What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

A technical qu"nomi007, post: 5356568, member: 22967"]No.27 Sqn 'Zarrars' Mirage prepares to refuel from Il-78 tanker, whereas other two aircraft from No.7 Sqn 'Bandits' wait for their turn.
mirages_refuel.jpg

looks mirage V also have ifr probe
A technical question. Why cant we install a hose and drogue system in our IL87? What sould the cost of such a modification be.
Araz[/quote]
would need to replace the entire russian sysstem with a western one. its possible but expensive.

It might be a good idea for the PAF to look into the Embraer KC-390. Not only is it a possible contender for replacing the PAF's C-130s, but the KC-390's been designed as a MRTT, i.e. capable of aerial refueling (hose and drogue). In other words, the PAF can replace its C-130s and IL-78s with a single type. Moreover, Embraer is working on a boom refueling solution for KC-390.

Inside Embraer's KC-390 Tanker/Transport

It might be a good idea for the PAF to look into the Embraer KC-390. Not only is it a possible contender for replacing the PAF's C-130s, but the KC-390's been designed as a MRTT, i.e. capable of aerial refueling (hose and drogue). In other words, the PAF can replace its C-130s and IL-78s with a single type. Moreover, Embraer is working on a boom refueling solution for KC-390.

Inside Embraer's KC-390 Tanker/Transport
kc-390 is good deal if paf ask for govt 50m$/aircraft approx is good price tag
numbers of jets in coming years are going increase in next 7 yrs in paf
4 il-78midas will not be enough

kc-390 is good deal if paf ask for govt 50m$/aircraft approx is good price tag
numbers of jets in coming years are going increase in next 7 yrs in paf
4 il-78midas will not be enough

it will be a wee bit more expensive than that. sure we tankers for our F-16 fleet

No.27 Sqn 'Zarrars' Mirage-IIIDP being refuel in mid-air. This unit is tasked with tactical night attack role, which is performed by using Night Vision Goggles (NVG) and Forward Looking Infra-red (FLIR) capability (visible under aircraft's radome).
10265587_758927874152592_7876907758520286935_o.jpg

and Forward Looking Infra-red (FLIR) capability (visible under aircraft's radome).
10265587_758927874152592_7876907758520286935_o.jpg

Isn't that the Doppler Radar and TACAN housing?

This was the distinguishing feature of the Mirage IIIE, from which the DP was produced.

The chin housing for the FLIR was incorporated in ROSE MIrage 5's.

Also note, the nose looks like that of a Mirage IIIR.

@Munir, @Oscar, @Najam Khan ...any help folks?

Last edited:
its flir housing as munir said, dart flir is similar in function to litening 1.

In the not so distant future, unmanned vehicles will be capable to deliver fuel in the air (saving tons of money - conventional refueler).

But as a Pakistani I will buy this taknology wraaat (right)!

You will also see unmanned aerial vehicles powered by solar panels carrying sensitive radar equipment to monitor the airspace. More efficient in terms of getting real time data (even stealthy planes wont stand a chance unless they take out the vehicles) and save money.

we have that

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Mirage-III IL-78 Midas R09-001 Pakistan Air Force (9).jpg
    Mirage-III IL-78 Midas R09-001 Pakistan Air Force (9).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 201
  • PAF’s Mirage-III Rose-I with refueling kits IL78MP.jpg
    PAF’s Mirage-III Rose-I with refueling kits IL78MP.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 176

Does anyone has pictures of Mirages with a full armament load-out?

Good videos. Will someone give the ISPR or whoever makes these videos, HD cameras so the images come out nice please? It'd look amazing if this was shot through an HD camera.

View attachment 21370 when did mirage 5 got refueling capability

Is that a BVR missile in the pic next to the Sidewinders or the SRAAM's? Which BVR is this??

Back
Top Bottom