What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

Look for yourself.

il-78_-mirages_highmark2010.jpg

i already have why do you think i asked a question, if u dont have the answer why even brother to reply, troll

PAF IL-78 have 3 x UPAZ-1M Sakalin refueling pods, there is one under each wing wheres the 3rd one?

also is there any pics of 3 x Mirage refueling by the Il-78?
The third one is along the centreline, if you look at the IL-78 you can see on the port side of the rear of the fuselage there is the third refuelling pod that houses the hose and basket.

I can't find a suitable pic for the PAF Midas but will post one for the IAF's- it is almost identical except for a few differences.

does PAF have two different type of Il-78? or it is mutilfunction.

why a airrefuelling aircraft can also be used to transport JF 17 parts.

does PAF have two different type of Il-78? or it is mutilfunction.

why a airrefuelling aircraft can also be used to transport JF 17 parts.

It is a MRTT, Multi Role Transport Tanker. The additional tanks can be taken off from the fuselage i think.

These are PAF f16s refuelling in mid air But Do we own that big THING? It say USAF on its wing, man we want them as our f16s are familiar with them.
PAF%2Bto%2BRefuel%2Bit%2BF16%2BFighter%2BJets%2Bin%2BAir%2B(1).jpg

PAF+to+Refuel+it+F16+Fighter+Jets+in+Air+(3).jpg

Red-Flag-2010-Pakistan-Airforce-PAF-F-16-48.jpg

These are PAF f16s refuelling in mid air But Do we own that big THING? It say USAF on its wing, man we want them as our f16s are familiar with them.

We do not OWN it the refueler in this pic otherwise it would state PAF on it and have Pakistani flag on it .. this is from a excercise with the USAF . However i am sure PAF has been trying to get something for their vipers lets see what the future holds .

We do not OWN it the refueler in this pic otherwise it would state PAF on it and have Pakistani flag on it .. this is from a excercise with the USAF . However i am sure PAF has been trying to get something for their vipers lets see what the future holds .

The F-16 use a refuelling boom. This is different from probe and drogue used in Mirages. As far as I know, US is not willing to transfer this capability to Pakistan.

See the article below to know the history and different types of in-flight refueling methods.

Aerial refueling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

suppose there are two f-16's standing on the runway....one is at the front and the other one is at the rear....then a rope or string is used to connect the f-16 at the rear with f-16 at the front...that is fire proof rope coming out of the tail of one F-16 and joining with the nose of f-16 at the back....just like they connect gliders with propeller driver airplanes and take them into skies.......

will the F-16 at the front create such thrust that f-16 at the rear can also get airborne with engines off....so these two airplanes can travel from islamabad to karachi...over karachi the rear f-16 can get rid of the rope,start its engine and fly to towards its target further in the south?....then there can be no need of air-refuelers....like this we can work on and practice and connect 3,4 f-16's too...so that we can incease the range........

we can master this technique so that later on we connect out of fuel f-16 near karachi coast with a f-16 full of fuel that takes off from karachi goes and connects with f-16 out of fuel and bring it back on land...we can use one hard rope like some stick to connect them with stability.

fighter jet to fighter jet refueling also has potential to strike inside india....we can remove radar from one of our jf-17....put a fuel tank in it...add a long pipe in the front....it can be used to refuel planes short of fuel in air.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom