What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

Good News is R11-004 spotted for the first time after wearing PAF Roundel and Flag But as usual Spotted in ITALY. PAF seems to be really bsy transporting stuff from Italy to home, u know what i mean. :D

2103765.jpg

April 5, 2012: Pakistan Air Force Ilyushin Il-78MP at Pisa - San Giusto / Galileo Galilei, Italy

Good News is R11-004 spotted for the first time after wearing PAF Roundel and Flag But as usual Spotted in ITALY. PAF seems to be really bsy transporting stuff from Italy to home, u know what i mean. :D

April 5, 2012: Pakistan Air Force Ilyushin Il-78MP at Pisa - San Giusto / Galileo Galilei, Italy[/QUOTE

So do you mean italian furniture?? Ha HA
Sorry could not resist
Araz

2103765.jpg

April 5, 2012: Pakistan Air Force Ilyushin Il-78MP at Pisa - San Giusto / Galileo Galilei, Italy

picking up spada 2000 stuff

No money to upgrade these birds.

there is always some money somewhere!

Exactly how old are these refuellers? Weren't they already used when we bought them?

il-78_-mirages_highmark2010.jpg

Yes they are a bit old.

Were bought from Ukraine Airforce.

Exactly how old are these refuellers? Weren't they already used when we bought them?

il-78_-mirages_highmark2010.jpg

15-20 years old. the a/c basically underwent MLU to the airframe and engines. what these a/c further need is a upgrade of the cockpit avionics and less noisy engines (if possible). otherwise these a/c can fly for a long time.

^^ Why does the video say its an IL-76? I thought we have the IL-78 instead. Correct me if i'm wrong.

^^ Why does the video say its an IL-76? I thought we have the IL-78 instead. Correct me if i'm wrong.
basically il-78 is version of il-76
the pakistani il-78 have ability of removing refuel-er tanks so they can also act as transport aircraft
by the way by the induction of il-78 paf got a boom in transport lift
we still have option of 5th aircraft from Ukraine if funds are available

Although if we had some proper planning of acquistion then we might have 11 of Il-78 for transport/refueling roles. And we can upgrade them after 15 years of service.

Although if we had some proper planning of acquistion then we might have 11 of Il-78 for transport/refueling roles. And we can upgrade them after 15 years of service.

there acquisition was well planned. Why do you people always think that PAF brass is useless?
Its all about the money, we can buy more whenever we want IF we have the money!

Well hello gents. A tender for Refueling simulators!

paf_may28b.jpg

Only the hardware is being acquired and it is written development, so the software, programming and all other to be done in house?

Back
Top Bottom