What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

whats the latest on those Air-refueling simulators?

Any companies have showed interest or anything? And which companies are expected to be involved.

Spot the MIDAS.

2110530.jpg

Photos: Boeing C-17A Globemaster III Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

There has been some info reagrding PAF AAR , i dont know whether it has been shared before on this thread or not

The info is that the South African Instructors are teaching PAF pilots Air to Air refueling while besides 7 sqn Mirages being modified with Air to Air refueling probes, some 27 sqn Mirages have also been equipped with Air refueling probes

There has been some info reagrding PAF AAR , i dont know whether it has been shared before on this thread or not

The info is that the South African Instructors are teaching PAF pilots Air to Air refueling while besides 7 sqn Mirages being modified with Air to Air refueling probes, some 27 sqn Mirages have also been equipped with Air refueling probes

sounds reasonable as the the equipment for AAR (hoses) are of south african origin.

Well hello gents. A tender for Refueling simulators!

paf_may28b.jpg

Only the hardware is being acquired and it is written development, so the software, programming and all other to be done in house?

Whats the latest on this tender?

Any companies been shortlisted or selected?

PAF IL-78 have 3 x UPAZ-1M Sakalin refueling pods, there is one under each wing wheres the 3rd one?

also is there any pics of 3 x Mirage refueling by the Il-78?

PAF IL-78 have 3 x UPAZ-1M Sakalin refueling pods, there is one under each wing wheres the 3rd one?

also is there any pics of 3 x Mirage refueling by the Il-78?

Look for yourself.

il-78_-mirages_highmark2010.jpg

The F-16s without A2A Refuel capability is alarming and something must be done about it. You cannot have around 60-80 (in-case of any further induction) of your best fighter jets without A2A refuel capability. The IL-78 today can only refuel Mirage, and latter on JF-17 and J-10. 2-3 aerial refueler would do in my opinion.

Possible options may include:

kc46a_375x300.jpg

KC-46A
The KC-46 can refuel all fixed-wing receiver aircraft, carry more passengers, cargo and patients, and offer enhanced survivability with robust defensive systems and cockpit armor protection. With unmatched operational flexibility the KC-46 is a mobility game changer.

KC767Index.jpg

KC-767
With its optimum size and capability, and overall operational flexibility, the KC-767 International Global Tanker aerial refueling tanker is built, flown, tested, and certified, with three delivered and in operational service today.

kc10_09_375X300.jpg

KC-10
A derivative of the Boeing commercial DC-10-30 convertible freighter, the KC-10 Extender is an advanced tanker/cargo aircraft. It is designed to provide rapid, worldwide force projection for the armed services, as well as for humanitarian or peacekeeping missions.

kc-135-RC_KC135_375X300.jpg

KC-135
In operation since 1957, the KC-135 Stratotanker is used primarily to re-fuel aircraft during flight. Modified KC-135s, however, serve as flying command posts, pure transport, electronic reconnaissance, and photo mapping craft.

KC-46A and modified KC-135 are much better in my opinion.

Look for yourself.

il-78_-mirages_highmark2010.jpg

The F-16s without A2A Refuel capability is alarming and something must be done about it. You cannot have around 60-80 (in-case of any further induction) of your best fighter jets without A2A refuel capability. The IL-78 today can only refuel Mirage, and latter on JF-17 and J-10. 2-3 aerial refueler would do in my opinion.

Possible options may include:

kc46a_375x300.jpg

KC-46A
The KC-46 can refuel all fixed-wing receiver aircraft, carry more passengers, cargo and patients, and offer enhanced survivability with robust defensive systems and cockpit armor protection. With unmatched operational flexibility the KC-46 is a mobility game changer.

KC767Index.jpg

KC-767
With its optimum size and capability, and overall operational flexibility, the KC-767 International Global Tanker aerial refueling tanker is built, flown, tested, and certified, with three delivered and in operational service today.

kc10_09_375X300.jpg

KC-10
A derivative of the Boeing commercial DC-10-30 convertible freighter, the KC-10 Extender is an advanced tanker/cargo aircraft. It is designed to provide rapid, worldwide force projection for the armed services, as well as for humanitarian or peacekeeping missions.

kc-135-RC_KC135_375X300.jpg

KC-135
In operation since 1957, the KC-135 Stratotanker is used primarily to re-fuel aircraft during flight. Modified KC-135s, however, serve as flying command posts, pure transport, electronic reconnaissance, and photo mapping craft.

KC-46A and modified KC-135 are much better in my opinion.

I totally agree i have always said the same but you never know with PAF they like to keep secrets i sure hope they get alteast two ... perhaps can try for surplus kc-135 ex USAF

I totally agree i have always said the same but you never know with PAF they like to keep secrets i sure hope they get alteast two ... perhaps can try for surplus kc-135 ex USAF

The three grounded/retired Boeing 707s could be converted to KC-135. That would be much more feasible project.

Man I wished that if we were able to get 7-11 of these as multi missions like we have it now, that we can we them for refueling as well as for transportation purposes. Although for that we need more money which we don't have right now and in future there will be more options available to us for such roles like KC-390. By the way love that picture.
2-kc-390-hercules.jpg

brazilkc390.jpg

Embraer-KC-390-400x295.jpg

3-kc-390-hercules.jpg

fd2a8f23fbaca97653d8a5d7189aaf88c2b6773f_big.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom