirages globally,time to consider grabbing C 130s for a change.

This is not out of the box thinking at all by the OP but rather a result of being ignoramus.

The entire C130 fleet of PAF was used as a bomber in 1965 war. The C-130 aircraft played an important role in the 1965 war and destroyed Many Bridges as well as Indian fighter jets during the air missions as per a TV documentary aired on AirMarshal Nur Khan. Special guns were installed at the ramp of C-130 aircraft for Gilgit air mission to target the Indian aircraft too. But that was another era altogether. The rules of the game have changed.

Not repeating the obvious flaws of the Idea already explained by some posters like much needed air superiority etc as well as common sense...

There is however one particular strike role that C130s can possibly fulfil without the much needed airsuperiority requirements over eastern border areas; Carry a couple of Nuclear tipped ALCM like Babur on modified pylons and hover around KPK Baluchistan boundary to provide "additional" and much needed "second strike" capability to our strategic weapons arsenal.

We have 18 C130s (B/ C/ E and H versions). If PAF adds ALCM capabilities to half of them for additional or "multi-role" use, then it potentially gives us a good 18 ALCMs to hit back at Indias as a Second Strike option from the air when our cities and installations are already hit.

I did use the term "additional second strike" capability as the best of it is still Submarine LCM or SLCM. Limiting the comment on purpose.

Do read up on second strike capability, its unequivocall deterrence value and why its needed and more importantly, what the implication of its use means.

This is not out of the box thinking at all by the OP but rather a result of being ignoramus.

The entire C130 fleet of PAF was used as a bomber in 1965 war. The C-130 aircraft played an important role in the 1965 war and destroyed Many Bridges as well as Indian fighter jets during the air missions as per a TV documentary aired on AirMarshal Nur Khan. Special guns were installed at the ramp of C-130 aircraft for Gilgit air mission to target the Indian aircraft too. But that was another era altogether. The rules of the game have changed.

Not repeating the obvious flaws of the Idea already explained by some posters like much needed air superiority etc as well as common sense...

There is however one particular strike role that C130s can possibly fulfil without the much needed airsuperiority requirements over eastern border areas; Carry a couple of Nuclear tipped ALCM like Babur on modified pylons and hover around KPK Baluchistan boundary to provide "additional" and much needed "second strike" capability to our strategic weapons arsenal.

We have 18 C130s (B/ C/ E and H versions). If PAF adds ALCM capabilities to half of them for additional or "multi-role" use, then it potentially gives us a good 18 ALCMs to hit back at Indias as a Second Strike option from the air when our cities and installations are already hit.

I did use the term "additional second strike" capability as the best of it is still Submarine LCM or SLCM.

Do read up on second strike capability, its unequivocall deterrence value and why its needed and more importantly, what the implication of its use means.
Why not just integrate a few dozen 250kg GEK on the aircraft with 100km range for strategic bombing? Lockheed Martin would be needed in any case.

Why not just integrate a few dozen 250kg GEK on the aircraft with 100km range for strategic bombing? Lockheed Martin would be needed in any case.
US saved hundreds of C 130s going to the boneyard by converting some of them into AC 30 gunships. I am sure we have the skills to modify the platform starting of with the strengthening of the wings and housing a few bomb racks !!!

US saved hundreds of C 130s going to the boneyard by converting some of them into AC 30 gunships. I am sure we have the skills to modify the platform starting of with the strengthening of the wings and housing a few bomb racks !!!
Pakistan can't do it alone since you would need OEM for help to make sure the plane doesn't have structural problems. If Pakistan could contract Lockheed Martin it could probably work.

Maintenance nightmares!!!

Hi,

War by itself is a maintenance nightmare---.

So---if maintenance nightmare is going to stop you buying equipment---then better sign on the dotted line and make peace---because there is no bomber or a heavy strike aircraft available that is a maintenance nightmare---.

Pakistan can't do it alone since you would need OEM for help to make sure the plane doesn't have structural problems. If Pakistan could contract Lockheed Martin it could probably work.
What about the Turks they operate some. LM may ask us for Uncle Sams nod,depends on his mood.

Back
Top Bottom