What's new

PAF Air Refueling Capability

Don't you think that the PAF should look towards acquiring 7 of the Il-78P Midas instead of 4 as we had money when we were getting them?

I have heard from many of the members that the actual requirement was for 7 of such machines because in real scenario the Maritime region will require atleast 2 of these and 5 would be on the Indian border land

I have heard from many of the members that the actual requirement was for 7 of such machines because in real scenario the Maritime region will require atleast 2 of these and 5 would be on the Indian border land
sir exact 4

A bit older video ,but still worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that the actual requirement will be like 7 of IL-78s because of the fact that they can be used as transport aircraft as well. I wanted to know that whether these aircraft are new ones or refurbished ones, I am sure that these are refurbished ones.

I am sure that the actual requirement will be like 7 of IL-78s because of the fact that they can be used as transport aircraft as well. I wanted to know that whether these aircraft are new ones or refurbished ones, I am sure that these are refurbished ones.

I have also heard they are refurbished ones. One thing which i don't get is that why they bought IL 78 for mirage, i mean these planes would retire once JF 17 takes their place. Why not buying anything that suits JF 17 or F-16??

I have also heard they are refurbished ones. One thing which i don't get is that why they bought IL 78 for mirage, i mean these planes would retire once JF 17 takes their place. Why not buying anything that suits JF 17 or F-16??

IL-78MP are refurbished aircraft, not much used, they were built in Soviet Era and were stored after dissolution.
And they are not acquired for Mirage only they will serve for JF-17 and FC-20 also, for long terms.

the mirage ROSE squadrons will soldier on for a few years in the tactical strike role.

This is because of the fact that like Mirages the JF-17 and FC-20 will also have probe refueling system that is available on IL-78 with simultanious three refueling at a time.

PAF Falcons Calendar - March 2012

PAF-Falcons-Calendar-Mar-2012-large.jpg

Much needed clear photo of IL-78MP 11-003

2082308.jpg

As usual, they are photographed in Italy.
"March 1, 2012: Pakistan Air Force Ilyushin Il-78MP at Pisa - San Giusto / Galileo Galilei, Italy"

Back
Top Bottom