What's new

PAF Ammunition & Weaponry Discussion

Zeeshan S.

Reaction score
Well we are getting F-16 Block 50 from United States, and it seems we will be also getting PGMS, and other ammunition and weaponry. A new version of HARM has just been developed for USAF, and PAF might want to look into it.

Hot New HARM Pods Arrive Early
October 19, 2006: The U.S. Air Force received the first fifteen new HARM Targeting System HTS-7 electronic warfare pods, and got them ahead of time (which is always a good sign). The HARM (High speed, Anti-Radiation Missile) has been around since the 1960s, and is fired at enemy radars and other transmitters (radio), usually as part of shutting down enemy air defenses. The HTS is the device you mount on the electronic warfare aircraft (in this case, usually an F-16) that is carrying the HARMs and leading missions to destroy enemy air defenses. The latest HTS ("Revision 7", thus HTS 7), has better electronics and software for detecting enemy transmissions before the aircraft is close enough to launch a HARM (about 150 kilometers for the current AGM-88). Some two hundred existing HTS pods will be upgraded to the Revision 7 standard.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htecm/articles/20061019.aspx

Is PL-3 a larger version of PL-2 in service with Pakistan Air Force? If yes what other aircrafts can carry the missile except J-5/F-5/MiG-17, J-6/F-6/MiG-19, and J-7/F-7P/F-7PG in the Pakistan Air Force?

Plus what was the approximate time, they were procured? Did they come with the F-5, F-6, and F-7?

AMRAAM's are to be used on F-16's right but isn't there a longer ranged air to air missile availible.

AWESOME!! :chilli:

Thanks! :) Now i will not have to search the archives. :wall:

The site is also an excellent source of US weaponry and the weapon systems it sells to other nations. A word of caution, the data isn’t always current.

Thats fine with me, as long as i can get some kind of overview of what has been purchased in the past, because it is hard to read and search for archives.

Back
Top Bottom